New FW cuz money

Chaos Knight is basically the same as the loyalist one, which makes it surprisingly viable. Not getting access to the other variants (especially Warden, Crusader, and Acheron) is unfortunate, but it's at least a start.

Corbax is... eh. He's really tough, sure, but Poison/Sniper still tear him up and he's just as slow as a regular GUO with only marginally better offense (thanks to I9 and grenades) and no ability to take Greater Gifts. For the premium you're paying, I would want a lot better.

Yeah, I'm not going to be picking up one of their Chaos Knight kits, because I don't really care for them, but they just sold me on another GW Knight kit, maybe two, that are getting converted.

Same boat. Plus I run Tzeentch, so the Imperial one would make a better "Rubik" Knight, than the mutated one...

Cumbersome* *A model using a weapon with the Cumbersome rule can only ever make a single attack at WS 1 in any Assault phase, regardless of their profile or any other bonus or special rule.

Lord Commander Eidolon (HH2 – page 221; ICL – page 34) The reference to ‘Cumbersome’ in Eidolon’s Thunderous Charge special rule should be replaced with ‘Unwieldy’.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/H/Horus_Heresy_7th_Ed_FAQ_Dec_2014.pdf 

Page 6

• Like 1

:P  In my defense, I was aware of the Lascutter rule, I'm just pretty sure it was called something else on the Lascutter before.

The thunder hammer is in current chaos codex. Only dreads can take it.

And if Eidolon was a Dreadnought, I wouldn't have a problem with things. But the established fluff is that CSM doesn't get Assault Cannons, Storm Shields, Thunder Hammers, or Plasma Cannons on infantry models because, during the Heresy era, those items hadn't been sufficiently miniaturized in the Astartes at large to be feasible for use (though certain Legions had prototype versions.) Just sort of arbitrarily handing one to a character in the Heresy- in particular a Traitor character not from one of the Legions that had no access to that sort of prototype gear- makes no sense at all.

:P  In my defense, I was aware of the Lascutter rule, I'm just pretty sure it was called something else on the Lascutter before.

And if Eidolon was a Dreadnought, I wouldn't have a problem with things. But the established fluff is that CSM doesn't get Assault Cannons, Storm Shields, Thunder Hammers, or Plasma Cannons on infantry models because, during the Heresy era, those items hadn't been sufficiently miniaturized in the Astartes at large to be feasible for use (though certain Legions had prototype versions.) Just sort of arbitrarily handing one to a character in the Heresy- in particular a Traitor character not from one of the Legions that had no access to that sort of prototype gear- makes no sense at all.

Pretty sure one of the more recent CSM books included a plasma cannon picture with a infantry handle+trigger, despite the codex not including any infantry mounted plasma cannon options (other than obliterators). So, I think in the fluff, they have at least plasma cannons for infantry...

Several "hammers" exist in the Heresy-era fluff, including Forgebreaker and others used by primarchs, but I'm not aware of anything specifically crediting one of the primarchs or Legions with specifically inventing them. Though, admittedly, I am not 100% on Heresy fluff, either, so it could simply be a gap in my knowledge- but it would seem very strange for me to have the most lithe and graceful of the primarchs originating a weapon that epitomizes brute force.

it would seem very strange for me to have the most lithe and graceful of the primarchs originating a weapon that epitomizes brute force.

Have you seen a movie where the character uses the weight of a large weapon to preform mid-air dodge maneuvers?