Tyranid list advice

PumpkinHead

Looking at a monster mash up. Thinking OFCC maybe... but I am not sure of the meta out there since I haven't played since last OFCC.  Comments ?

KRAKEN hive fleet 2000 pts

Old One Eye

Swarmlord

Tyrannocyte

3x  ripper swarm

3x ripper swarm

3x ripper swarm

6x Hive Guard

Dimaecheron

2x Carnifex w/ 4x Devourers with BL, enh sen, spore cysts

2x thornbacks w/ S.cannon, 2x Deathspitter with SM, chitin thorns

3x screamer killers, 4x MST, spore cysts

• Thanks 1

Any chance you have some buildings? A good number of viable building options to protect your guys against alpha strikes. Plus buildings are high toughness, so with a MC list, the opponent will have to redirect shooting that would be anti-MC towards the building, which should help you. 

52 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

Is there a lot of people Deep Striking in and making the 9 inch charge to wreck your day?

Last 2/3 most recent games, I've had a turn 1 charge with my Khorne. Turn 1 charge against Blood Angels and Turn 1 charge against Tau (yeah, made melee with TAU turn 1....). 

so malanthrope helps with synapse but doesnt do much else for the fex since the spore shrouding is now 3in from the malanthrope base instead of 6in like last edition. plus fexen can have spore cysts which gives them their own personal spore shrouding. and no, they dont stack.

in my last game against deathguard, i charged mortarion with two screamer killers and a malanthrope. morty took 6 wounds from them. then morty divided his 18 attacks between all of my guys and dealt something like 10+ dmg to each of em. *poof**poof**poof*. no more fexen.

screening gants are a huge thing this edition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Crazy... 8 wounds at T7 for each fex... That should keep them alive for a bit.... I guess I could drop a screamer killer and add in a malanthrope and some screening gaunts

Depends, am I focusing my AT weapons on him, or am I just shooting bolters at him? Should be fine against bolters.... A 17pt melta gun will wound him on 3s, grant -4 AP, and deal d6 damage. Even without the charge, killing several MCs should be pretty easy if you allow the enemy to DS 9-12" away from one of your big bugs.