What I've been up to lately

Hey All:  

As an exercise to find out if I could still paint figures, I painted this really cool figure from Raging Heroes for a lil' online contest.  If you are not familiar with Raging Heroes, check them out...they are lil' French company that uses a lot of digital design in their process along with 3d printing for their masters.  They have a new line of amazing 40k type figures, all of whom are badass girls.  They also have a fantasy range that works well with Empire, Dark Elves, & Chaos.

82981a61-8479-4f8c-99ef-6f7fe31d7884_zps

25925094-333f-40ab-879b-154900965080_zps

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So, what's the ETA on a 2k army of these? ;)

They look very good, but you must be spending at least 80 hours on each one. It's a daunting level of awesome from another painter's perspective. Good job.

-Pax

So, what's the ETA on a 2k army of these? ;)

They look very good, but you must be spending at least 80 hours on each one. It's a daunting level of awesome from another painter's perspective. Good job.

-Pax

Thanks! I have two 2,500 point Empire armies, and about 5,000 or so points in Dark Elves plus an Orc army painted to a similar standard. I'm probably done painting whole armies from here forward (until I figure out how to not have a real job) as it is a daunting project and I'm old and broken down. I'll likely stick to a nice relaxed schedule of painting a new unit or character when I feel like it at the speed that I feel like going.

@Swan o' War: Dark Elves for the OFCC are first up for me, but I plan to paint the other Konigsmark girls (a set for me and another as a gift for a friend) so you'll likely see those in different color schemes as well as a mounted BSB sister. Also, my big inner circle White Wolf Knight unit is sorely in need of replacement as the old metal horses they are on are too small and GW's new steeds are very cool. That project will be significant in scope but has excellent possibilities.

• 4 weeks later...