New FW cuz money

Some new Campaign book, perhaps? With the number of kits they've done already, I could see them doing a few more for Chaos and then doing a book that focuses on an assault on a Loyalist Knight World by Traitor Knight Warbands. Add in some Household support Units, and/or port some of the AdMech stuff from 30K and that could fill a book.

Let me rephrase: The Sicaran does what I've always wanted a SM Tank to do. The Predator has historically been closest to that. Preds are solid, but they're not quite what I wanted. The Sicaran is.

I absolutely agree that it's undercosted, tho.

While the Sicaran looks nasty and on paper seems nasty. I played one at OFCC and it's ok my opponents can tell you nothing really spc. Now the Comp. Mortis Dred. that is nasty.

The Sicaran is a little bit more than "okay"; it's probably the second-best tank in the game right now. The Autocannon is fantastic and can kill Wave Serpents like nobody's business; the sponsons come at reasonable prices and with useful guns; you can get Tank Hunter for a nominal fee as well as a number of other abilities; it's got better armor than a Predator does as well as the Fast type for very little points increase. The only bad thing about it is that you're limited to one per detachment without resorting to taking specific HQs, but for some armies taking that HQ isn't particularly a downside at all, so it's a moot point.

We've already seen Nurgle and Khorne Heretic lists/source books.  IA 13 has compiled everything Chaos released up to this point.  I say we'll see a Slaanesh Heretic List in one of the next books, perhaps by X-Mas '15.  When they release IA 13 Second Edition for 8th Edition, they'll add the Slaanesh and Tzeentch lists to it.  

That's my guess, anyway. 

We've already seen Nurgle and Khorne Heretic lists/source books.  IA 13 has compiled everything Chaos released up to this point.  I say we'll see a Slaanesh Heretic List in one of the next books, perhaps by X-Mas '15.  When they release IA 13 Second Edition for 8th Edition, they'll add the Slaanesh and Tzeentch lists to it.  

That's my guess, anyway. 

That would fit in with the Chaos Knights, since they were all Slaaneshi as far as I can recall.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

deredeo-dread6.jpg

185 Point Walking Dakka Pred with ability to Intercept/Skyfire.

S8/AP4 H4 Re-roll Pen arm cannons

S6/AP3 H3 Pinning Missiles that can target different and contextually ignores intervening terrain available for 35 pts

5++ vs Shooting, 6++ vs Melee 

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEREDEO_PATTERN_DREADNOUGHT.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/D/Deredeo.pdf

• Like 1

If the target is in Cover, they get a cover save.  If the target is "in the open," but you are not able to draw clean line of site to them, you pretend you can, because your plastic robot has sophisticated targeting equipment.

I feel like the Tau Missile Pods used to work like this when I played them 6 or 7 years ago.  I'm not sure if they still do.