BA, DA and Daemons Next

pretre

News on codexes, heroes and more from Blood & Glory

BGSeminarNov3-Banner.jpg

Just in from Blood & Glory, we’ve got some exciting announcements; from the next 3(!) codexes, to a new hero for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, to Shadespire’s latest warband, to a way you can celebrate your favourite hobbyists.

Firstly, we did tell you you’d be getting 10 codexes this year, and we can confirm that the next two will be… (dramatic fanfare please):

Codex: Blood Angels and Codex: Dark Angels!

BGSeminarNov3-AngelsofDeath1krt-500x445.

Both of these Chapters are firm fan favourites in the Warhammer 40,000 community, and their new codexes are packed with all sorts of awesome content designed to bring them up to speed with their brethren who adhere more closely to the Codex Astartes. You’ll find Stratagems, Warlord Traits and updated lore, as well rules for including the arsenal of the Primaris Marines in your Blood Angels and Dark Angels armies.

Not to worry, servants of Chaos; 2018 will be kicking off with a new codex for Chaos Daemons, all the better to slay the servants of the Corpse-Emperor (or just anyone who gets in your way) with.

BGSeminarNov3-CodexDaemons2mdw-500x445.j

Meanwhile, in the Mortal Realms, something dark is gathering, and the age of hope is drawing to a close. Just look at the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar logo:

Is a dark new age dawning? Did someone just go a bit mad with the Agrax Earthshade? We reckon this new Chaos hero might have something to do with it:

BGSeminarNov3-Warqueen4kfwc-500x500.jpg
Darkoath Warqueen

If you remember the Darkoath Chieftain from Warhammer Quest Silver Tower, this warrior woman is his boss – although unlike standard bosses, she’s more likely to deal with sub-par performance by ripping someone’s throat out with her teeth instead of giving them a 5 point list of actions to improve on (unless those actions are “tear the hearts from your enemies” and “despoil the realms in the name of the dark gods” and so on).

Meanwhile, in the cursed city of Shadespire, some of Chaos’ more cunning servants rise from the depths:

Spiteclaw’s Swarm sees the skaven scurry, scheme and shiv their way into the ultimate competitive miniatures game. This expansion will contain six new fighters for your games of Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire, as well as a range of skaven-specific and generic powers and objectives for anyone looking for new ways to steal-steal some shadeglass from the dead-things.

Finally, this evening saw the unveiling of Warhammer Heroes. Designed to celebrate the people that make your hobby great, Warhammer Heroes are those hobbyists who make our community as great as it is. You’ll be able to nominate someone you think makes Warhammer great; whether it’s a local club owner or just a mate who taught you how to paint! We’ll be selecting heroes periodically, and rewarding them with this rather magnificent medal for their efforts:

BGSeminarNov3-Hero4nsd-500x375.jpg

Nominations open on the 21st of November, so start thinking about who you want to put forward. We’ll have more news on how you can vote closer to the time.

Let us know what you’re most excited about on the Warhammer 40,000, Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer Underworlds Facebook pages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quirky English if from translation:

"Well, the Codex has finally been announced and a good friend of mine has told me some juicy little things. 
Pre-orders on December 2 
Available on December 9

There are some changes in a couple of units. Changes in the cost in points that equated to match the vanilla Marines codex. 
There will not be Sammael riding on Garrasable.

The Black Knights and Deathwing Exterminators can now upgrade to Command Squad (1 per army), this basically gives them the ability to bodyguard. 
Now the interesting things 
Skills And will not know the fear Inner Circle The unit automatically overcomes the moral checks. In addition, he can repeat the rolls to hit Heretic Astartes and repeat to hit and wound against Fallen Angels in the combat phase.

Ravenwing If this unit moves, it gains an invulnerable 6+ save against all firing attacks. If he advances, he gains an invulnerable salvation of 5+ invulnerable against all firing attacks. 
Dark Determination All units of Unforgiven can fire defensive to 5+ and only lose a mini in case of failing a morale check. 
They have the same Stratagems as the Space Marines, with the exception of 
Masterful aim 
Cluster mines 
Tremor Ammunition

Also access to these unique stratagems. 
Fury of the First 2CP Use this stratagem in your shooting phase. All plasma weapons can use the overloaded weapon profile but ignore deadly wounds caused with results of 1.

Repent because tomorrow you will die
Stratagem Unforgiven 1CP 
Use this ploy before making defensive shots, the Unforgiven unit can perform defensive fire at full HP.

Teleportation Beacon
Unforgiven Stratagem 2CP 
Play at the beginning of your turn. Any unit of the Deathwing can deploy from the reserves to 9UM of an enemy unit, provided it is at 6UM or less than one unit of the Ravenwing.

Assault of the Wing of Death Stratagem Unforgiven 2CP 
Play at the beginning of your turn, any Deathwing unit that comes into play by rapid deployment can fire twice or add 3UM to the charge roll this turn.

They keep the same Warmaster features as Standard Marines, except for the following: 
Keep at all costs Not Forgiven 
Your warlord and Unforgiven units to 9UM or less of your Warlord can roll a D6 by every wound suffered; with a 5+ is ignored.

