Spring '18 Necromunda Campaign

ninefinger

Intercepted Arbites Briefing to Palantine Enforcers- Code 0000346.024-D

+++++++++
Despite some small armed conflicts during surrounding the Feast of Ascension, House control around the settlement of Spyder’s Sump remains mixed.  A recent 4.03% uptick in registered arms sales, as well as information extracted after the latest round of raids in [redacted] suggest that a hostilities may well return to the streets, and a full blown turf war is anticipated in sections of the underhive.  Enforcers are recommended to reduce patrols and response times by 12% to any calls of less than amber priority, to avoid any unnecessary expenditures and losses.  

Message ends

Beginning May 1st, a turf war for control of Spyder’s Sump will resume at the Ordo Clubhouse.  Any and all fanatics with a vested interest in the Gang Wars of Necromunda are encouraged to participate for credits,education and personal edification.  Games do not need to be played at W.O.W., but rulebooks, gaming aids, and terrain resources will be available there, for your use.  

3 Cycles will be played, starting every two weeks, but any number of battles may be played.  A new custom missions will be available at W.O.W at the start of each cycle, with an emphasis on expanding our knowledge of the rules.  

After June 11th, reputation will be tallied and a series of Apotheoisis games will be scheduled to determine Ordo’s first Top Dog, which we will aim to have determined before the end of June for the zone of Spyder’s Sump.  

I, Ninefinger (jeffrey), will be serving as Arbitrator for this Gang War.  Please direct any questions, complaints, or narcissistic rambling towards me and I will answer, address and ignore as necessary.

The nitty gritty:

All available rules from GW will be used.  Underhive, Gangs of Legend, GW1, GW2, the FAQ, WD Genestealer Cults, WD Chaos Cults, and the House Escher weapon packs.  Deviations from rules as written may be allowed, with written permission from the Arbitrator (for instance, equipping starting gangers with common items from any of the Trading Posts.)   Items without a current cost may be priced at the Arbitrator’s discretion, with prior approval.  

I am planning to have a variety of gangs and hired guns available to borrow at W.O.W.

I will have a set or two of Gang Tactics cards available to borrow at W.O.W.

If you need any help in tracking down rules, please reach out to me, I have a variety of resources available.  Chief among these, there are flash drives with current pdfs available to borrow in the big room of the clubhouse.

There will be no cost, apart from GN fees to participate. 

I am hoping to have Ordo Branded Gang rosters,  Ganger Cards, Playsheets,and Tactics Cards available for sale.  Expressing your interest in these will encourage me to get in gear and produce them.

How to participate

Create a 1000 pt gang roster  (Yaktribe is highly recommended for both creation and tracking)

Select 11 of Gang Tactics Cards from any appropriate House Deck and/or any of the Gang Tactics Cards to serve as your tactics deck for the turf war.

Start a thread in the Necromunda Subforum, titled with SP '18 and the name of your gang,  which includes your starting gang roster and choice of tactics.

Schedule and play games with other members

Post the results of your games in the bi-weekly threads, as appropriate and post updated rosters in your gang's thread (and on Yaktribe)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hmmmm really have to ponder this.  I have always loved the look and feel of the game - but never played more than a couple games "back in the day"... have an old "spyer" gang somewhere. Maybe I should just pick up the boxset ... I will think on this.

-d

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 9:19 AM, zcaust83 said:

I have 2 gangs built on yaktribes, can i use both in the turf war? 

I don’t have any problems with it, although it seems like advancement can be a little slower than old school necromunda, so focusing on one may be more rewarding, if you’re hoping to see more advancement and change with your gang.  

@Torg I’ll ping @DisruptiveConduct and check if we’re any closer to getting to the last round of the 40k league, or even proceeding with the wrap up early.   Hopefully there’s not too much overlap, and you can still get some quick necromunda games in  

• Thanks 1

yeah - I am thinking that it should be easy to get a game in before or after 40k.  I've just about got 2 of my 40k league games scheduled for the next week... if I am lucky I can get the other ones in as well (I will have no work to go to next week )

d

• Like 1

• Weav unfeatured and unpinned this topic