Tyranids are here!

pretre

But... Toxin Sacs let you hurt the high toughness models.  If it is on gargoyles, since blinding venom is what they currently have, If you have 15 gargoyles charging, you would get 1.25 wounds thru with straight poison.  With this new blinding venom, if you use it, you would do .21 wounds.  Initial knee jerk reaction is that it's not worth it.

From the tyranidhive:

Warlord Traits:

1 - Nature's Bane - At the beginning of each movement phase, select one jungle within 12' of the warlord. It becomes carnivorous for the game.

2 - Heightened Senses - Warlord and Nids within 12' have Night Vision.

3- Synaptic Linchpin - Warlord has 18' synapse

4 - Mind Eater - 2 VP for independents slain by warlord in a challenge.

5 - Digestive Denial - After deployment, pick one piece of terrain on opponent's side that was NOT paid for. Cover save worsens by one. (4+ becomes 5+, etc.)

6 - Adaptive Biology - Warlord gains FNP (5+) on next movement phase after it suffers a wound. (For rest of game)

Blinding Venom: If you don't shell out for Toxin Sacs, it's actually decent on Gargs after the Charge or when making a Disordered Charge, because "all their attacks" is just one S3 Attack anyhow, and Poison at any value will give you Re-rolls to Wound against T3. It's a nerf, no two ways about it, but I don't think that one is quite as bad as most people are thinking.

Adrenal Glands: There seems to be a unified Biomorph List that things are buying from. I hope not, because if that's true, it would mean that Units with and without Fleet would pay the same for Adrenal Glands. That said, I'm looking forward to running a trio of Fleet Fexen :D

There are a couple of threads going on over at the Tyranid Hive with a ton of information, more than I'm up for copying over. Especially since lots of it is just confirmation that much is still basically the same.

I'm also really underwhelmed by the Psychic Power List. Lots of powers that could be useful if you could plan for them, but as a random table, it's kind of lame. Only Catalyst and Warp Lance really seem generically useful, the rest feel easy to get on a Unit that can't take good advantage of them.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

1 on warlord is just bad writing. As most people play with forests not jungles. I can just see th arguments now over semantics.

Rule book implies forest, jungle and woods are all the same but I can imagine some negative experiences because jungle was picked.

1 on warlord is just bad writing. As most people play with forests not jungles. I can just see th arguments now over semantics.

Rule book implies forest, jungle and woods are all the same but I can imagine some negative experiences because jungle was picked.

yeah, I'm curious how TO's will handle that, re-roll until you get something applicable?

I may be a Negative Nancy, but the Codex-in-Hand "rumors" don't sound promising. Some of the stuff that had me excited about running a Tyranid list (mass Biomancy, drop-spores, the Doom) seem to be missing. I really hope those Tervigons have access to Biomancy. Still, I'll pick up my copy on Friday.

I may be a Negative Nancy, but the Codex-in-Hand "rumors" don't sound promising. Some of the stuff that had me excited about running a Tyranid list (mass Biomancy, drop-spores, the Doom) seem to be missing. I really hope those Tervigons have access to Biomancy. Still, I'll pick up my copy on Friday.

I hope they don't get biomancy. I hate that present day MC lists are all just about the same mass MC+biomancy format. It's boring to face.

-Pax

I agree that the mass biomancy is dull, but that power list is pretty blah.  

Agreed. I hope the bugs have a larger selection of powers if only they are the biggest single Psychic presence in the galaxy. The power I'm gonna really miss is Telepathy - though not having biomancy on Tyrants or Broodlord's kinda blows. 

The bigger issues I have with what I'm seeing is the laziness. There were so many opportunities to make very small tweaks (minor point reduction on Stealers, adding Torrent to Pyrovores, making Warriors a tiny bit better, tweaking stuff beyond points costs) and they seemed to miss everything beyond points reductions. Add to that the fact they're taking away more from the bugs without adding anything to compensate (still no Allies, only one power list, perhaps no fortifications) and it is a bit depressing - esp considering they didn't really need to be nerfed further.

What I mean is that biomancy spam was the only viable build for Nids in 6th.  It was tedious.  

I find it ironic that you, of all people, would refer to "only viable build" for any army ever, fluger :) I've run Nids successfully since the dreaded 5th ed codex came out and never focused on biomancy (namely cause I could roll a 2 and get Iron Arm to save my life). While yes, I used Tervigons and Trygons as the core of the build, I've never run an FMC in 6th and preferred instead the tanked-up 2+ regenerating double-dev Tyrant when I used one at all. Sad thing is my bug list was built around deep striking with spores, Ravs, Trygons, and backed up by a comms array - and now it sounds like nearly all of that has gone the way of the dodo :(

• Like 1

Save us the click?

via DaBoarder

Psychic Powers:

NO BRB ACCESS!

