Uprising in Deathcap Junction - All the info

ninefinger

So, as far as I can tell, Yaktribe's gang manager doesn't take into account any price adjustments/freebies provided by territories. Specifically, one of my territories provided a juve with some free equipment, and another gives a discount on my House equipment list. I accounted for this by editing my gang credits to reflect the discounts - is this the best way to do it, or did I miss something?

8 hours ago, Aaron W said:

So, as far as I can tell, Yaktribe's gang manager doesn't take into account any price adjustments/freebies provided by territories. Specifically, one of my territories provided a juve with some free equipment, and another gives a discount on my House equipment list. I accounted for this by editing my gang credits to reflect the discounts - is this the best way to do it, or did I miss something?

it is a little tricky/finicky.   Editing after the fact is pretty common, but it does mean you should try and jot down how many credits you had beforehand, etc and make sure it all balances out.   Free equipment still increases the ‘cost’ of a ganger and increases your gang rating, it just doesn’t require credits.

2B681688-AFA8-49F9-A8C1-09F70CBB0BCD.thumb.png.94342c3f8f5b5b113bf8bbfca67fd272.png

The plus sign is to ‘add’ an item, for free.   The dollar sign is to purchase an item with credits.  The dollar bill is to sell an item, returning the full credits back, (note that if you sell things in game, you actually do so for a reduced value) the toolbox will send an item to the stash, and the trash can will remove items, without giving you any credits.

my best advice is try and avoid cheating, And just set your credits where they need to be after your purchases.  I still click the wrong buttons when buying equipment, as well.  

1 hour ago, Aaron W said:

Ohhh, dang - okay, gotcha. I was careful to make sure the numbers balanced, but I'll use the "add" button for that in the future. What's the best way to do items that are discounted but not free, like my discounted House equipment prices from my Reclamation Zone territory?

Oof.   Yeah, yaktribe hasn’t been updated to adjust for these new territories yet.

Probably just have to do the math is the easiest, unfortunately.   You could use the custom equipment menu, to build identical items to the house list with their Cost adjusted, but that’s quite a bit of work...

(you could also just plan to ruin that territory as soon as possible?  🤣)

17 hours ago, Painglove said:

Hey Gents. Finished painting up an Enforcer patrol, and I will be there next Tuesday. I kitted my gang out at 1000 credits. Is that cool for a latecomer,  or is there a handicap of additional creds to catch up for missing a few games?

~Steve

Definitely feel free to add 250 in credits, and i'll come up with a plan to add some xp.  I'm thinking a d3 for each member of the squad.  For the most part, folks have only gotten one full game in, so you shouldnt be too far behind, to begin with.  Some of us that got a little slaughtered (cough myself) you may even be ahead of.

Question about Yaktribe: I'm trying to make my Gang (using Underhive rules, right?). How do I add experience and skills? I also tried to create my Gang as it is in week two, but it says I have insufficient credits. Even when I delete a couple Gangers and equipment, it doesn't adjust my credit balance- as in, it didn't refund the credits I spent on Gangers and equipment. Any help would be appreciated!

@Tamwulf

Not sure I have the answers to all of your questions, but I’ve been wrestling with Yaktribe too and figured out the following:

• if you drop equipment when you are playing around with the lists you need to sell it, not remove it, or you won’t get your money back. I changed my mind about some things and just went back in and added back the credits that I was supposed to have to the total  when I realized what was happening. Otherwise your money goes down the toilet.
  • Haven’t added experience yet, but you can do it by clicking the functions button underneath the stat profile on each Ganger. You can also do other stuff like changing their name there.
  • At least for starting gangers you can add skills using the plus button by the Advances group. You will need to have the right amount of creds or XP to add the skill, and will spend them in a pop-up window

Hope this helps?

Two questions I have for tonight are whether or not there is some sort of campaign page on Yaktribe for Ordo ? Anyone have a linky?  Also  when would be the best time to arrive? I can pretty much be there any time. 

~Steve

7 minutes ago, Painglove said:

@Tamwulf

Not sure I have the answers to all of your questions, but I’ve been wrestling with Yaktribe too and figured out the following:

• if you drop equipment when you are playing around with the lists you need to sell it, not remove it, or you won’t get your money back. I changed my mind about some things and just went back in and added back the credits that I was supposed to have to the total  when I realized what was happening. Otherwise your money goes down the toilet.
  • Haven’t added experience yet, but you can do it by clicking the functions button underneath the stat profile on each Ganger. You can also do other stuff like changing their name there.
  • At least for starting gangers you can add skills using the plus button by the Advances group. You will need to have the right amount of creds or XP to add the skill, and will spend them in a pop-up window

Hope this helps?

Two questions I have for tonight are whether or not there is some sort of campaign page on Yaktribe for Ordo ? Anyone have a linky?  Also  when would be the best time to arrive? I can pretty much be there any time. 

~Steve

Working on answers for ya Tom.   One sec.

Steve, doors open around 3:30 or 4, depending on who with keys gets off work first.   Yaktribe has gone a little bit screwy with some of their latest iterations.  There should be a link at the top of one of these pinned posts, but the system seems to be that either I have to invite you to the guild, or you have to request it.  Then I can add you to a roster and add your gang to the campaign page.  It was a ton simpler a year ago, but there ya have it.  

I’ll try and add both of you, but the accept window is also tricky to track down.   Once you’re added, I can also add credits, do, etc

Tom, you should be able to hit the edit button at the bottom of the gang portion, and add your credits there, to allow for buying more guys, etc.  

if you click on a gangers card, there should be an ‘add xp’ button, but you can also edit it through the ‘function’ dealy.  

• Jay unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

What's been going on in Deathcap Junction these days? I've been WOEFULLY out of the game loop for a few weeks due to real life distractions (nothing terrible, just vexingly time consuming), and I've been worried sick about Lord Helmawr's loyal citizens! Has that dreadful chaos brouhaha been quelled? Have people stopped eating juves? Has the Emperor's light returned to grace the hardworking souls of Necromunda once again?!

• Thanks 1

I have been woefully unreliable on providing weekly updates, but it seems that in general the consuming of meat products as opposed to emperor blessed corpse starch has led to the inevitable.   Lethargy and general brain disease seem to have spread amongst the population, and their riot seems to have burned itself out.  The observance of the high holy days is expected to continue uncontested, and normalcy should be returning to the hive.

we definitely lost some steam and had plenty of schedule conflicts come up the last couple weeks, but it’s been a really great time.   I’m not going to remove any rosters or anything, so gangs should feel free to get in the occasional pickup game.

I'm considering that for the next go around (which @scottshoemaker may arbitrate) we may try and use 2 week cycles with scheduled opponents.   It would expand the length of the campaign overall, but might allow for people to not feel so strained to get to game night in general.   Let me know if you have opinions on this.

im planning to take a backseat for a little while, and let the 40k escalation league pull focus, but don’t worry, the gangs will be lurking in the shadows