This is Not a Test

Wiccus

I drew the Can We Keep It reward and passed the test (Scipio can verify).  I've selected Wild Mutants for my 3 Nuisance creatures.  I need three d6 rolls to determine their hidden mutations.

My wild mutants are going to be seemingly normal looking (albeit creepy), feral human children who are in fact mutants who are extraordinarily strong (S5 + natural weapons), and possess secret mutations.  My Shaman is a mutant himself, so he has taken pity on these poor creatures and adopted them.

oObLHp.png

55 minutes ago, Koyote said:

I drew the Can We Keep It reward and passed the test (Scipio can verify).  I've selected Wild Mutants for my 3 Nuisance creatures.  I need three d6 rolls to determine their hidden mutations.

My wild mutants are going to be seemingly normal looking (albeit creepy), feral human children who are in fact mutants who are extraordinarily strong (S5 + natural weapons), and possess secret mutations.  My Shaman is a mutant himself, so he has taken pity on these poor creatures and adopted them.

oObLHp.png

5 and double 2

Rules I believe we got wrong:

Under opposed test - melee, page 25:

"If the result is a tie, the models stay locked in base contact, but no hit is scored."

So tied results do not mean a success for either player, unless you have the Opportunist skill.

Also, if you have Power Armor equipped, don't forget that you have an extra d6 for your defense rolls.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:13 PM, Scipiano said:

Rules I believe we got wrong:

Under opposed test - melee, page 25:

"If the result is a tie, the models stay locked in base contact, but no hit is scored."

So tied results do not mean a success for either player, unless you have the Opportunist skill.

Also, if you have Power Armor equipped, don't forget that you have an extra d6 for your defense rolls.

I realized after our game that Crazy Jack, my Tribal Scout, has two wounds, so he wasn't taken out-of-action by your accursed Road Marshal (who still gets the xps though for wounding him).  Since he wasn't taken out-of-action, Crazy Jack did not suffer the Reckless injury (no frenzy for me). 

After he got zapped by your Road Marshal's plasma gun, Crazy Jack must have decided that he needed to lie down and take a mid-battle snooze. 5C6Yzh.gif

I sent Joey McGuire, the author of TNT, an email, asking him for rules clarifications.  Some of them seem obvious, but because there is no mention of them in the rule book, I wanted confirmation.  Below is his reply. 

Glad you are enjoying the game.  Let me see if I can sort you out.  One caveat for you though.  These are my answers, but though I wrote the rules, I don't know your local scene.  It's always best to agree with your fellow players to interpret the rules that works best for your group.  That being said:

Is it correct to assume that distance between models are measured from base to base?

Measuring is base to base, as this is the easiest method.

Is it correct to assume that a model’s base is used to determine whether it is either partially or fully covered by a template?

Yes, you use the models base to determine if its full under a template.  One note here that this assumes you are using 25mm sized bases for normal size models.  You may need to be a little more forgiving if your models are based on larger Warmachine style ones.

May models move through friendly models?

You may move freely through friendly models.

If a model is within range of multiple models with vampiric drain, is its defense reduced by one for each vampiric drain aura?

Vampiric drain is cumulative with other models that have it. 

Are models with the vampiric drain mutation themselves immune to the effects of vampiric drain (both from their own aura and those created by others), in the same way models with the radioactive mutation are immune to radiation?

A model with vampiric drain is immune to its own aura, but not from the auras of other models that have it.  It's only fair.  Note I may change my mind on this in the future, but this is my first though on this one.

If creatures join a warband via the 'Can We Keep It' wasteland deck card, what is the creatures rank?  What categories of skills are available to these models?

A Can We Keep It creature would count as a rank and file.  Generally, the skillset would depend on the creature, but for most it would be Melee, Survival, then either Agility or Strength (your choice).

If a model fails a morale check prior to activating, when the model activates does it get its normal AP?

Falling back does not affect the future model's activation in anyway.

If a model fails a morale check prior to activating, when the model activates does it count as if it has moved that turn, thus preventing it from using Move or Fire weapons?

To keep things simple, if a model falls back, this does not count as movement for the purposes of firing any weapons or other abilities.

Can a model ever rid itself of the Rag-Tag rule (e.g. via promotion)?

No, a model cannot remove Rag-Tag.  For now anyway.  The next book, which will be out within the next two months, will change that formally.

The potential S6 hit from the electric shock mutation is resolved before any actions are performed by either model.  Does the same rule hold true for the Spikes mutation?

Spikes acts differently than electric shock.  The latter involves the model already being attacked when it occurs, so you would resolve the test for spikes after the attack; both models may well end up dying.

Since ranged modifiers apply to psychic ranged attacks, can a psychic receive bonuses by concentrating and using Marksmanship skills?

The use of ranged skills and concentration being applied to psychic attacks is a bit touchy since psychic attacks are pretty powerful, especially for model's with a high Mettle.  In our local group, we say no.

If a psychic can target a model it cannot see, for the purpose of making a psychic ranged attack, how is cover determined for a target who is behind a linear obstacle?  In other words, what direction does the attack come from?

A model using a psychic attack does not need actual line of sight to attack, but you would still draw a line between the attacker and target to see how to apply cover. I would use the type of cover that is blocking line of sight to determine what actual cover the targeted model gets.

When a model that was taken out of action is revived by use of the medic rule, does the revived model return to play prone?  Also, does the revived model receive its normal AP for that turn?

A model brought back by a medic is indeed brought back prone.  They may also activate normally the turn the come back.

In the Cold Vengeance scenario, if a Peacekeeper player elects to detonate a Sacrificial Lamb, does that detonation count as firing a shot?

For Cold Vengeance, I would count setting off a Sacrificial Lamb as firing a shot.

Cool. Some good clarification on a few things. How are people enjoying the system so far now that it's midway through the campaign? I think it has a lot of potential. Leveling seems fun and balanced, the post game is cool and flavorful and the game play is solid and easy to grasp. I do like the turnover mechanic quite a bit. Infinity has spoiled me and now I crave constant engagement.

3 hours ago, Wiccus said:

Cool. Some good clarification on a few things. How are people enjoying the system so far now that it's midway through the campaign? I think it has a lot of potential. Leveling seems fun and balanced, the post game is cool and flavorful and the game play is solid and easy to grasp. I do like the turnover mechanic quite a bit. Infinity has spoiled me and now I crave constant engagement.

The turnover mechanic is fun, although I tend to get ahead of myself and I keep trying to roll to-wound with ranged hits prior to failing an activation test. Doh!

I've also been forgetting to compare my Warband Cost to my opponent's for the purpose of buying Advantages.  Doh! Doh!

If anyone would like to get a game in this Sunday or Monday, let me know.  My Tribals need a make-up game and my Mutants (which I'm running as a ringer warband), need 3 games.

SGcqk9.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.