Plastic Sisters for reals this time / Cadian Campaign / New Inquisitor? / Commoragh Game

pretre

Can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. It's not even optional- so long as a Gemini is alive, you HAVE to put wounds that Celestine suffers on it.

Wasn't Celestine S4/T4 previously? I don't remember offhand, but I vaguely recall she was.

Cawl and Celestine are both pretty tough to kill, but not outside of what current armies can manage. A volley or Grav, or enough S6, or whatever will still drag them down. Being able to sub them in for other detachments is cute, but probably won't get used a lot. Cawl's bonus canticles are good, but there's a lot of good options for canticles already and the text would seem to indicate you can't pop two at once (it's just three extra options in addition to the others you have.) The invuln is potentially pretty good as a way to fight armies with extensive Ignores Cover, but since it only goes to a 4++ it's not gonna stop a huge amount of firepower.

The "super ultra mega detachments" look kinda bad. They all have really high minimum requirements and don't really open up many options that you couldn't already do. Interesting ideas, but I doubt they're gonna pull anyone away from available builds, especially because many of them are actually pretty restrictive with what you can take.

Relics are interesting. We may see some use of them, since there's a couple gems in there, but the requirements to access them are a bit strict.

Yeah, reading it, the Celestine thing is easy enough to do. Celestine has always been S3/T3.

The Super Megas are bad, but I think Castellans will be pretty good. 'Without number' imperials is pretty hilarious.

Hmm

Castellans:

StC - 200
Min Priest - 25
BSS with F/HF in Immo - 135
Dom with 4 Melta in Rep - 180
Dom with 4 Melta in Rep - 180
Exo - 125
Exo - 125
Exo - 125
Iron Hands Command Squad with Bikes, Apoth, 3 SS, 3 Grav - 195
Iron Hands Captain on Bike with SS and Blade of the Worthy - 155

Basically, a sisters list with a mini-deathstar of Celestine (with 5+ FNP) and then the IH command with 4+ FNP. You could swap out the Blade/SS for Gorgon's Chain but then lose some offensive hitting power.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Hmm. I'm unsure about Castellans right now. I was initially bullish, but I'm not sure the respawn and hatred is great for a mostly sisters list.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Castellans
StC - 200
Coteaz - 100
Tac squad (Raven) with Melta in Drop Pod - 115
Dominions with 4 Melta in Rep - 180
Dominions with 4 Melta in Rep - 180
Exorcist - 125
Exorcist - 125
Exorcist - 125
Cent Dev (3) with Grav and Omni - 250
Libby with Hunter's Eye - 85

Arcana Mechanicum - Characters that can normally take a relic and are part of a Conclave Acquistorius Formation, Grand Concavaction Detachment or are in an army that includes Belsarius Cawl can take these:

* Quantum Annihilator (30pts) - Replaces a weapon. Range: 18", S 2d6, AP2, Assault D3, Quantum Paradox - Each time it fires, roll 2d6 to determine strength after target unit has been chosen. If it rolls above 10, it wounds automatically with Instant Death rule (or is an auto Pen against vehicles)

* Sacrifactum Autorepulsor (15pts) - Enemies charging the bearer or their unit suffer a -2 Charge Penalty that stacks with any other penalty

* Memento-Mortispex (30pts) - At the start of each of your turns, choose a rule to apply to the bearer and their unit (or weapons as appropriate): Cognis Weapons (BS2 snapfire, Flamers do 3 hits rather than d3 with Wall of Death in overwatch), Monster Hunter, Skyfire or Tank Hunter

* Omnissiah's Grace (10pts) - Bearer has 6+ Invulnerable Save. If they already had an Invulnerable Save, they get a +1 to their Invulnerable to a max of 3+.

* Saint Curia's Autopurger (25pts) - Models charging the bearer and their unit do not get extra attacks for charging. All models that are locked in combat with the bearer and their unit must pass a Toughness test at I10 step, or suffer 1 Wound for each test failed (can take saves as normal).

Holy crap.  My guard blob wants both of those inside them!  

Damn this hobby is awesome but SO expensive!  I just want Cawl and some Ad Mech guys now!  

