GSC

pretre

13 minutes ago, andy said:

I wish they'd never rolled Genestealers up into the Tyranids. They work so much better as Lovecraftian horrors IMO.

They could be attempting to backpedal, at least a bit, especially given the Lovecraftian vibe of this preview video. I mean, the narrator damn near says "the stars are right..."

Reading the description of the Genestealer Cults' activities in Vigilis Defiant they certainly play up their new "working class dregs" aesthetic instead of their old Second Edition "corrupt aristocracy" vibe. To me it feels very 'The Shadow of Innsmouth,' only with miners instead of fishermen.

Even the giant galaxy devouring Hivemind can be creepy as hell, given the right writer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, andy said:

I wish they'd never rolled Genestealers up into the Tyranids. They work so much better as Lovecraftian horrors IMO.

I've felt like that since I started playing 40K. It's why I've never actually used Stealers in my Nid Army. And why I was so happy when they finally came out with GSC.

• Like 1

If you guys aren't following WHC or Warhammer 40k on Facebook, I don't know what to tell you.

Genestealer Cults

The day of reckoning is nearly at hand – until then, we’ve got a preview of some incredible new Genestealer Cults models.

This time around, we’re bringing the upper echelons of the cults to life with a cast of new Characters. These are an unlikely pack of civilian revolutionaries – from freedom-fighting assassins to vox-hacking technicians who use cunning rather than brute force to help you claim victory for your cult:

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultSanctus6nfe.jp
NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultMagus4kjbfh.jp

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultLocus3tcerg.jp
NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultClamavus5jvrh.

These guys are going to give the Genestealer Cults a unique feel on the tabletop, with each offering unusual tactical tricks for your army to master.

We’ve also had a closer look at the Atalan Jackals, rapid-assault outriders of the Genestealer Cults, as well as the Jackal Alphus, a mounted sniper who’s perfect for leading an armoured column:

VigilusWeekender-Nov24-CultistBike6kwmkj
VigilusWeekender-Nov24-CultistBike5hvfe.
NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultWolfquad7cm.jp

And, Genestealer Cults will be receiving their very own scenery piece with the Tectonic Fragdrill. This massive industrial mining machine allows you to quite literally undermine your enemy’s best-laid plans:

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultFragdrill8grbh

True to form, some new Genestealer Cults are hidden, to be revealed at a later date from where you least expect it – so stay tuned…

In the meantime, here’s a cult in all it’s multi-armed, many-splendored glory:

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-CultBattleshot53uv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1