Imperial agents and new canoness

pretre

Ha ha yeah. New Sisters, after they've been using the same models (and the same "there will be a plastic kit any day now I swear" rumors) since 3rd Edition.

Well, to be fair, it was even before that (there's a rumor post on Portent circa beginning of 3rd end of 2nd, I believe) and we were right about a plastic kit in 3.5 (immo). I understand your point though.

well the way they described it online, it doesnt look like a new Sisters Codex, but it might serve to update some of the units...  Not sure though.  It seems to indicate that this is not really a Sisters codex at all.

It isn't. That is clear already from GW's posts. That being said, there are reliable mongers who are saying that Plastic SOB are still coming. These are folks with 100% accuracy in the past.

Imperial Agents is NOT a Sisters of Battle Codex. Where/why has anyone thought otherwise?

Finecrap... Failcast... there is a reason GW moved away from it and is no longer using it. We can only speculate on that reason, but I suspect it was due to the poor, poor quality of the finial product and GW's no questions asked replacement policy (at least, that's what I've heard). I would be very, very surprised if the new Canoness is made out of the same material as Finecast because GW "liquidated" all the Finecast material and equipment several years ago according to their financials statement. This mini is probably going to be made in the same resin material as what Forge World makes.

I hope I get one. :)

The reason finecast was moved away from, allegedly, was that it was always a bridge medium. They needed something cheap that they could use the fill the gap as they moved away from metal to plastic and other resins. The quality improved over time as they worked on the process and materials and has been largely been replaced by other resins.

Also:

b67ab127d44cb17e8a213c26d30abe82_94383.j

• Like 2

All I really want is penitent engines that don't suck. I will take the exact same stats and rules with a few alterations to make them really mean. First of all they are elites period. Most sisters players have to blow the dust off their elites section. Second be brutal and make them 45 points because it's games workshop. Special rules should be if you take 3 or more they get a 12 inch scout. If you take 6 or more they get outflank. If you take all 9 they all get a 5 up invulnerable save. That will sell some models.

• Like 1

All I really want is penitent engines that don't suck. I will take the exact same stats and rules with a few alterations to make them really mean. First of all they are elites period. Most sisters players have to blow the dust off their elites section. Second be brutal and make them 45 points because it's games workshop. Special rules should be if you take 3 or more they get a 12 inch scout. If you take 6 or more they get outflank. If you take all 9 they all get a 5 up invulnerable save. That will sell some models.

Hey, those are one of the meanest kill team legal vehicles.

Mmm... I don't know about "transitional material" considering they invested something like £15 million into the equipment, and it used the same molds as the metal models, but not the plastic. The advantage of Failcast or Finecrap was that they could reuse the molds they already had for metal miniatures, and save a stupid amount of money in materials cost due to the sky rocketing cost of tin, the prime component of white metal. The white metal models GW wanted to replace were low volume models that were projected to actually cost more for GW to make and ship then they could sell them for, and GW in a great act of benevolence, actually did not want to raise the price on say, Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing to £70+. Instead, they raised the prices on the Failcast models to cover the cost of investment into Failcast. Tin went from $2.50/pound to over $14/pound at it's peak in around 2010, and has leveled out to around $9.70/pound. The materials cost of Failcast is something on the order of $0.20/pound. GW's cost of materials dropped by a large margin in 2009-2010 according to their financials.

It is surprising that GW is still producing models in Finecrap, but again, it's all "legacy" models using older metal sculpts and molds. New kits have all been in plastic, meaning GW is eating the cost of cutting out metal molds for low volume models, which explains why we are paying $60 for three Exalted Sorcerers. I guess GW can't completely [big bad swear word] can Failcast, or a lot of models will be cut out of the line, and there are no replacements for them. And that leads to the big law suit they tried to pursue against Chapter House Studios. One of the results of that lawsuit is that GW couldn't sue a company for making a model they did not have in production. Hence the reason why any new army is released all at once now.

What do I expect in the future? It's not hard. Just look at Age of Sigmar and the vast amount of models that went "out of production" (hint: they were all metal/Failcast). They have almost completely eliminated Finecrap from the Fantasy line. It's still there, but models keep going "Sold Out" and not being replaced (such as the Orc Warboss on Wyvern). Has anyone received any Made to Order models yet? I'd be interested in what material they are making those in. I think the last "new" sculpt I saw in Failcrap was some of the Necrons. Everything else has been "legacy"- as in, it already had a metal sculpt.

Ultimately, Finecrap failed because it was a hard material to work with- both from an industrial standpoint and final product. It was too soft, had far too many bubbles, forced GW to release "Liquid Green Stuff", a set of fine grit files and emery boards, and eat the replacement costs of every returned model, which was apparently a lot. I have no hard and fast numbers on it, but supposedly they were filling a dumpster a day with returned and defective product. It also required very specialized equipment- it's two different kinds of materials in bead form that are mixed, then heated up and poured into a mold. The liquid form of Failcast is HIGHLY combustible and given one of the highest explosive hazards that the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration could give. I have the Material Safety Datasheet of Finecrap on my computer somewhere. For a while, the GW factory in the US used Finecrap, and under Federal Health and Safety regulations, you can make a formal request for the Material Safety Data Sheet of any material used in manufacturing in the US. So I did. I would NOT want to work around Failcrap in it's liquid form. No thank you. As a side note, the GW factory in the US no longer produces anything in Failcrap.  

• Like 1

I LOVE THE OLD Assassin in the upper right corner....one of my first models I owned!

When will those models go up on the site?

If you want some, there were several at GG in their bits for quite some time (gone now). And I frequently see them on ebay, typically mislabeled and for very cheap.

Pre-orders up in NZ

This 136-page full-colour Codex presents background and rules for a number of smaller Imperial factions, whose forces fight alongside other armies of the Emperor. Use the rules, datasheets, wargear and detachments included to add members of the following operatives to any army of the Imperium:

- A full army list for the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas
- Tech-Priest Enginseers and Servitors of the Adeptus Mechanicus
- Valkyries of the Aeronautica Imperialis
- Battle Psykers and Astropaths of the Astra Telepathica
- Priests of the Adeptus Ministorum
- Kill Teams and Corvus Blackstars of the Deathwatch
- Terminator Squads and Nemesis Dreadknights of the Grey Knights
- The Legion of the Damned
- Assassins of the Officio Assassinorum
- Inquisitors of the Inquisition

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-40-000?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102331+3252425321&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat

• Like 2