Dominion, primaris: blessing, targets psyker, +6" synapse, ML1

Catalyst: Blessing, FNP on caster and unit within 12" ML1

The Horror: Malediction, -2Ld Pinning test on unit within 24" ML1

Onslaught: Blessing, target may run and shoot, 24" ML1

Paroxysm: Maledition, -D3 WS, BS, 24" ML1

Psychic Scream: Nova 6" 2d6+2-Ld wounds, ignore armour, cover ML1

Warp Blast: witchfire
24" S5 Ap3 Blast
18" S10 Ap2 Lance
ML2

RELICS:

Claws: S user, AP5 rending, if bearer kills model in CC gains Preferred enemy (that codex) for the rest of the game

Crown: +6 Synapse range

Cannon:
Two Profiles
36" S1 Ap4 Assault 1, Blast, Poison 2+
Template S1 Ap4 Assault 1 Poison 2+

Ymgarl:
Mechanic same as last codex with
+1S or +1A or +1Sv

Sword
S +1 Ap3 Shred, 6's to wound cause ID, +3 initiative

Biomorphs:
Acid Blood, Enemy unit takes I test for each wound caused by it in CC, if failed take a S(3?) Ap2 hit, ignores cover

Acid Maw: Replace all attacks for single attack with
S5 Ap2 Melee

Blinding venom: Replace all attacks for single attack with
S3 Ap- Poison 6+, Blind

Regeneration: Roll a dice at end of turn if one or more wounds missing, 4+ regain a single wound.

Toxic Miasma: During assault phase, once a game at I1, Enemy units in assault with the tyranid takes a S3 Ap- Poison, ignore cover hit, the number of hits is equal to the number of enemy models in B2B

Flesh Hooks: Assault grenades:
6" S user Ap- assault 2

Spine banks:Assault grenades
8" S3 ap- assault1 blast

Toxin sacs: Poison

Wings: Turns MC's into FMC

Tails: single bonus attack, does not benefit from special rules, biomorphs or any other gear
Bone: S8 Ap- Unwieldly
Pincer: S6 Ap5
Tresher: S4 Ap4
Toxin: S1 Ap6 Poison 2+

Miscellaneous

Shadow and synapse are two separate rules

Shrikes:IN
Sky-slashers: IN
Ymgarls: OUT

Fleshhooks on warriors and shrikes

Scytals: NO ADDITIONAL BONUS, S user Ap6 is all she wrote folks.

Haruspex: Regular MC pace

Trygon tunnel: No way to dedicate units to the tunnel

Toxin Sacs :10 pts

Ad glands: 15 pts

Regeneration: 30 pts

Acid Blood: 10 pts (haruspex may not take this)

Parasite is GONE

Deathleaper is in, and enemies always snapfire against him!

Lictors now fight as a unit

Haruspex: ELITE

Exocrine: HEAVY SUPPORT

Pyrovores: Explode if killed via instant death ~Now that's funny!

Swarmlord:
WS:9 BS:4 S:6 T:6 W:5 I:6 A:4 Ld:10 Sv:3+
Mastery Level 3, Synapse, Shadow in the Warp, Synaptic Lynchpin, Monstrous Creature, Alien Cunning, Swarmleader

Zoanthropes have Brotherhood of Psykers, Come with Warp Blast, are Mastery Level2, shoot Warp Blast a number of times equal to the number of Zoanthropes in the brood.
Warlord Traits:

1 - Nature's Bane - At the beginning of each movement phase, select one jungle within 12' of the warlord. It becomes carnivorous for the game.

2 - Heightened Senses - Warlord and Nids within 12' have Night Vision.

3- Synaptic Linchpin - Warlord has 18' synapse

4 - Mind Eater - 2 VP for independents slain by warlord in a challenge.

5 - Digestive Denial - After deployment, pick one piece of terrain on opponent's side that was NOT paid for. Cover save worsens by one. (4+ becomes 5+, etc.)

6 - Adaptive Biology - Warlord gains FNP (5+) on next movement phase after it suffers a wound. (For rest of game)

Lots of "background text boxes" across the codex describe Forgeworld bug models not in the codex.

More confirmed rules as they come in, have at it.