Tanks for the memories

So figured I'd throw my ofcc list up for consideration and feedback. I know it's not great but I love the look and feel of it. Plus Every single model is heavily converted! (minus the ten Veer-Myn I'm using as vets) Yeah I get my face stomped in when trying to use it but I get to make all kinds of cool tank noises :biggrin:

Pask, Punisher, hvy bolter sponsons

2 Exterminators

Tank commander, Vanquisher, Lazcannon

Vanquisher, lazcannon

3 Exterminators

2 Eradicators, MultiMelta sponsons

2 Wyvern

2 Vets in Chimeras, Hvy Flamer 2xGrenade launchers

7 Rough Riders 2 Meltaguns

Of course I'm doing the Rough Riders on tracked bikes. My army is heavily corrupted by Nurgle so having the sacred number of bikers really made my day. As I'm doing a lot of conversions I tried to keep it simple so it's easy to tell what everything is. Feedback always helps because I'm a slow painter/modeler. Thanks!

Looks pretty good, although there are some Zs in your lascannons. ;)

Did you see his username? ;)

I've always kind of wanted to try running all three of my Executioners at once, really rock the euphoric orgy of plasmariffic destruction. Looks like a pretty cool list, and amusingly, it would give some of the more popular NetLists absolute fits if they were the less flexible versions.

WestRider: I don't actually have executioners. It was a typo, supposed to be 3 exterminator. Now I really want to find the points to change em up...maybe I can drop the Rough Riders...

Pretre: My laZcannons have a "z" because they're sharper than an "s", that means they'll penetrate more!

As for a rating, no real idea. It's not optimized, lacks AA, no answer for assault, lacks troops and has no psykers. On the other hand it's 10 Russes;) Probably a lower-mid tier? Honestly don't know, that's why I'm throwing it out there for more experienced eyes.

If it's a 2 I would call it a fairly strong 2- that much AV14 is gonna give most lists a lot of problems. Some lists (flyers, Drop Pods, etc) will obviously just roll right over it, but there's lots of armies that will struggle pretty heavily with it.

I could see a 3 from that perspective. I was just thinking of how common those counters are probably going to be though since they are popular right now.

Not sure if that's something that should be taken into account when rating though. lol

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

It's a wild card list that my guess you will roll over some and great blown up by others. I don't think there will be many in between games. For that I would say 2

So if I drop the Rough Riders I can turn my 3 exterminator squad into 3 executioners with 25 points left over. I can use those 25 points for some dozer blades or heavy stubbers etc...

Cons: really cuts down on effectiveness of list, less shots and I lose fast Calvary meltas;(

Pros: plasma death squad, nuff said

It'll look cooler

I'll get to play with OSL

It ends up being seven total units, go sacred number!

WestRider: I don't actually have executioners. It was a typo, supposed to be 3 exterminator. Now I really want to find the points to change em up...maybe I can drop the Rough Riders...

I have actually run that squadron. I call it Dalek Squadron, and bug the hell out of my opponents by going EXTER-MI-NATE every time they kill something ;)

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd probably rate it a 3 simply because of matchup issues.  Any potential RPS list should get a tougher rating IMO unless it is just plain awful.  This list isn't really that bad overall, and, as stated, can offer SOME armies some real issues.  While I'm sure I can find some good matchups to pair Dale off against, there might be a game or two in the OFCC that he is either going to end up against an army that has an uphill fight or he does just based on the rest of the team.  That's my 2 cents as his captain.  

• Like 2

I agree with Fluger, likely more like 3... Just make sure your team doesn't bring multiples like this. I've come to see a team with 3-4 armor heavy lists, and there's no good matchup. Having variety in a team is important to allow at least a 'chance' of good matchups.

I'll be running IG as well, but I have 120 infantry models on the table and only 2 russes.  

The other members of the team are MC-focused Nids and balanced Eldar.  

Dale's IG will struggle against Infantry-heavy assault armies and anything that can get melta in his face quickly.  The Nids are tough for Nids, but an army that has decent AA will be able to handle it well IMO.  The Eldar is tough just because it is Eldar, and I haven't seen a final list yet, but if it's what Romans normally runs, I'd say it's a hard 2.  So, I'm thinking 2 3s and two hard 2s is about where we'll land.  On paper a rough and ready team.  Unfortunately, our collective experience is incredibly small, so it'll be like watching a toddler try and drive a BMW.