X-Wing: pew pew, kerblammers

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Wave 4 ship are you most excited about?

• E-Wing
    • Z-95 Headhunter
    • TIE Defender
    • TIE Phantom

Aw [big bad swear word], FFG just revealed the next wave of ships:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4645

My thoughts:

TIE Defenders: These look super beefy, but are pretty expensive too. Still, I could see having one or two around being pretty badass. Also looking forward to seeing what sort of "never before seen" maneuvers they have.

TIE Phantoms: 4 Attack! This looks pretty sweet, but I think how good they are will depend on how the cloak ability ends up working.

E-Wing: Looks pretty solid all around. Pretty much a TIE Interceptor with 2 shields 2 hull and a lot more upgrade options so I'm in.

Z-95 Headhunter: 12 points for the cheapest guy makes Rebel swarm lists a possibility. Looking forward to seeing how they stack up!

Looking forward to seeing what kind of pilot abiltiies some of these guys have.

Hey, just realized they have the headhunter and the E-Wing reversed on the pictures on that link.

Also, l forgot to mention that while I'm impressed with the rules for the E-Wing, I've always hated the ship. The X-Wing looks like a bird of prey on an attack dive. The E-Wing looks like an X-Wing set to "park." The Rebel designers really got lazy after the Empire fractured. In practical terms, it's a really bad design too. Putting the engine and the gun at the tip of the wing means that if you get hit anywhere along the wing you lose both. There isn't a single spot on that entire ship that isn't vital. I know it's a silly complaint considering TIE fighters "exist" (why would you put cross-hairs on the side of your ship?!)

Anyway, I remember being a kid and taking one look at that thing in one of my comic books and I instantly hated it. Now that more than one person is aware of it's "existence", I can't help but let loose a rant that's been simmering for a decade and a half.

I've been feeling like my Bounty Hunter, Soontir, 2x Academy TIE list is having issues dealing with Falcons and I'm trying to come up with some alternative strategies. The way I see it, the Falcon is the perfect counter to the Imperial strategy of fly around and be really mobile to avoid target arcs as it is impossible to get away from the thing. The two options I've come up with are:

#1 - TIE Swarm: I don't know that I'd have a lot of fun running a pure TIE swarm, especially in tournaments where I'd likely butt up against other TIE Swarms and things would get kind of crazy. I was however looking at this list with Soontir, Howlrunner, and 4x Academy TIEs

#2 - TIE Bombers: I haven't actually run TIE Bombers yet, partially because I shy away from one-use items, but I've been thinking about giving them a shot. I can't decide if it would be better to run Jonus and Rhymer decked out with 2 racks of missiles/torps or some of the cheaper guys with some Academy support, but I'm looking at either a 3-ship list with Soontir, Jonus, and Rhymer or a 5-ship list with some Fighters... or sucking it up and dropping Soontir to try out a Lambda too (and finding reasons to buy 3 more ships)

Oh, and option 3 of just giving in to the light side and playing Rebels :P

your list can do it if you kill the falcon first.  1-2 rounds of shooting from all of them should do it.

I would also suggest you try a different version of that list using the same models.  I have been having really good luck with

BH - APL, siesmic charge

Turr Phennier - PTL, stealth

Backstabber

Dark curse

100 points on the nose.  The higher skill Tie's help your shoot first and the APL is great on the big BH base.

What up all.  In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet.  I'm down for games almost any day of the week. I don't work mondays and get off around 1-3 the other weekdays.  Super down to fly whatever size list I normally run rebels.  Hit me up.  I'll see you all saturday!  I'll be bringing my AT-AT custom scenario so be ready for some nastagia!

What up all.  In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet.  I'm down for games almost any day of the week. I don't work mondays and get off around 1-3 the other weekdays.  Super down to fly whatever size list I normally run rebels.  Hit me up.  I'll see you all saturday!  I'll be bringing my AT-AT custom scenario so be ready for some nastagia!

It's looking like I might be free for some X-Winging tomorrow evening if you'd be down. Thinking of trying out some new lists...

Is anyone looking for more ships? I have two tie fighters and two x-wings in their package. After a few more games I am not sure this is the game for me right now. I am going to keep my large collection that is out of the package for now. I do have a slave I I could part with too. Pm me if interested. 

Hey, I need all of the ships mentioned, how much do you want for the lot?  and or just the 2 xwings?  Maybe even just one. lol

secondly I would be down for a match around 4-5 latest so i could be done round 630-7  

• Like 1

The game day was a big success! We had about 10 or 11 people down there throughout the day with games going on from noon until around 8ish. We had some new faces and some old ones that we haven't seen in a while and everyone had a good time (except for Joey when he had to play against Falcons).

I'm thinking I might try to make this a monthly thing, possibly looking at the last Saturday in March. The big question at this point is do people want more free form game days like this or do we want to do an actual tournament?

• Like 1

Yeah it was a great time despite my crushing defeat to Han. I like Corey's model of casual event and then tournament. That should work for now at least. I would be interested in a tournament now that I have an ass load of TIEs so I can actually kill a falcon. I love this game quite a bit. The only problem I have with it at the moment is the falcon with Han in particular being the worst offender. That model just neuters the one advantage that the imperials have on the rebels which is maneuverability. It seems like there are only 2 lists for imperials that can reliably take down the falcon, Jonus bomber wings and fighter swarms. While swarms are actually a lot more fun than I first thought they would be I just don't like the idea of being pigeonholed into needing to use a swarm in a tournament just in case I come across a falcon. If anyone has any thoughts on how to prepare oneself for a falcon without using a bomber wing of swarm then I would love to hear it. The falcon is definitely a frustrating but interesting puzzle to solve.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.