• Like 1

reat news boys and girls,

Cadia is being invaded.

We’re sure you’re all delighted to hear that you will finally be able to test out those skills we spent all last afternoon since planetfall practicing. You will finally have the opportunity to show those mutant scum in the Eye what for, and give them a taste of cold Cadian steel!*

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that our tactical overview experts remind us that there is a 0% chance of Cadia falling to the forces of the Arch-enemy. This is due to four reasons which we have summarised here for your convenience:

1) Our Troops are the Best
cadians.jpg?w=760

Stationed on this world, we have the greatest concentration of Imperial forces in the segmentum. Amongst them are so many regiments of the renowned Cadian Shock Troopsthat the Adeptus Munitorum has been counting them for days and is still at it. And let’s not forget your own regiment**: skilled and efficient killers to a man, especially after the extensive drilling and training regime all of yesterday afternoon.

The enemies’ troops, on the other hand, are a rabble of mutants, renegades, beast-creatures and madmen barely worth of the term ‘army’. No match for the might of the Astra Militarum.

2) We have Faith!
celestine.jpg?w=760

We are joined by Celestine – a Living Saint of the highest order!
What do those faithless heretics in the Eye believe in? Crazy notions of gods in the Eye apparently – just the fevered dreams of the insane.

3) We have the Technology
cawl.jpg?w=760

Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl has arrived to lend his aid with the full support of the Adeptus Mechanicus. While you may not have seen, or even heard of, this individual before, we can assure you he is held in high regard by the priesthood of holy Mars, and has only Cadia’s best interest at heart.***

4) We have the Adeptus Astartes!
We are fortunate enough to be blessed with the presence of a Black Templars crusade, as well as warriors from over a dozen other Chapters. The enemy have some limited Heretic Astartes presence, but these are a pale reflection of the glorious warriors who march to war at our side.

So there you go.

The war for Cadia is all but won, now go out there and make your Emperor proud!

Thought for the Day:
‘It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.’

* Actual Cadian steel bayonets reserved for actual Cadian regiments, you will be issued with Ryzan iron blades that, contrary to the above statement, are not Cadian in origin, or steel, or cold – in fact, they are prone to overheat and melt with excessive lasgun firing. 
** Addendum: Imperial Tacticians did forget to incorporate your contribution into their calculations, as they estimated your contribution would be negligible.
*** Interesting fact – most Archmagos replace their hearts with more efficient bio-oxygenator pumps. Regardless of where Belisarius Cawl’s heart is, we’re sure Cadia’s best interests are there.

Castellans doesn't use Cawl and Skit/Ad Mech.

Castellans of the Imperium Detachment

* Units can be drawn from basically any Army of Imperium codex and their supplements. There's literally big lists of units you can take for each slot, which at a quick glance seems to basically include everything besides unique characters (aside from Black Templar, Adepta Sororitas and Inquisition unique characters though, which can be taken. Pask and Yarrick too). Interestingly enough, Codex: Inquisition and Codex: Adepta Sororitas are listed alongside Codex: Imperial Agents as available sources. That should clear that debate right up. You also must also include units from at least two different factions. Edit: Grey Knights, Death Watch, Cult Mechanics, Skitarii and Legion of the Damned are not available in the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment. I'm pretty sure most everything else, including Assassins and Cataphractii/Contempors, are though. Lord of War options are Imperial Knights (specifically the ones from Codex: Imperial Knights) and Baneblade variants.

* HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3

* All units get Hatred. If you have the max number of units, except troops, everyone gets Zealot

* Each time a Troops Choice is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 5+ an identical unit immediately goes into Ongoing Reserve, and counts as a unit from this detachment (so it can potentially be recycled again later)

* Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait

I missed that part, Just saw the first sentence.  :(

Yarrick and a priest in a combat blob.  Coteaz in a shooty blob.  2 scouts squads.  Then I get some Raven Guard Van Vets.  Finally get a Skittari Maniple just for funsies.  

Might be pushing 2k, but that could be a good goal for an army for OFCC.  

For OFCC, I'd try to see if I could get the slots maxed just so I could have zealot on everything. muahahahah. It would be so bad, but so good.