Adeptus Mechanicus Allies

Aventine

Made this detachment of Mechanicum to go with my Heresy White Scars. I am counting them as Tau allies for 40K rule purposes.

Magos/ Commander

IMG_8260_zpsc0c217fe.jpg

IMG_8261_zps9283acbd.jpg

IMG_8264_zps18384a03.jpg

Forge Menials/ Kroot

IMG_8249_zps1975ee0c.jpg

IMG_8252_zps14b30ea1.jpg

Thallax/ Broadsides

IMG_8266_zps8d96edda.jpg

IMG_8265_zps2bf1ec6a.jpg

I am tentatively planning on converting up a Forgeknight/ Knight Titan/ Riptide out of a Dreadknight next...

• Like 4

Brilliant! Really great job on the dags. Did you use That new Citadel technical paint for the verdigris?

Thanks! I did use the new Oxide on the verdigris and it works really great. Not something you could not achieve with traditional paints, but nice to have it mixed up to the perfect shade and consistency...

Using the spotlight was a great idea for the head. For the arms, I'd consider lowering them, which'll re-enforce the overall "droopy" mech look the head and stance is indicating. 

Yeah I have plans for the arms, They are going to a lot more mechanical, and not much like the dreadknights at all (if you are familiar with the kit, the main bitz I am using for the arms are the external pistons from the original arms)