Tyranids are here!

pretre

More info from Jacked Up

1-8-14: The Tyranid Hive

Jackedup wrote:

Back again. Okay, some quick answers:

Zoanthrope Issue - A Zoanthrope brood follows all the rules for Brother hood pf Psykers except that the unit has a Mastery level of 2. In addition, if a brookd of Zoantrhopes uses the Warp Blast power, the number of shots fired is equal to the number of zoanthropes in that brood. (eg 3 Zoanthropes would make the burst and lance profiles assault 3)

Doom is gone, parasite is gone, mycetic spore is gone. Ymgarl stealers are gone, but the "ymgarl factor", of giving a special boost each assault round (+1 Str, +1 atk, Improve armour save by 1), can be purchased as a bio-artefact for 40 points.

Spore mines and shrikes are still around, and Red Terror is back. Gargoyles still have blinding venom, can buy toxin sacs and adrenal glands.

I don't see options to improve the Hive Tyrant's carapace to a 2+ save anymore, or any other HQ's for that matter. Looks like you'll need the Ymgarl Factor.

Tyrannofex rupture cannon is 30 points, 48' range, S 10, AP4, Assault 2

The tail morphs are:

Bone Mace, S 8, AP - , Unwieldy

Prehensile Pincer, S 6, AP 5

Thresher Scythe, S 4, AP 4, Rending

Toxinspike, S 1, AP 6, Poisoned 2+

A tail attack allows a single added attack, resolved separately from a model's other close combat attacks. It doesn't benefit from other melee weapons, biomorphs, etc.

Hive Tyrant stat line:

165 pts, WS 8, BS 4, S 6, T 6, W 4, I 5, A 4, Ld 10, Sv 3+ ( Interesting: You now have to pay 20 points for lash / whip, or it comes with two sets of ST)

FOC as follows:

HQ - Hive Tyrant, Swarmlord, ld One Eye, Tervigon, Tyranid Prime, Deathleaper

Troops - Warrior, Genestealers, Termagants, Hormagaunts, Ripper Swarm

Elites - Hive Guard, Lictor, Zoanthrope, Venomthrope, Haruspex, Pyrovore (Ha ha! Pyrovore "Elite"!)

Fast Attack - Shrikes, Raveners, Red Terror (as part of ONE Ravener brood), Sky Slasher, Gargoyle, Harpy, Hive Crone, Spore Mine Cluster (how mines are "fast" attack is beyond me)

Heavy Support - Carnifex, Biovore, Trygon and Prime, Mawlc, Exocrine, Tyrannofex

Powers of the Hive Mind:

1. Catalyst - 1 charge

Blessing that targets psyker's unit and up to one other friendly within 12'. Targets gain FNP.

2. The Horror - 1 charge

Malediction targeting single enemy unit within 24'. Target takes a pinning test at -2 Ld

3. Onslaught - 1 charge

Blessing that targets a single friendly unit within 24'. Unit can both run and shoot in the shooting phase.

4. Paroxysm - 1 charge

Malediction targeting single enemy unit within 24'. Target's WS and BS reduced by D3 (roll once for both)

5. Psychic Scream - 1 charge

Nova power, 6'. For each target unit, roll 2D6+ 2 and subtract Ld. Unit suffers wounds equal to result, no armour or cover saves.

6. Warp Blast - 2 charges

Witchfire power, either burst or lance. This is the standard Zoanthrope Warp Blast.

1. What can take regeneration?

Hive Tyrant, Tervigon, Prime, Broodlord, Haruspex, Harpy, Crone, Carnifex, Trygon and Prime, Mawloc (earlier I made a mistake and said they couldn't), Exocrine, and Tyrannofex.

Regen is a 30 point biomorph. Now you roll a single D6, and regen 1 wound on a 4+. Not one dice per wound lost.

2. Does anything have an invulnerable save, and if yes, what (other than Zoanthropes)?

Not that I see.

