Alder Street Food Cart Pod to close in June

scottshoemaker

Luckily one day every block in downtown will be a hotel, and then there will be no reason for anyone to ever visit.  Once people realize this and stop coming, the buildings will be demolished and left as empty lots where new food carts can flourish.  Thus, the great cycle of creation continues.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That depends on whether you are worried about the loss of jobs and tax revenues or the loss of really good restaurants.  I don't happen to be familiar with the Alder pod but I am familiar with the concept and know that food trucks can build a client base in a location and then die when they are forced to move because there is no way for them to notify their customers where they have moved to...  Not like they have a window where they can leave a flier while the landlord remodels for the new tenant.

23 hours ago, Duckman said:

That depends on whether you are worried about the loss of jobs and tax revenues or the loss of really good restaurants.  I don't happen to be familiar with the Alder pod but I am familiar with the concept and know that food trucks can build a client base in a location and then die when they are forced to move because there is no way for them to notify their customers where they have moved to...  Not like they have a window where they can leave a flier while the landlord remodels for the new tenant.

It is by definition as transitory business. The revenues from the building alone will dwarf the tax income from the food carts. They vendor themselves are some of the most entrepreneurial in the city. They will relocate, reinvent,  and survive.  

4 hours ago, Raindog said:

It is by definition as transitory business. The revenues from the building alone will dwarf the tax income from the food carts. They vendor themselves are some of the most entrepreneurial in the city. They will relocate, reinvent,  and survive.  

speaking of which. 

some of then relocated to this new spot just a stones throw from the club. check it out for good grub plus beer and stuff!

Hawthorne Asylum
1080 SE Madison St, Portland, OR 97214
https://maps.google.com/?cid=11873622595682975108

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

you cant stop a billion dollar development deal with a protest so....

Well, not with a peaceful protest anyway....

Anywho, I'm not of the school of thought that protests do anything. I just heard their was one and decided to go the other direction. As far as I can tell, in the modern era, the point of a protest is to socialize with other people present (like dating/romance). They mainly seem to jam up traffic and make the police extra twitchy.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Raindog said:

The ones who make food to a high standard will do well anywhere. Many of them make good use of social media to update customers about location. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 4:08 AM, paxmiles said:

Well, not with a peaceful protest anyway....

Anywho, I'm not of the school of thought that protests do anything. I just heard their was one and decided to go the other direction. As far as I can tell, in the modern era, the point of a protest is to socialize with other people present (like dating/romance). They mainly seem to jam up traffic and make the police extra twitchy.

I'm really against picketing. I just don't know how to show it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1