Elvensword Khorne kin list ideas

Skkipper

2000 Pts - Codex: Khorne Daemonkin Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Formation: Slaughtercult (37#, 2000 pts)
   1 War Engine, 0 pts
      1 Lord of Skulls, 888 pts

1 War Engine, 0 pts
      1 Maulerfiend, 140 pts = (base cost 130 + 2x Lasher Tendrils 10)

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 Slaughtercult, 0 pts
      1 Daemon Prince, 245 pts = (base cost 160 + Warp-Forged Armour 20 + Kor'lath, the Axe of Ruin 60) + Ichor Blood 5

7 Berzerkers, 133 pts = 7 * 19
         1 Berzerker Champion, 54 pts = (base cost 29 + Power Fist x1 25)

4 Possessed, 120 pts = 4 * 30
         1 Possessed Champion, 30 pts

7 Chaos Cultists, 47 pts = 7 * 6 (base cost 6) + Flamer x1 5
         1 Cultist Champion, 16 pts

Here is what I put together tonight.

• Like 1

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 Slaughtercult, 0 pts

1 Daemon Prince, 245 pts = (base cost 160 + Warp-Forged Armour 20 + Kor'lath, the Axe of Ruin 60) + Ichor Blood 5

Witness its fury. and despair.

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 War Engine, 0 pts

1 Slaughtercult, 0 pts

So if an opponent has a flyer, what's the plan? The gatling gun on the lord of skulls could work, but that's it. Perhaps the plan is to ignore flyers until you summon some bloodthristers?

Hmmm.... does look very easy to assemble, paint, and get on the table. Gotta get in a practice game and tell me how it goes. I'm working on my own daemonkin forces and I'm very curious if this list works. 

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I will play simulated games versus real lists using real missions.

Solo hammer!!

Does the game progress faster when you play against yourself? Several hours per game with someone else playing half the time, seems like it would take twice as long by yourself. Though I suppose, when you are obviously wrong on how a rule works, no one corrects you....

I am actually curious on this one. Should totally write up a battle report from each "player's" perspective.

I've never tried to play 40k solo, just because I'm nervous that if I enjoyed it, I'd stop interacting with real people at all...The main reason I play 40k instead of legos is that 40k is with other people. 

Yea, but are they pics of guys playing with themselves, as pax is asking for?

No, a report of one person playing two armies, what the armies do, and the mentality behind the tactics each army uses.

What you are describing is more solitare, but 40k is more a game of adjusting to your opponent, rather than adhering to strict rules in an automated fashion (since 40ks lacks strict rules). Without an actual opponent, you would need to role play both armies in a manner that accounted for the goals and desires of both players without treating them as a the same person. Although the ultimate goal is to win in 40k, each player usually has a different way they intend to do this, so when role playing two players, one must try to keep the two player's plans secret, or at least somewhat, or you'll eliminate the point of the simulation.

No, a report of one person playing two armies, what the armies do, and the mentality behind the tactics each army uses.

What you are describing is more solitare, but 40k is more a game of adjusting to your opponent, rather than adhering to strict rules in an automated fashion (since 40ks lacks strict rules). Without an actual opponent, you would need to role play both armies in a manner that accounted for the goals and desires of both players without treating them as a the same person. Although the ultimate goal is to win in 40k, each player usually has a different way they intend to do this, so when role playing two players, one must try to keep the two player's plans secret, or at least somewhat, or you'll eliminate the point of the simulation.

well I roleplay multiple people every time I DM my session.  Putting oneself in the mindset of an opponent you KNOW isn't so hard.  i know for example, how Sean Morgan likes to play or how Nathaniel Moss like to play so i could probably do a decent job of deploying the way they typically do and such.  I suppose it would be much harder to try it on others I don't know, though sometimes army lists do offer up a lot of information in that regard (but DEFINITELY are not strait jackets).

i dunno.  Its better than not practicing.  I think practicing this way lets you kind of see the REALITY of the room the enemy takes up and the advisability of trying certain things.  For example one understands what the Rehati Formation is going to do, but when you see how the terrain REALLY effects them and you, it will definitely change how you play them.  Training your brain to realize that LOS blocking terrain will do you no good BEFORE you play the game is probably a better time to realize the gravity of that statement than when its turn one and decisions have been made and you kind of realize how critical that is.