Elvensword Khorne kin list ideas

Skkipper

Forgeworld would make it illegal in any event.  But i think there is a dataslate or soemthing for the one you can use?  I cannot be sure.  Honestly Rory would know so i will hit him up about it.

For the record, the one you are thinking of is an apocalypse unit. Those are, technically, the most current rules, but I don't think they are legal outside of apocalypse.

Will there be any knights at the elven sword? because that is the biggest weakness for the Khornedozer.

Sorta got cut off by posting the last post of the previous page. Yours is a good point.

As I read it, Imperial Knights are banned from the event on the basis of LoWs being specifically 0-1 AND because Imperial Knights require their own Codex.

Those GW Renegade Knights might be legal (not sure if they qualify as their own faction, or are considered a codex supplement)

I have to pick out my best painted stuff so if I go with the slaughter cult I can pick only three parts of it correct?

So like the main part and two sub areas?g

You can only take a total of two formations (or other non-Combined Arms) detachments at the Elvensword. However, the "War Engine" selection in a Blood Host detachment is not a formation, so you are free to take as many of those as you please.

So you could, for example, do something like this:

BLOOD HOST DETACHMENT

SLAUGHTERCULT (CORE)

1 Herald of Khorne (Juggernaut) (90)

8 Bloodletters (80)

8 Bloodletters (80)

5 Possessed (150)

WAR ENGINE (AUXILIARY)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Soul Grinder (Phlegm) (165)

1 Lord of Skulls (888)

Each of the walkers are technically a separate War Engine selection, but I grouped them all together for convenience and readability. The list doesn't have a lot of tricks up its sleeve, but it does throw down a fair number of fast, dangerous walkers. If we had infinite models to pick from I would probably say throw more Maulerfiends and Soul Grinders in to replace the Lord of Skulls, but the big dude isn't the worst thing in the world- he will f*** up a Wraithknight something fierce and anything with less than S10 attacks in melee is gonna struggle to put any damage on him. Also, don't forget he's got an AP3 hellstorm flamer that he can aim at one target while his gattling cannon goes at whatever you wanna charge- superheavies really need to be killing more than one unit per turn.

An alternate take would be to remove the Lord of Skulls and include a Gorepack of Brazen Onslaught, probably with some additional models in the core detachment to back things up (additional Cultists for scoring, additional Bloodletters for some Deep Strike threats, etc.)

You can only take a total of two formations (or other non-Combined Arms) detachments at the Elvensword. However, the "War Engine" selection in a Blood Host detachment is not a formation, so you are free to take as many of those as you please.

So you could, for example, do something like this:

BLOOD HOST DETACHMENT

SLAUGHTERCULT (CORE)

8 Bloodletters (80)

8 Bloodletters (80)

5 Possessed (150)

WAR ENGINE (AUXILIARY)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Lord of Skulls (888)

Each of the walkers are technically a separate War Engine selection, but I grouped them all together for convenience and readability. The list doesn't have a lot of tricks up its sleeve, but it does throw down a fair number of fast, dangerous walkers. If we had infinite models to pick from I would probably say throw more Maulerfiends and Soul Grinders in to replace the Lord of Skulls, but the big dude isn't the worst thing in the world- he will f*** up a Wraithknight something fierce and anything with less than S10 attacks in melee is gonna struggle to put any damage on him. Also, don't forget he's got an AP3 hellstorm flamer that he can aim at one target while his gattling cannon goes at whatever you wanna charge- superheavies really need to be killing more than one unit per turn.

An alternate take would be to remove the Lord of Skulls and include a Gorepack of Brazen Onslaught, probably with some additional models in the core detachment to back things up (additional Cultists for scoring, additional Bloodletters for some Deep Strike threats, etc.)

Last year, it was ruled that all the choices in Combi-Detachments counted against the Detachment limitations. I tried to do something similar, and it got shot down.

• Like 1

BLOOD HOST DETACHMENT

SLAUGHTERCULT (CORE)

8 Bloodletters (80)

8 Bloodletters (80)

5 Possessed (150)

WAR ENGINE (AUXILIARY)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Maulerfiend (125)

1 Lord of Skulls (888)

Definitely looks legal within the list creation restrictions of the (current) Elvensword rules. Though does seem like they may have intended it to limit each sub-detachment selection, but AP is totally correct that this is within the rules.

Though regarding balance, you could end up with a pretty similar power level list with just a CAD:

HQ Herald (Juggernaut)

HQ Bloodthirster (of Unfettered Fury)

Elites Possessed 

Troops Bloodletters

Troops Bloodletters

Heavy Soulgrinder (Phlegm)

Heavy Soulgrinder (Phelgm)

Heavy Maulerfiend

Lord of War Khorne Lord of skulls

Same cost. Lost 2 Mauler fiends (125pts each) gained 1 Bloodthirster (250pts).

@LH: Are daemons summoned via Khorne Daemonkin's Blood Tithe considered part of the detachment, or like the psychic version, are they considered to each be their own detachment? 

Last year, it was ruled that all the choices in Combi-Detachments counted against the Detachment limitations. I tried to do something similar, and it got shot down.

*shrug* If Hanaur rules it that way then that's his choice, obviously, but the tournament's rules don't say anything about that and those very clearly are not formations or detachments of any kind, as they don't have a datasheet.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you missed it, LH did do a ruling on this: 

However, for this year as a trial, we are going to allow people to use the Army List Entries in their super-formations as long as they qualify to do so otherwise.  They will not count against your 3 formation limit.