Tyranids are here!

pretre

I just pray they address is ONE way or another.  Its not the rules I sometimes dislike.  Its the players who are "cloudy" on  what they "meant".  Yes because its so complcated to figure out right?

Please, clarity Gawds...shine on this as you shone so clearly on Warhammer 8th edition (the rules were drek but the clarity was awesome)

I just pray they address is ONE way or another.  Its not the rules I sometimes dislike.  Its the players who are "cloudy" on  what they "meant".  Yes because its so complcated to figure out right?

Please, clarity Gawds...shine on this as you shone so clearly on Warhammer 8th edition (the rules were drek but the clarity was awesome)

You really need to start using the quote button. Who are you responding to?

I would assume the post right above his.  Just my thought.

Hmm... Either way it would help if he used the quote function. Page breaks make a mess of things.

If the rumos of shadow in the warp giving a -3 to LD are true, I wonder if it stacks per source.

I guess it is possible, but unclear. Is he talking about clarity for stacking?

It seems pretty plausible to me. Puts an MC in every slot, and it's been rumoured for a while that Old One Eye was moving to HQ. DeathLeaper in there as well makes sense, too.

Bonesword and Hormagaunt profiles are visible in the Preview pages for the digital dex, along with a picture of The Red Terror, indicating it's actually going to be in the Dex: http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Tyranids.html

• Like 1

Read the WD Battle Report this morning. Very interesting as over this past year I've seen a real evolution of the reports such that they are much more about Forging Narratives than worrying about rules. Sure they use home-brew scenarios, but they also often ignore deployment rules and even having equal points. They are really walking the walk when they say the rules are for fun games, not super-competitive affairs.  

In this Report...

In this Report neither side had any Troops selections! It was all Riptides and Crisis Suits vs. every MC in the Tyranid list. Brutal affair as the Tau often had to concentrate massive firepower (like 5 units) at the same MC to kill it. A funny highlight was the Hive Crone Vector Striking Farsight and his bodyguard and killing everyone except for Farsight saving his last wound on a lucky roll. Several other funny moments, including a Riptide in melee vs. a Trygon (I think) for the whole game because the Riptide kept saving but couldn't hit at all. Silly Tau.  

The scenario had some interesting victory conditions, which I'm going to post about in a new thread. 

• Like 1

Read the WD Battle Report this morning. Very interesting as over this past year I've seen a real evolution of the reports such that they are much more about Forging Narratives than worrying about rules. Sure they use home-brew scenarios, but they also often ignore deployment rules and even having equal points. They are really walking the walk when they say the rules are for fun games, not super-competitive affairs.  

In this Report...

In this Report neither side had any Troops selections! It was all Riptides and Crisis Suits vs. every MC in the Tyranid list. Brutal affair as the Tau often had to concentrate massive firepower (like 5 units) at the same MC to kill it. A funny highlight was the Hive Crone Vector Striking Farsight and his bodyguard and killing everyone except for Farsight saving his last wound on a lucky roll. Several other funny moments, including a Riptide in melee vs. a Trygon (I think) for the whole game because the Riptide kept saving but couldn't hit at all. Silly Tau.  

The scenario had some interesting victory conditions, which I'm going to post about in a new thread

Farsight enclaves have crisis suit troops