T9A Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Anyone interested in doing a 2v2 sometime over the 4th of July weekend?

Perhaps on the 6th (Sat)? I'd be happy to host it at my house to give us plenty of space/time/beer (beer is the 5th dimension).

I was looking at some 2v2 rules on the T9A website and it got me really excited.

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/47580-official-multiplayer-rules-thread-rules-wip/&pageNo=1

1 minute ago, TheBeninator said:

Hey guys,

Anyone interested in doing a 2v2 sometime over the 4th of July weekend?

Perhaps on the 6th (Sat)? I'd be happy to host it at my house to give us plenty of space/time/beer (beer is the 5th dimension).

I was looking at some 2v2 rules on the T9A website and it got me really excited.

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/47580-official-multiplayer-rules-thread-rules-wip/&pageNo=1

I think @BenKerr was considering coming down that weekend to game? 

Put me down as a maybe, definitely interested, but I'm waiting to see if a friend is coming in from Bellingham that weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Put me down as a "yes" for the 6th. I'm down to play 2v2 or 1v1, although lean towards the former since multiplayer games have a tendency to take a while.

So you mean the latter (1v1)?

@'BenKerr Since you are making such a long journey to come down, we will do singles. How many games did you want to try and get in? Are you heading back the same day? You are welcome to crash at my place in Portland for the night if it makes logistics easier.

I am down to get in as many games as I can get! Whatever time you guys want to get started I can be there and we can see how many games we can fit in. And as for driving back at night or crashing there, I will see how I am feeling after playing. Might be easier to crash there if it gets too late. 

15 minutes ago, splinx said:

How’s that taxation without representation going? Lol 😉 you guys have more taxes than in the UK now. lol 

I don't know if the inter-webs supports that...

For the fiscal year of 2016/17, these are the current tax rates in the UK:

• The basic rate is 20%, for all sorts of income up to 32,000 GBP per year.
  • The higher tax rate of 40% applies to income from 32,001 GBP to 150,000 GBP a year.
  • Income above the 150,000 GBP limit is taxed with the additional rate of 45%.

A marginal tax rate of 40% over 32,000 GBP (40,600 USD) is pretty bloody high! The US for the same amount of money is 22%. Sure we also have state tax, but that is still well shy of 40%.

The UK does get socialized health care, which I guess they dont pay extra for? So, if we look at the full cost, we might be about equal.

But, your main point is still valid. We just like serving a King of our own choosing ;D

3 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

I don't know if the inter-webs supports that...

For the fiscal year of 2016/17, these are the current tax rates in the UK:

• The basic rate is 20%, for all sorts of income up to 32,000 GBP per year.
  • The higher tax rate of 40% applies to income from 32,001 GBP to 150,000 GBP a year.
  • Income above the 150,000 GBP limit is taxed with the additional rate of 45%.

A marginal tax rate of 40% over 32,000 GBP (40,600 USD) is pretty bloody high! The US for the same amount of money is 22%. Sure we also have state tax, but that is still well shy of 40%.

The UK does get socialized health care, which I guess they dont pay extra for? So, if we look at the full cost, we might be about equal.

But, your main point is still valid. We just like serving a King of our own choosing ;D

LOL my comment was on the amount of taxes you guys have rather than the amount. But yes it probably is about the same as the UK. Im kinda glad im Merican these days tho. Anyways apologies for highjacking a decent 9th age thread. One day my fantasy armies will come back out and conquer! 

1 minute ago, splinx said:

Good excuse to get my empire out I guess. I have a newborn so it depends on the wife dude. 

Well, there is plenty of time to cook your wife dude breakfast and score those points. I'll put your down as a solid yes, in ink.

Now get to cookin'

Congrats on the kiddo!

Who else needs some non-negotiable convincing?

• Thanks 1

Yeppers,

So far it looks like locally we just have Myself, Andrew and Cody.

Kelly (the orc swarm) is mulling it over.

I may have an enthusiast show up to watch/get a learning game in. He apparently has never played, but he wears a chaos symbol pendant, so suffice to say he is into the lore.

Others may jump in last minute, but I imagine many people are heading out of town for the long weekend.

Ben, send me a PM if you need a place to stay while you are down here.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

So....

Who is crazy enough to want to play a 10,000 point game using normal army composition rules/restrictions?

I foresee a fairly long game, many beers involved, and a break part way through.

This is just an excuse to bring out ALL my lizards.

I would have to bring out the Ogres AND my Chaos bois to get 10K points, lulz