T'orikku Shas’vre
Unit Type
T'orikku Shas’vre:
Monstrous Creature
Shielded Missile Drone:
Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)
Wargear
T'orikku battlesuit
Plasma Cannon 30" 7 2 Hvy 1 5" Blast (24" 8 1 Hvy 3 3" Blast - Nova)
Omoi Heavy Flamer Template 6 3 Heavy 1 Torrent (Heavy 2 Torrent, Fleshbane, Soulblaze - Nova)
Integrated Marker Light Targeting System Nova Only, Plasma Cannon fires using: 36" 7 2 Hvy 4 Skyfire
Experimental Riptide shield generator 4++(2++ Nova)
Wargear 
(Shielded Missile Drone)
Missile pod
Shield generator
Special Rules
Nova Reactor -
T'orikku Class
(T'orikku Shas’vre only)
Supporting Fire
Options
The T'orikku Shas’vre may take:
- Up to two Shielded Missile Drones........... +25 points each
The T'orikku Shas’vre may take up to Two items from the support systems list. (see page 95 of
Codex: Tau Empire).

215 pts Tau XV108 T'orikku 2 3 6 6 6 2 3 9 2+

Unit Composition
• 1 T'orikku Shas’vre
Unit Type
T'orikku Shas’vre:
Monstrous Creature
• Shielded Missile Drone:
Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)
Wargear
T'orikku battlesuit
• Plasma Cannon 30" 7 2 Hvy 1 5" Blast (24" 8 1 Hvy 3 3" Blast - Nova)
• Omoi Heavy Flamer Template 6 3 Heavy 1 Torrent (Heavy 2 Torrent, Fleshbane, Soulblaze - Nova)
• Integrated Marker Light Targeting System Nova Only, Plasma Cannon fires using: 36" 7 2 Hvy 4 Skyfire
• Experimental Riptide shield generator 4++(2++ Nova)
Wargear 
(Shielded Missile Drone)
• Missile pod
• Shield generator
Special Rules
• Nova Reactor -
T'orikku Class
(T'orikku Shas’vre only)
• Supporting Fire
Options
• The T'orikku Shas’vre may take:
- Up to two Shielded Missile Drones........... +25 points each
• The T'orikku Shas’vre may take up to Two items from the support systems list. (see page 95 of
Codex: Tau Empire).

Wait... Wut??

215... Wut?

Please tell me this isn't serious. Please?

*trolling*

A good try, but you made a couple errors: first of all, Tau use Ion, not Plasma, on their heavier battlesuits for the most part. (The Tau Plasma statline is also S6, not S7.) Second, while Tau draw on some parts of Oriental cultures- and in particular ancient China- they do not used names corresponding to such; rather, they are typically water-themed, if they have any theme at all.

Keep it up, though, and soon you'll be able to roll with the best of them.

• Like 1

I really wanna see FW give that not-Riptide an AP3 torrent flamer and an AP2 massive blast that for some reason is allowed to hit flyers. Because, you know, rules.

A good try, but you made a couple errors: first of all, Tau use Ion, not Plasma, on their heavier battlesuits for the most part. (The Tau Plasma statline is also S6, not S7.) Second, while Tau draw on some parts of Oriental cultures- and in particular ancient China- they do not used names corresponding to such; rather, they are typically water-themed, if they have any theme at all.

Keep it up, though, and soon you'll be able to roll with the best of them.

I was originally going Ion, but decided that the gun on it's left arm looked more like the Plasma Rifle and went that route.  Beefed it up because, you know, rules.  As far as the name choices.  T'orikku is a poor katakana accent pronunciation of Trick.  Omoi is "Heavy."  So it's a Heavy Heavy Flamer.  :)  I tried to keep it somewhat obvious.  

Besides, whenever I post the rules, I post a picture of the Model, a link to the PDF and then do the blurb.   :)

The Following Post has been dedicated to Abuse....

