Tyranids are here!

pretre

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Carnifex are way cheaper :-).

Brood is 435 in white dwarf. Not quite 4th, but middle. Guessing 130-140. Not sure if worth it yet but nice to see it drop.

• Like 2

After looking at the new Old One Eye, I am kind of sad that they didn't just re-use his existing model.  I feel that anyone that wants to play him should feel the pain and agony of putting together that model.  The tyrant guard models seemed to haven taken alot of fire from the Tau and managed their saves, so I wonder if they have a better save now... but that is probably wish listing.

• Like 1

GW seems to have real issues trying to balance out horde units.  I hold little hope with this dex that loads of gribblies will be good.  As well, the changes to 6th edition put a lot of power in the hands of MCs, so I don't doubt that they will be the creme de la creme of units in the dex...again.  

Oh well.  

I'm holding out on buying any units until I read through the codex, my sincere hope is that the Haruspex is good since I just love that big slobbery beast, but my money is on the Exocrine actually being a better choice. The Crone (awful name) sounds like a total no brainer, but $80.... ouch. All in all in excited I just hope they make genestealers viable again. Have you guys seen the leaked data slate? 3+ stealer broods w 1 broodlord, 3+ Lichtors and they *all* come in via Lichtors chameleonic ambush... sweeeet

it's complex, mainly, the gripe, and assumption I believe, is that some of the cost of the those price reductions is a reduction in the # of attacks the unit gets.  According to rumor, you can get the attack back with 2 CC weapons, BUT the rumor is also that scything talons no longer give re-rolls to hit of any kind.  That's what I've been able to glean.

People are panicking over insufficient information. Remember before the last codex when people were saying Tyranids were going to destroy everything they touched with no problem? Or before Eldar when everyone said they sucked?

Yeah, about that... Sometimes it pays to wait for the codex.

via anonymous over on 4chan
Bio Artefacts of the Tyranids
1.The Maw-Claws of Thyrax- S: user AP5 Melee, Assimilate (can give preferred enemy), rending
2.The Norn Crown- Increases synapse 6"
3.The Miasma Cannon
Spit: Rang 36" S1 AP4 Assault 1, blast, poisoned 2+
Spray: Template S1 AP4 Assault 1, poisoned 2+
4.The Ymgarl Factor- Can choose a new ability every assault phase, Slashing Claw, Tentacled Limbs, Protective Carapace
5. The Reaper of Obliterax- S+1 AP3 Melee, Life Drain (rolls of 6 have instant death), Shred, Swiftstrike (+3 init)

Powers of the Hive Mind
Primaris: Dominion-6" additional synapse
1. Catalyst : FNP
2. The Horror: pinning test
3. Onslaught: Unit can run and shoot
4. Paroxysm: Targets WS and BS lowered
5. Psychic Scream: Nova power; 2d6+2 vs ldrship or take difference in wounds
6. Warp Blast: Burst 24" S5 AP3 blast, Lance 18" S10 AP2 lance

Biomorphs
Acid Blood- Initiative check or take damage
Acid Maw-sacrifice attacks for a single S5 Ap2 attack
Adrenal Glands-fleet, furious charge