Imperial agents and new canoness

pretre

Somewhat on topic, GG presently has the metal conversion bits for an Exorcists in their bits bin for $25. They also have a full Exorcist kit on the shelf (in a white, direct order box) for I think $65. 

That's a lot of speculation without any hard evidence.

Then why do you think this suddenly came out? Why would GW do this if we are just a couple months away from a new Sisters of Battle Codex, with new models? Two possibilities come to mind:

1). Classic GW money grab. Make SoB players buy this "new" codex, maybe some more new models, and then in a few months, make them do it all again.

2). There is no new Sisters of Battle codex coming out, and GW is trying to maintain a good front, so they release a new resin model and print a new SoB Codex.

Then why do you think this suddenly came out? Why would GW do this if we are just a couple months away from a new Sisters of Battle Codex, with new models? Two possibilities come to mind:

1). Classic GW money grab. Make SoB players buy this "new" codex, maybe some more new models, and then in a few months, make them do it all again.

2). There is no new Sisters of Battle codex coming out, and GW is trying to maintain a good front, so they release a new resin model and print a new SoB Codex.

Again, speculation. I'm not sure why they chose to do things the way they did. Personally, my speculation is that this is what we will get for the next 2-4 years (This would follow previous SOB patterns.) and that they chose to do this because they saw how well 'Made to Order' worked for cashing in on old metal models.   I might hope for something else, but that has nothing to do with facts.

That being said, there are reliable rumor mongers who say plastics are coming. We will see on that front.

As for your previous post:

"It's a bad sign when GW reprints the entire codex for the first time in paper form right before an edition change, and then hypes the old miniatures. Does GW have piles and piles of Sisters of Battle laying around that this sale makes sense? No. Many of these models have been out of production for a long time. Now they are suddenly made available? They spent time, materials, and resources to bring these models back from the abyss. Why do that right before releasing a new Codex? Why do that if you have plastic models about to come online? It makes no sense, and goes against what GW has been doing lately. Surely, GW knows that if they release a new Sisters of Battle Codex in Jan/Feb of 2017 that changes all the models, they will face player backlash, from the people that jumped into this sale. I would have said this is exactly what GW would have done last year under Kirby, but with all the changes going on? The New management? Things have been turning around at GW, and this feels like a dramatic change back to the Old GW."

- There's no indication that this is 'right before an edition change'. The best we have from reliable mongers is 'not 2016, maybe 2017'.

- There's no indication that there were piles of SOB around. Especially since they have shown they can cast on demand metal models now. The ability to cast metal models has nothing to do with plastic production. They've shown that in the last few months.

So, again, you have a lot of speculation, but not a lot of fact there.

• Like 1

Good thing I just painted up those Arcoflagellants for the last OFCC.

Although I am interested in the Grey Knights formation since it might allow me a way to bring back my Dreadknight conversions without the GK Librarian Tax.

I'm also interested to see if the Techpriest Enginseer in the Acolyte Blob can bring along Servitors (Heavy Bolters, baby!), or if my shooty Acolyte squads are no longer relevant.

That detachment will never be used.

Lose Objective Secured for a Re-roll of all 1's on saves.  I dunno.  It's really good because it makes you pretty tough when you're already boasting a 3+.  having said that...Objective Secured is kinda a big deal.  

I probably would try it just because of the way my army operates so far forward most of the time.

Lose Objective Secured for a Re-roll of all 1's on saves.  I dunno.  It's really good because it makes you pretty tough when you're already boasting a 3+.  having said that...Objective Secured is kinda a big deal.  

I probably would try it just because of the way my army operates so far forward most of the time.

Reroll saves for one turn. If it was permanent, I'd probably go for it.