Courage of the First Unforgiven Legion 
The units of Unforgiven in your army can use the Leadership of your Warlord during the morale phase.

The Deathwing Hunt 
Any enemy character that your Warmaster kills in the combat phase grants an additional victory point

Rapid Maneuvers  Ravenwing 
Your warlord and any Ravenwing unit at or below 6UM can add 2UM to all movement, advance, and load distances, and add +1 to all Dodge rolls

Relics  
Sacred Banner - Only a Sacred Banner can be chosen by army. 
Standard of Devastation. All units of Unforgiven at 9UM or less of the Standard can fire twice in the shooting phase and automatically pass morale checks. 
Standard of Retribution All Unforgiven units at 9UM or less of the Standard can attack twice in the combat phase and automatically pass morale checks. 
Standard of the Fortress All Unforgiven units at 9UM or less of the Standard when they suffer an unsaved wound may roll 1d6; with a 5+ the wound is ignored and the morale checks are automatically carried out.

Mace of Redemption F + 3 FP-3 Damage 2 
If a unit suffers damage from this weapon, it reduces the HA by -1 until the end of the next combat phase. Against Heretic Astartes is FP -4

Lion Roar
When attacking with this weapon, choose one or both profiles below. If you choose the two subtracts 1 in all the rolls to hit this weapon 
Bolt 24UM Rapid Fire 1 F4 FP0 Damage 1 
Plasma 24 "Assault 1d3 F7 FP-3 Damage 1

Punish Enemies
Rapid Fire 3 F4 FP-1 Damage 1

Kill Caliban Monsters
F +2 FP-2 Damage 1d3 
If this weapon causes at least one unsaved wound, roll a 1d6; with a 6 the model that has received the wound is removed from the game. Does not affect the models with the keyword Vehicle
Shroud  of heroes
The shroud of heroes grants one salvation for coverage of 4+ and for each unsaved wound, throws a 1d6; with a 6+ and the wound is ignored.

And finally the most important news in my opinion 
Lion El'Jonson
M 8UM HA 2+ HP 2+ F 6 R 6 H 9 A 7 Ld 10 Sv 2+ 
Hope F + 2 FP -3 Damage 2 Melee. The 6+ results on the wound rolls inflict deadly wounds instead of their normal damage. 
Despair 18UM Assault 1d3 F8 FP -3 Damage 3 If a unit suffers any damage from this weapon, roll a D6; with a 6 the unit suffers 1d3 Mortal Wounds

And they will not know the fear 
Master of the First : if your army is veteran, you receive 3 additional Command Points if Lion El'Jonson is your Warlord. 
Armor of the Order : Lion El'Jonson has an invulnerable salvation of 3+. In addition, all Unforgiven units in an 8UM area receive an 
invulnerable  save  of 5+
Sword Master : For every unsaved wound that Lion El'Jonson causes in the combat phase, he can make an additional attack immediately. This ability can only be used once per combat phase. 
Master strategist : every time a stratagem is used, roll a 1d6; with a 4+ the Command Point for that stratagem is not spent. 
Ier Primarch :  
Friendly units of  Unforgiven to 6UM or less of Lion El'Jonson can re-roll any roll to hit and wound failures. » 

• Thanks 1

Though I suppose, with GW trying to copyright everything, having characters without models is kinda a problem. And there isn't a FW Lion El Jonson, as far as I know. 

I'm just hoping there's some note where we can use Lion 'El Jonson in a Chaos Army if we include Cypher....even more unlikely, I know.

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

Primarch Dreadnought?

Was thinking more of a horizontal coffin or sleeping beauty bed, but a Primarch dreadnought would be pretty cool too. Though, best case, we get a dual kit that is able to make a chaos Lion El Jonson and a Loyalist version. 

My one hope is that they beef up the sanguinor the most. Someone mentioned this elsewhere but the Stormcast Celestant-Prime should be a template for both looks and feel. Maybe not primarch level stats but at least mini-demon prince with a huge presence on the field.

If they don't end up doing so, I'll probably end up converting one from the celestant prime anyway. The base figure is pretty imposing. I'm not sure about the wings though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spagunk said:

My one hope is that they beef up the sanguinor the most. Someone mentioned this elsewhere but the Stormcast Celestant-Prime should be a template for both looks and feel. Maybe not primarch level stats but at least mini-demon prince with a huge presence on the field.

If they don't end up doing so, I'll probably end up converting one from the celestant prime anyway. The base figure is pretty imposing. I'm not sure about the wings though.

You know...Stormcast really should make an appearance in that BA codex. That, or loyalist should have rules for summoning them as "daemons" of the emperor

1 hour ago, spagunk said:

That may have been me. I know I've talked about that more than a few times.

47 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

You know...Stormcast really should make an appearance in that BA codex. That, or loyalist should have rules for summoning them as "daemons" of the emperor

With a bit of conversion work, the Prosecutors make fantastic Sanguinary Guard.