Tau Soon?

WestRider

8 minutes ago, Purajh said:

Yah, I don' want my all kroot list to disappear.

Well they are important to the T'au Empire.  That vanguard move is a critical element in every single T'au list ,in my opinion.  it solves a LOT of problems.  The two things I now count among my MUSTS in 8th Edition lists are units that can do a vanguard type of move (in one form or another) and Snipers.  Both seem critical to me, assuming your army has them.  if it does, take it!  

22 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Well they are important to the T'au Empire.  That vanguard move is a critical element in every single T'au list ,in my opinion.  it solves a LOT of problems.  The two things I now count among my MUSTS in 8th Edition lists are units that can do a vanguard type of move (in one form or another) and Snipers.  Both seem critical to me, assuming your army has them.  if it does, take it!  

Why not just vanguard your pathfinders? They are critical for markerlight support anyway, just kill both birds with one stone.

1 hour ago, Kelharis said:

Why not just vanguard your pathfinders? They are critical for markerlight support anyway, just kill both birds with one stone.

That leaves the Pathfinders exposed and they do far too much damage to just throw their lives away like that.  =)  Kroot are more expensdable and faster.  and in a tussle they are marginally meh (really a shame how they nerfed them, considering their old profile, it wasnt like the Tau needed more units that cannot fight at all).

Once again, I need to push the idea I had for the TAU two books ago. They need a melee markerlight unit...Just run up and place markerlights on the enemy in assault, then launch seeker missiles into combat (probably killing both units....for the greater good!). 

36 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Once again, I need to push the idea I had for the TAU two books ago. They need a melee markerlight unit...Just run up and place markerlights on the enemy in assault, then launch seeker missiles into combat (probably killing both units....for the greater good!). 

It would be fun to play Tau like Skaven...

had a fun night last night with the Tau Empire.  Took all but a Doomsday Ark off the board in my first game and in my second, we had to call it before the sixth turn but essentially he was down to one Gaunt, the Alpha guy. a toxicrene, Neurothrope, 3 Hiveguard and a unit of gaunts that were line breaking.  i was gonna annihilate the gaunts for the win.

The T'au Empire is getting a lot of "dont play them til the codex comes out" online but....  They seem to be doing pretty good for me.

Those allegedly came from Haechi

He posted some stuff in Nov that has come true (Jan Daemons and Custodes in Jan/Feb)

Haechi - Total rumors: (2 TRUE) / (0 FALSE) / (0 PARTIALLY TRUE/VAGUE) - updated 1/25/2018

PENDING Release Schedule Rumors - Jan 2018
So, new rumors (apparently the 4chan schedule was some compiled leaks and some bullgak - as usual) :

- February : End of Custodes, Thousand Sons - for AOS : 4 Harbingers, Legions Of Nagash battletome.

- March : Codex T'au and Necron (maybe Necromunda, Bloodbowl) - Malign Portents campaign book, reboxed sceneries (maybe in Feb).

- April-may : Codex Harlequin and Drukari, AOS Aleves.

Since June, no data but :

- AOS summer global campaign like Seeds of Hope, Fate of Konor (Maybe a 40k campaign book / big boxset).

- End of August : Codex Space Wolves.

- December : Codex Orks / Speed kult (with new moldels).

- Maybe : end 2018 / start 2019 : Slaanesh 40k and AOS (probably around new Keeper of Secret and daemon Fulgrim).

PENDING Release Schedule Rumors - Nov 2017
Early and throughout January - Double daemons TRUE
End of January is Custodes  TRUE
February is unknown but some is custodes
Early mid march is Tau
End of Month is necrons
April and may are Harlequins, Drukharii and the two new aelves for AOS

• Like 1