X-Wing: pew pew, kerblammers

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Wave 4 ship are you most excited about?

• E-Wing
    • Z-95 Headhunter
    • TIE Defender
    • TIE Phantom

no good green manuevers.  the best manuever with a b-wing is the 2 turn.  couple that with advanced sensors and it can almost just do a 90 turn on the spot, or move quite a buit away from your starting point.  but if you use PTL with that, than advanced sensors are useless.  Plus you want to avoide stress on Bwings as the AS cannot be used on the turn after you are stressed unlike ties with PTL as they stress to get action bonus's then do green to clear and stress again on the same turn.  Much more useful then on bwigns who can only do it every other turn.

Really liking Firesprays with the heavy laser cannon. Kacy inspired me to make a list with one though I used Krassis instead. 4 attack dice all the time and the ability to fire from the rear allowed me to make short work of Lando. I love how there isn't one uber list that crushes all others. That said a friend of mine came up with a pretty uber list.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

"Backstabber" (16)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

The idea is to just sit on your board edge with the Lambdas and permanently select their sit and hover movement option and then proceed to throw out 4 attack dice a turn while the enemy has to chew through 15 shields and 15 hull points. Backstabber can go out and chase stuff once they get close.

I know the cannon can't fire out the rear its just that when someone is behind me they are usually at range 1 so I still get 4 dice.

In regards to the list its nearly impossible for people to get to the sides. If they do you just make a slight turn and you have them again. If you deploy wisely you should pretty much be covered with 2 ships all the time. Not to mention Backstabber can harass people attempting to get at my sides. Its not unbeatable but it is tough to overcome. That many shots and that many shields and hp is crazy.

Honestly,  Lambda's only hard turn is a 2 red.  I dont think this list would be very good.  as soon as I see this list, I would deploy on both extreme wings.  Then full forward and I am at range 1 on turn 3 with you only getting 1 shot with each ship.  at that point a lambda dies each turn as you concentrate fire.  HLC is not that good for its cost.  7 pts is horrible.  Half the cost of a full ship. I would much prefer having more ships.  Hey dont get me wrong, I like my lambda, but it doesnt have the manueverbilty to use that firepower and with only 1 AG, it is dead in a turn or two max.

give it a try, but against a competent list, i think they will fail badly.  

I honestly don't see that as the case. You can easily pile up in a corner and say bring it with nobody able to do really anything about it. You can focus fire but so can they. I do not agree that the HLC is a bad buy as it is a consistent 4 dice each turn. Again I am not saying that this list is unbeatable but I definitely don't think that it is as easily picked apart as you are implying. Lambdas are not very maneuverable but the point of this list is to never have to move after like turn 1 with overlapping fire lanes of 4 dice each and a lot of HP to chew through.

When you say permanently select their sit and hover maneuver... you know that one is red right? At the least they'd have to do 1 maneuvers in between hovers, which for a large base ship actually pushes them forward a decent amount. I think you'd have a good alpha strike with that list, but I agree that you'd be in trouble once people start being able to get behind you. I don't think it's horrible though and would probably win its share of games, but I wouldn't call it overpowered or unkillable by any means.

Well its not quite "permanent" but you only have to inch out of your little corner the tiniest little bit over the course of the game. I also think that getting behind them won't be that terribly easy and if you do it will be for one turn then you have to go in front again or at least just slam into the back of them and be unable to shoot.

At any rate I don't intend to buy 2 more Lambdas as I like fast lists. It was just an idea that a friend came up with that seems pretty mean. If there was some sort of scenario it would probably get owned but in a straight up dog fight it seems pretty vicious.

If they stay stationary/inch forward slowly there wouldn't really be any space to exploit behind them, plus in order to get behind them you'll need to pass through their vicious fire arc. That's the main benefit for keeping them pinned back in their own deployment zone with good long range firepower, it helps negate their poor maneuverability

1 1 forward for that ship (or any big ship) puts them at a minimum of 5 from the edge and that assumes, the tie player goes full 5 in his first two moves....if he does some slow hard 1 turns for a few turns, then the big ship is in trouble having to take hard turns (red) to match....more than enough room, and I only need to go through 1 of their arcs if we do it right.  

I encourage you to play it.  A competent player will go through it like the proverbial $%@T through a goose :)

Nice! Did you pick up a Falcon? After seeing it in action in our game I ran a rebel list with:

[52] Han Solo Millenium Falcon

-expert handling

-millenium falcon

-hull upgrade

[25] Blue Squadron B-Wing

-advanced sensors

[23] Gold Squadron Y-Wing

-ion cannon turret

Against Joey's Imperials and holy [big bad swear word] the Falcon with Expert Handling (barrel rolls) is crazy and sticking it on Han and his PS 9 is pretty much awesome as are Advanced Sensors B-Wings. The Y-Wing didn't end up doing much but soaking up a lot of fire and dying, but it did soak up a pretty huge amount of fire so I'm not complaining yet. Both games tonight taught me the lesson that the sure-fire way to kill Soontir Fel is to get him to run into things.

Yeah, I snagged a Falcon, HWK, A, B, and one more X-wing.

Anyone want to sell me a couple of spare dice?  I think I need two of each.

Actually, is there any point where you'd need to throw five dice at a time?

hey, Brad - any chance you want to get rid of any of those X-wing pilot cards and base markers you now have duplicates of? can't have two Wedge Antilles flying around, can you?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.