3. This one is wishful thinking on my part, but I assume there is no Codex special rule which allows certain units to run and assault (some of the earlier debunked rumours were mentioning things like this, and if it were true, it would IMHO solve all the other problems with this codex)?

Not that I see.

4. Do the rumoured upgrades for the tervigon exist? I'm talking about the ones which allow unlimited spawns or 4D6 spawns.

Not that I see.

5. What can take flesh hooks or whatever they're called (the things that act like frag grenades)?

Warriors and Prime.

6. You said the Haruspex was useful against infantry and that was about it, and then said it had a S6 tongue attack, which i'm a little confused about. As far as you can see, can it still use smash (being a monstrous creature) to get 2 S10 AP2 attacks against vehicles (or anything else), or more attacks if it is wounded?

Haruspex (160 pts)

WS 3, BS 3, S 6, T 6, W 5, I 3, A 3, Ld 7, Sv 3+

Feeder Beast - If a Haruspex inflicts at least one unsaved one in the assault phase, it recovers a single wound at the end of that phase.

Rapacious Hunger - In the turn in which it charges, every unsaved wound it inflicts in close combat allows it to make an additional attack. These bonus attacks cannot generate further attacks. Wounds that inflict instant death generate only one bonus attack, and wounds caused by HW, acid blood, or tail do not benefit from this rule.

The Haruspex has a Grasping tongue - 12', S6, AP 2, Assault 1, Gulp!

Gulp! A to hit roll of a 6 is a precision shot.

7. Although scything talons now suck apparently, does the trygon still reroll all misses in CC via some new special rule or whatever, or does he just get an extra attack for two sets of scything talons, and attack at AP6 (useless)?

He gets an extra attack. He is monstrous though, so it's always at AP2 right? I dunno, because the entry for ST says Str (user) and AP 6

8. Other than the points decrease, is the Tyrannofex the same, as in, is the Rupture cannon still S10 AP4 two shots?

Same. The cannon is 30 points (dunno what it used to be)

Biovore (40 pts)

WS 3, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 2, A 2, Ld 6, Sv 4+

Spore Mine Launcher 48', S 4, AP 4, Assault 1, Barrage, Last Blast, Spore Burst

Rules are a bit long winded, but seem about the same.

Pyrovore looks about the same as well. Template weapon, acid maw, explode when you kill them, etc.

Zoanthropes can take one other Psyker power as a brotherhood (they always have Warp Blast)...

Is the Death Leaper an Independent Character or just a solo-deploying HQ Lictor?

Infantry (Character), HQ, 130 points, Mind Eater Warlord Trait (2 vp for killing characters in challenge)
WS 9, BS 3, S 6, T 4, W 3, I 7, A 4, Ld 10, Sv 5+
Rending claws, ST, flesh hooks
Chameleonic skin, Deep Strike, Fear, Fleet, Hit & Run, Infiltrate, Instinctive Behaviur (Lurk), Move Through Cover, Phermone Trail, Stealth

It's After Me! (Lower a character's Ld by D3)

Where is It (Enemy models can only fire snap shots when targeting Deathleaper)

Raveners (30 pts per model)
WS 5, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 5, A 3, Ld 6, Sv 5+
Deep strike, Instinct (Feed), two pairs of ST. Any Ravener can exchange one pair of ST for Rending claws at 5 points per model.
Can take Spinefists (3 pts), Devourer (5 pts), Deathspitter (10 pts). One Ravener in the *army* may be upgraded to Red Terror for 85 points:

Red Terror
WS 6, BS 3, S 5, T 5, W 3, I 5, A 4, Ld 8, Sv 4+
Two pairs of ST, Prehensile Pincer (see that tail list I posted up there), Deep Strike, Swallow Whole (if it hits with 4 attacks, it auto kills a guy. The guys gets his invuln save and that's it)

Carnifex (120 points)
WS 3, BS 3, S 9, T 6, W 4, I 2, A 3, Ld 7, Sv 3+
Fearless, Instinct (Feed), Living Battering Ram (D3 Hammer of Wrath hits)
May replace ST with crushing claws (15 pts)
May take any bio-morph, spine banks (5 pts), or Bio Plasma (20 pts). May take Thresher scythe (10 pts) or Bone Mace (15 pts) tail morphs.

