3/26/23 - Warmaster Tournament in Beaverton, OR

TheBeninator

Hello everyone, 

I am posting this event for the TO. This will be the second event that he has run, last year was fantastic. This event is new player friendly. Last year when I went I got to play my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ever games ever at the event and it was a great time. Most of my opponents also could count the number of games they had played on 1 hand. 

If you don't have an army, nor the time to put one together but are interested, I highly recommend using the paper proxies: https://ordinarygaming.blogspot.com/p/warmaster-counters.html . We hold no judgement to proxy armies, and if you find that you like the game, there are a few of us who can help 3D print an army for you if that's what you are interested in. 

The actual event posting is on Facebook through the Warmaster GW group (you have to answer some questions to be admitted to the group). Otherwise I have added all the tournament detail in the snippit below. If you have any questions or want to try the game out prior to going to a 3 game event, LMK and we can have a little learning game.

SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 2023 AT 9 AM – 6 PM

Introduction.
Join the Warmaster community in Portland, Oregon, USA, for a friendly tournament. New players are more than welcome!
Rules.
--Warmaster Revolution Compendium version 2.0
-- download from https://www.wm-revolution.com/articles/download.html.
--We will be using the following Optional Rules: Moving After Failed Command, First Order, Charging Flyers, Artillery Line of Sight, Scouting, Advanced Terrain Rules.
Armies.
--Warmaster Revolutions Armies v1.23.1 "developmental"
--download from https://www.wm-revolution.com/articles/download.html
Army List.
--1500 point army created on the Warmaster Army Selector ("Revolutions Developmental" tab). http://wm-selector.appspot.com/
--Minimums are proportional, but fractions are rounded UP. Example: Empire must take 3xHalbertiers + 3xCrossbowmen. Brettonians must take 2x units Men-At-Arms + 2xSquires + 2xKnights.
--Maximums are proportion, but fractions are rounded DOWN. Example: Empire may not take more than 1 Steam Tank. No army may take more than 1 unit of flyers.
Model & Painting.
--Armies must be removed from sprues and supports and mounted on correct bases, but don't need to be painted.
--Unpainted, alternate manufacturers' models, and proxies must be reasonable identifiable.
Prizes For.
--"Best General" - The attendee that accumulates the most Tournament Points.
--"Best Table" - The attendee that brings the best looking mat & scenery.
--"Best Army Appearance" - The attendee with the most attractive army overall.
--Note: Past years' winners for Table and Army Appearance may not win against with the same table and army, respectively.
How to Register.
--Message Alex Lindblom for payment instructions.
--Those that have paid $10 are considered registered and their spot is guaranteed.
--No refunds, as we will be purchasing supplies well in advance of the event.
Venue Details.
--Gongaii Games is an independent game store and comfortable place to play.
--When you arrive, come into the store and follow the signs to the event space.
--Free parking is available on-site.
Food.
--The registration fee includes lunch.
--Please note any strong allergies at the time of registration and no less than 1 week before the event).
Matches.
--First match will be done by random pairings and will play out the Pitched Battle scenario.
--Second and third matches will be organized Swiss (winners play winners) using Tournament Organizer's choice of scenarios from the Tournament Pack.
--Outcome of each game will be decided through Victory Points as defined by each scenario description.
--Note that Dwarf Trollslayers will give away Victory Points in the the same way as most other units.
Tournament Scoring:
--Ranking will be determined through Tournament points first, and Cumulative Victory Point Difference in case of ties.
--Each match will provide a player one of the following, selecting the lower value in case of ambiguity:
--Major Victory = 3 Tournament Points (TPs) given to the player that has scored double the Victory Points of their opponent
--Standard Victory = 2 TPs given to the player that has scored a VP difference greater than 200.
--Tie = 1 TP = the difference in Victory Points is less than 100
--Loss = 0 TP = not enough Victory Points for a tie or victory.
Event Schedule:
09:00 Arrival
09:15 Tournament Organizer reviews tournament rules, randomizes pairings
09:30-12:00 First game
12:00 Lunch, Hobby Competitions
12:30-03:00 Second Game
03:15-05:45 Third Game
05:45 Award ceremony
We look forward to seeing you at our tournament!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am happy to announce that Mindtaker Miniatures (mindtaker.org) in Vancouver, Washington, has reached out to the Portland Warmaster Tournament 2023 to become our main sponsor!

We are very excited to work with Mindtaker Miniatures for our March 26th tournament.

Event details may be found under the Events tab of this Facebook page.

Send me a direct message for registration instructions.

Edited by AndrewW
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Interested in this. I did notice though that the builder is not matching the rulebook. For example, the builder lists of crown of command as 100pts, but the rulebook has it listed for 70. Seems a few magic items are mis-costed. Does the builder trump the rulebook?

Looks like you are probably using the "Warmaster Armies" tab instead of the "Warmaster Revolution" tab 🙂warmaster.thumb.PNG.64a36a996e46daf145a094d45478fade.PNG

• Thanks 1

No, I saw the list, but I'm not finding the actual rules that are affected. For example, in the book, in the artillery section, there are no optional rule boxes. Yet there is apparently an artillery line of sight optional rule. I've read thru the section, as well as the general shooting section and can find no optional rule for it.

2 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

No, I saw the list, but I'm not finding the actual rules that are affected. For example, in the book, in the artillery section, there are no optional rule boxes. Yet there is apparently an artillery line of sight optional rule. I've read thru the section, as well as the general shooting section and can find no optional rule for it.

"Artillery Line of Sight Woods, Hills and Build-Up Areas block line of sight to artillery positioned on a hill."

There is some weird issue with the rulebook, this rule is actually hidden behind a picture on page 79. 

warmaster.PNG.753bc3e4e118d7c585327366d8894139.PNG

They had to redo the rulebook recently to take out GW images, so this must have happened then. I'll ask around and see if it's being addressed.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:59 AM, Brother Glacius said:

I've been looking at the Forest Dragon web site and Excellent Miniatures ever since this caught my eye....damn...some really great stuff out there for warmaster and very reasonably priced. KHAN!!!!!!

I ordered a bunch of Vampire Counts from Excellent Minis. Prints had awesome detail and were printed with a super durable resin. Only complaint would be that they shipped still attached to the supports, which took a bit of time to remove