Picked up the Hellbrute Dataslate

Threejacks

Some pretty cool stuff!

3 Formations;

First one is the "Mayhem Pack"

Special rules

It will not die

3 Hellbrutes that start the game in reserve  come in Via deep strike...Yup Hellbrutes to the face!

It should be noted that these 3 models are not a vehicle squadron so they can be dropped in different locations which would mean 3 scatter rolls.

At least that's the way im reading it.

Then at the beginning of each movement phase they roll on the Crazed table and apply the result disregarding the hp loss rule if it didn't suffer one.

I like this one a lot but the Crazed table could bone ya into forcing a run when ya want to shoot.Either way I think im getting 2 more kits anyway due to them being friggen sick looking...well that and I would like to try this combo with my Orks sometime,hehe.

Second one is the "Helcult"

1 Hellbrute with 2 units of Chaos Cultists

The Hellbrute has the Rage special rule and the Following;

"Apocalyptic Fury" Any 1`s to hit that are rolled by the Hellbrute in Melee are not discarded,instead for each(unmodified) roll of 1 a friendly model within 6"(determine randomly) is hit.

"Living Idol of Chaos" As long as the Hellbrute is alive both units of Cultists have the fearless special rule.If the Hellbrute dies they gain the Zealot special rule(and loose the fearless one of course)

"Human Shields" If the Hellbrute is partially obscured by one or more of the formations Cultist models then it gains a +3 cover save However for each successful save made by this rule one model from the cultist unit(s) is removed from play with no saves allowed.Removing the nearest intervenening model of course.

Third formation is the "Helfist Murderpack"

5 Hellbrutes,one must be nomintated the Champion

Special rules;

-Murderpack  All the Hellbrutes count as a single vehicle squadron.

Pack Leader- The Champion has the Vehicle(Character) unit type and can take LoS rolls as long as here is other Hellbrutes within 6".Also as long as the Champion is alive any of the other Hellbrutes that have crazed markers on them do not roll on the crazed table instead a table result is chose by the controlling player and then applied to the entire unit.Also the Champion has the Aura of Dark Magesty special rule but the glossary doesn't list this aura instead listing a "Aura of Dark Glory" which gives the model a 5+ invuln save...so gonna need a faq on that one I guess.

Death of a Leader- If the champion dies then all remaining Hellbrutes gain Rage.

Looks like some fun ways to use an otherwise mediocre walker!

• Like 4

So, would it be allowable, in the OFCC, for me to not bother with a Primary Detachment, and just take an Army entirely consisting of Helbrute Formations? ;)

I don't actually have quite that many Helbrutes, but I'm pretty sure I do have enough to run all three of those Formations at once, and I reckon that after pumping up the Culties a bit and grabbing a few weapon upgrades for the Brutes, it'd come in around 1200 Points, leaving me plenty of room to take care of an HQ and 2 Troops, plus maybe a couple of MaulerFiends XD

So, would it be allowable, in the OFCC, for me to not bother with a Primary Detachment, and just take an Army entirely consisting of Helbrute Formations? ;)

I don't actually have quite that many Helbrutes, but I'm pretty sure I do have enough to run all three of those Formations at once, and I reckon that after pumping up the Culties a bit and grabbing a few weapon upgrades for the Brutes, it'd come in around 1200 Points, leaving me plenty of room to take care of an HQ and 2 Troops, plus maybe a couple of MaulerFiends XD

No clue on the OFCC, but pretty sure the primary FOC is required for other detachments (like dataslates).

Dayam. I love that. For clarity, as a formation, that means they are for apocalypse? I've not played with any "formations" because I associate them w apocalypse.

Lately, they've been allowing them in normal play. Idea is that you need the primary detachment, then you can attach this sort of formation. That said, has to be one listed as a formation for normal play, not apocalypse formations - people are picky on this this point.

Its not listed as such ..however he does have a special rule "Aura of Dark Glory"  which gives him a 5+ invuln save.

Sorry I missed that one :blush:

Its not listed as such ..however he does have a special rule "Aura of Dark Glory"  which gives him a 5+ invuln save.

Sorry I missed that one :blush:

Humm..looks like theres a typo on this.

In the Pack leader special rule listing is says that the champion has the "Aura of Dark Magesty" special rule then says to "(see the glossary) but in the glossary the only Aura that's listed is the "Aura of Dark Glory" which gives him the 5+ invuln...so yeah GW again /rolleyes

• Like 1

Dayam. I love that. For clarity, as a formation, that means they are for apocalypse? I've not played with any "formations" because I associate them w apocalypse.

There are now two kinds of Formation. Apocalypse and Regular. Most of the regular formations are pretty reasonable, but they've got a bad rap because the first one out of the gate (the Tau one) was one of the most brutal. Other than that, the UM Tyrannic War Veterans one, and the Tyranid Skyblight Formation, they range from "meh" to "pretty good", with most of the "pretty good" ones lifting up previously mediocre-bad Units (like the Helbrute) to "solid".

• Like 2

Ran a Helcult and a Murderpack in a game this afternoon. The Helcult is a real winner, two Squads of Culties who don't need a babysitter are totally worth the tax of taking a single Helbrute. They also teamed up to down a Crimson Hunter, with the Brute Stunning it and the Culties Running forward to swarm over the spot where a Stunned move was going to force it to end up :)

Murderpack was cool, but not über or anything. It was fun to be able to tag team with a Power Scourge to pull down the WraithKnight's WS and then multiple PowerFists there to take advantage of it. Not having to worry about the Crazed table was nice, too. I never actually got any advantages from it, because I wasn't facing anything worth double-shooting at and they never got a Charge off, but you can always just choose a 2, which has no downside. They picked up First Blood for me, too, which was cool.

Backed 'em up with a Lvl3 Sorcerer who did basically nothing worthwhile, 2 minimal Cultie Squads to fill out my Troops Requirements, and 3 MaulerFiends.

• Like 1