Escalation league painting list: Month 1

Lyraeus

So working out my Weeks 1-4 painting lists, it seems I have made things a bit more difficult on myself.

Painting list: 

HQ 

Big Mek w/Kustom Force Field 

Wierdboy 

Warboss

Evil Sunz Deffkilla Wartrike 

Troops 

Bad Moon Boyz x27

Bad Moon Big Shoota Boyz x2

Bad Moon Boss Nob w/Big Choppa 

Bad Moon Grots X 22

Deathskulls Boyz x25

Deathskulls Boss Nob w/Power Klaw

Deathskulls Grots x21

Elites 

Evil Sunz Nob Warbiker w/Power Klaw x6

Evil Sunz Kommandos x7

Evil Sunz Burna Kommandos x2

Evil Sunz Kommando Nobz w/ Power Klaw x2

Deathskulls Meganobz w/Twin Power Sawz x3

Deathskulls Tankbustas x4

Deathskulls Nob Tankbusta 

Fast Attack 

Bad Moons Deff Koptas x2

Heavy Support 

Bad Moons Lootas x15

Deathskulls Deff Dredd w/ Dual Dredd Klaw & Dual Kustom Mega Blasta x3

Mek Gunz w/Kustom Mega Kannon x3

Flyer 

Bad Moon Dakkajet 

Dedicated Transport 

Deathskulls Trukk

Think my desire to test out so much is going to push my speed painting skills... I figure if I get the troops done to table level I will be much better off

Thoughts? 

What about you? What's your first months painting look like? 

• Like 1

I’ve resigned myself to probably only getting a unit a month done. The dreaded “Real Life” is getting in the way. So despite my reluctance to field unpainted plastic, I’m going to shoot for at least that much.

My 2018 goal is to be able to have a fully painted and based 250(ish) unit every month.

January: Six Aggressors & Captain I

Februrary: Ten Intercessors & Captain II

March: Ten Intercessors & Company Ancient

12 minutes ago, Ish said:

I’ve resigned myself to probably only getting a unit a month done. The dreaded “Real Life” is getting in the way. So despite my reluctance to field unpainted plastic, I’m going to shoot for at least that much.

My 2018 goal is to be able to have a fully painted and based 250(ish) unit every month.

January: Six Aggressors & Captain I

Februrary: Ten Intercessors & Captain II

March: Ten Intercessors & Company Ancient

Yea, I am a bachelor so I am pretty open. Just want things build and table ready. 

That’s why I long ago decided that if I wasn’t going to be a great painter — I’m a solid “good enough for gaming” level — then I would at least be an efficient painter. I try to play only with completely painted armies.

An army of 200 dudes painted to a 6/10 level looks miles better than an army of 195 grey plastic dudes and 5 guys that are painted to 10/10 level.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ish said:

That’s why I long ago decided that if I wasn’t going to be a great painter — I’m a solid “good enough for gaming” level — then I would at least be an efficient painter. I try to play only with completely painted armies.

An army of 200 dudes painted to a 6/10 level looks miles better than an army of 195 grey plastic dudes and 5 guys that are painted to 10/10 level.

See the problem I have is I have two modes. 50 hours on a model or 2 hours on a model. Both do not work for the majority of models I have.

But I'm definitely not not playing my models, regardless of how much paint is on them.

1) I dig your stuff, looking Sharp.

2) Have you considered dipping? I always thought of it as being cheesey, almost cheating. Then I tried it and changed my tune. Makes churning out footsloggers a walk in the park and they really turn out well.

3) For painting entertainment I've always found podcasts to be my go-to. Been doing Friday Night Quests lately, fun and funny D&D live play that I highly recommend.

1 hour ago, PourSpelur said:

1) I dig your stuff, looking Sharp.

2) Have you considered dipping? I always thought of it as being cheesey, almost cheating. Then I tried it and changed my tune. Makes churning out footsloggers a walk in the park and they really turn out well.

3) For painting entertainment I've always found podcasts to be my go-to. Been doing Friday Night Quests lately, fun and funny D&D live play that I highly recommend.

I have all 3 of the army painter dips. I have found I enjoy mixing a wash and airbrushing it on

Whose stuff? 

Yea, audio books and things to listen too help

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

Are there pictures of this stuff and games?

Not sure on the lack of pictures, but the escalation league hasn't started yet (starts tuesday), so that would be the lack of games.