.....Puppy.

tau-suit2.jpg

xv109-7.jpg

FAST ATTACK - Tau XV109 Y’vahra Battlesuit   230 pts

Y’vahra Shas’vre 2 4 6 6 4 2 3 9 2+

Unit Composition
• 1 Y’vahra Shas’vre
Unit Type
• Y’vahra Shas’vre: Jetpack Monstrous Creature
• Shielded Missile Drone: Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)
• Shield Drone: Jet Pack Infantry (Drone)
Wargear
• Y’vahra battlesuit
   - Multi Tracker
   - Black Sun Filter
• Ionic discharge cannon 12" 8 3 Heavy 3, Blind, Haywire Burst
• Phased plasma-flamer 
   - Single canister Torrent (6") 6 3 Heavy 1, Torrent (6")
   - Full rotation Torrent (6") 6 2 Heavy 2, Torrent (6"), Gets Hot
• Ravelin shield generator 5++ (increases to 4++ if attack is from CC or up to 12" away)
• Vectored thruster array May Choose to Move as Swooping MC, can't use two turns in a row
• Flechette dispersal pods 6" 4 5 Assault D6, Shred (used at end of movement if model Deep Strike or used Vectored Thruster Array)
Wargear (Shielded Missile Drone)
• Missile pod
• Shield generator
Wargear (Shield Drone)
• Shield generator
Special Rules
• Nova Reactor - Y’vahra Class (Y’vahra Shas’vre only)
Nova Barricade The model’s Invulnerable save is increased to 3+ against close combat attacks.
Overcharged Ionic Burst The ionic discharge cannon is treated as Heavy 3+D3 for the duration of this effect.
Escape Thrust At the start of the Movement phase, the model may be removed from play and placed in Ongoing Reserves. It may do this even if in close combat, in which case any previously engaged models consolidate as normal.
Vector Evasion The model gains the Jink special rule, and when Thrusting or Swooping gains a 4+ Cover save as if it had moved Flat Out.
• Supporting Fire
• Hit and Run

Options
• The Y’vahra Shas’vre may take up to two drones from the following list:
- Shielded Missile Drones...............................+25 points each
- Shield Drones .......................................... +12 points each
• The Y’vahra Shas’vre may take up to two items from the Support systems list (see Codex: Tau Empire) with the same restrictions of choice that apply to a Riptide battlesuit. This does not include any of the options presented in the Farsight Enclaves supplement.

PAGE - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TAU_XV109_YVAHRA_BATTLESUIT.html

PDF - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/X/Tau-XV109.pdf

• Like 1

I'd say I wasn't that far off on the weapon profiles or the Points cost.  

• Plasma Cannon 30" 7 2 Hvy 1 5" Blast (24" 8 1 Hvy 3 3" Blast - Nova)
• Omoi Heavy Flamer Template 6 3 Heavy 1 Torrent (Heavy 2 Torrent, Fleshbane, Soulblaze - Nova)
• Ionic discharge cannon 12" 8 3 Heavy 3, Blind, Haywire Burst (Heavy 3+D3 NOVA)
• Phased plasma-flamer 
   - Single canister Torrent (6") 6 3 Heavy 1, Torrent (6")
   - Full rotation Torrent (6") 6 2 Heavy 2, Torrent (6"), Gets Hot

I had longer range and slightly higher damage output, but not the JackbNimble attitude about it.  

Heh. Maybe FW hasn't noticed yet ;) Because the way they refer to Jink in there doesn't make any sense in 7th.

Also, it's not a new FW thing, but I just got a look at the statline for the Sicaran the other day, and damn I need to get me one of those. It's pretty much exactly what I always wanted Predators to actually be capable of.

Did you notice that the new FW TAU riptide variant is a FA slot version? So, we've got the stock elite version, a FW heavy version, and a FW FA version. Nine in a single CAD....

More things to come:

blogger-image-1527108341.jpg

blogger-image-564880806.jpg

blogger-image--41069479.jpg

blogger-image-833071763.jpg

blogger-image--1384073969.jpg

blogger-image--106900942.jpg

blogger-image-552212578.jpg

blogger-image--869672336.jpg

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/  Plenty of other pics of the displays, book contents and other units coming out including IF, AL and WB ConDreads and more AdMech troops and tanks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the full sculpt of Konrad, as I'm a little let down on this initial picture.  Sevvie looks pretty sick, though.

• Like 1