Question for Daemon players regarding troops

Kelharis

10 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Yeah, looks like I was misremembering that one. Sorry about that. 

No biggie! Now it looks even better to take on bloodletters huh?

9 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Moving your plaguebearers 7 feet, brah.

Ohhh...  ", not '. Although I would hope when I move them 7' you might stop me...

Yeah, brimstones are now 6++. They are cheap, but that really is all they do. 

I will note that brimstones have a 6+ regular save, so if you put them in cover, they actually have a better armor save than they do an invulnerable one. 

Nurglings are one of the best troop choices in the game IMO. They are so fantastic at board control, enabling/denying deep strike and infiltrators, and helping to get points in games like the ITC champions missions and maelstrom games (even regular book missions if youare sneaky enough). With all of the things that can deepstrike this edition, come out of reserves, summoning etc, if you don't have a place to put them, you can be screwed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainA said:

Nurglings are one of the best troop choices in the game IMO. They are so fantastic at board control, enabling/denying deep strike and infiltrators, and helping to get points in games like the ITC champions missions and maelstrom games (even regular book missions if youare sneaky enough). With all of the things that can deepstrike this edition, come out of reserves, summoning etc, if you don't have a place to put them, you can be screwed.

I like them too. Only downside is that they aren't khorne, and this is more a contextual weak point related to me playing khorne.

Just now, CaptainA said:

Paint em red and call them khornlings?

Totally would.

Issue is that new rules would deny me my khorne daemon detachment bonus if I included any nurgle marked models. For khorne, that means no re-rolling charges....can't afford to give that up.

1 hour ago, CaptainA said:

Take a patrol and have red khornlings and madbringers (poxbringers)

Just don't have enough detachments thanks to ITC. 

I never have enough detachments in this edition. I really wish we could take the standard detachment from last edition (1-2 HQ, 0-3 elite, 2-6 troops, 0-3 fast, 0-3 heavy, 0-1 fortification, 0-1 LoW). A Primary army, a building and a lord of war is 3 detachments in this edition and ITC makes that hurt. Meh, not the end of the world, I just like my fortifications...

5 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Just don't have enough detachments thanks to ITC. 

I never have enough detachments in this edition. I really wish we could take the standard detachment from last edition (1-2 HQ, 0-3 elite, 2-6 troops, 0-3 fast, 0-3 heavy, 0-1 fortification, 0-1 LoW). A Primary army, a building and a lord of war is 3 detachments in this edition and ITC makes that hurt. Meh, not the end of the world, I just like my fortifications...

You know, you could just play the game GW is making, and not bow down to Fan Rules.

It only has power if you believe.

43 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

You know, you could just play the game GW is making, and not bow down to Fan Rules.

It only has power if you believe.

Everywhere I play insists on ITC. But I agree without your point. 

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

The restriction of 3 Detachments at 2K is actually in the 40K Matched Play Rules. It's not presented as 100% mandatory, but it is strongly recommended.

Yeah, I think I recall something like that, now that you remind me.