Conversion assessment help?

Kelharis

12 hours ago, Kelharis said:

So I converted a Tau Firewarrior, see link to images.  Question is, would you object to this conversion representing a Cadre Fireblade? Thanks for input!

https://imgur.com/a/dEt3DUM

Not sure why that would be considered a conversion.

That is a WYSIWYG Cadre Fireblade or Strike Squad Shas'ui.

I do agree with @Lyraeus that you should make this model stick out more. If not a cape or any green stuff, perhaps stack two bases on top of each other to make him stand above the others.

11 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Not sure why that would be considered a conversion.

That is a WYSIWYG Cadre Fireblade or Strike Squad Shas'ui.

I do agree with @Lyraeus that you should make this model stick out more. If not a cape or any green stuff, perhaps stack two bases on top of each other to make him stand above the others.

Make a wall on his base or something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Can’t go wrong with a big, fancy hat! 

Although that might be my latent, lapsed Catholicism speaking. 

Yes!! A ridiculous hat ontop the fire warrior helmeted head. Do it! Super awesome.

The back banner would an easy one. Even without putty, the Hordes makes decent looking plastic back banners for their Skorne. I've seen better ones in metal for actual samurai models, and they'd be easy to make, but if looking for a plastic bit, the Skorne have them.

I have a massive Samurai army that I built as a “counts as” Empire army for WHFB 8th Edition, mostly Wargames Factory plastics, but a fair amount of other stuff in the mix too. I’ve got heaps of spare sashimono bits... Unfortunately, they’re all in a storage locker in Michigan, otherwise I’d be more than happy to give you some.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ish said:

I have a massive Samurai army that I built as a “counts as” Empire army for WHFB 8th Edition, mostly Wargames Factory plastics, but a fair amount of other stuff in the mix too. I’ve got heaps of spare sashimono bits... Unfortunately, they’re all in a storage locker in Michigan, otherwise I’d be more than happy to give you some.

So I gotta ask, why would you pay to store them so far away?

Because when I moved here from there I didn’t have enough room in my luggage to bring them or storage space in our initial tiny apartment. So most of the stuff in the storage locker there would just end up in one here... 

...I hope to go back this spring and/or summer and will probably bring a fair amount of gaming stuff back with me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kelharis said:

Got it. Consensus is to mount him on a 3 inch plinth with a Superman cape, Samurai banner and a Chaos Dwarf big hat. 😂 Thanks for the input guys.

I'll probably try and make a piece of cloth thingy for his back, or just treat him like a cool Shas'ui.

One of the TAU players was using Camonetting on their riptide, which I thought looked pretty good. I think I'll be doing something like that for my TAU, provided I stick with this faction (Dal'yth).