Instinctive Behaviour

(As before, Fail Ld and be out of synapse for this to happen)

Instinct (Lurk)

1 - 3: Survive. The unit is treated as having failed a morale test and immediately falls back

4 - 5: Seek Cover. In the movement phase the unit is not slowed by difficult terrain, but still must take Dangerous Terrain Tests. In the shooting phase, the unit can run, but can only shoot if it is in a building or area terrain. The unit cannot charge in assault.

6: Stalk. As 4-5, but gains stealth.

Instinct (Hunt)

1 - 3: Burrow and Hide. The unit immediately goes to ground. If there is a fearless model, use results from 4-5 instead.

4- 5: Prowl. In the shooting phase, the unit cannot Run and must shoot at the closest enemy unit within range and line of sight. If there is no viable target, do nothing. Cannot charge in assault.

6: Destroy. As Prowl above. Also gains preferred enemy.

Instinct (Feed)

1-3: Cannibalistic Hunger. Unit suffers hits equal to number of models in the unit. Use majority strength, AP -. Wounds allocated by owning players. Armour saves okay, but no cover saves. Unit can do nothing. If it is a single model, use devour (as if rolled 4 - 5).

4-5: Devour. Cannot shoot or run. In Assault, must charge closest enemy or do nothing.

6: Kill. As above, but gains rage.

Hive Tyrant, Swarmlord entries both say they generate their powers from Powers of the Hivemind. Broodlord always only knows The Horror.

Carnifex can buy their bio plasma and can buy bio cannons, sorry missed it out while typing. Carnifex can buy every damn thing from the looks of it

venomthrope still 45 points.
WS 3, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 3, A 2, Ld 6, Sv 5+.
Lash whips (+3 Init), confers shrouded on self and wihin 6'. Poisoned 2+, Instinct (Feed). Toxic Miasma: Usable once per game, in assault. During init step 1, all enemy units enaged in combat take hits = models in base to base. Hits are Str 3, Ap -. Poisoned and ignores cover.

Brainleech Devourer is 18', S6, AP-, Assault 6.

Note that Hive guard Impaler cannon is unchanged (still Str 8, no need line of sight, etc.) Hive guard are 55 pts with same stats.

Swarmlord (285 pts)
Ws 9, BS 4, S6, T 6, W 5, I 6, A 4, Ld 10, Sv 3+
MC, Character
Warlord Trait: Synaptic Lynchpin (18' synapse)
Psyker level 3, Shadow in the Warp, Synapse
Alien Cunning: Must add 1 to reserve rolls

Swarm Leader: At beginning of turn, choose either Swarmlord's Unit, are a friendly unit within 18'. Unit gains Furious Charge, Monster Hunter, or Preferred Enemy till end of turn.

Swarmlord generates powers from Pwers of the Hivemind.

TWO pairs of Bone Sabres: Str User, AP2, Blade Parry (4+ invuln against wounds caused by melee weapons), Instant Death

I would guess Fearless. That seems more likely for Nids than Stubborn.

I have to say, there's a part of me that does find it kind of amusing watching all the people over on The Tyranid Hive who've spent the last 4 months going on about how this was going to be the BEST CODEX EVAR coming to the realization that those of us urging more moderate expectations were actually right and/or frantically grasping at ever more slender straws.

If I'm reading this right, the dual scything talons might give you a bonus attacks as being two different CCWs...  Not 100% on that but that makes them more viable.  Would also explain the reduction in attacks for most units.  

If that's correct, then a fleeting carnifex is 135 pts for 5 base attacks at S9 with 4 T6 wounds and 3+ save.  It will also have furious charge so it should have 6 S10 attacks at I2.  

I'm trying to parse out the one weapon upgrade that I think is crushing claws, "garras trituradors".  I think it has armorbane, but I'm not sure.