New FW cuz money

But IW don't use daemon weapons....

They actually totally do, they don't deal with Deamons. IW love using whatever they can to make powerful weapons, they view Deamons as something like just another power source. The kai gun from the 3.5 book was a deamon weapon designed by an IW warsmith iirc.

They actually totally do, they don't deal with Deamons. IW love using whatever they can to make powerful weapons, they view Deamons as something like just another power source. The kai fun from the 3.5 book was a deamon weapon designed by an IW warsmith iirc.

That's it. Did seem a bit off.

IW also hate mutations they cut them off and replace the areas with bionic parts. There are even some short stories about minor Deamons being used to power the bionics. There are allot of those stories to try and justify their inclusion in the CSM book even tho loyalist stuff matches their predilections better.

Actually foe breaker (that hammer is foe something...) was a deamon weapon from horus to help amp up Perterabo's jealousy and make it more likely for him to side with horus in the coming civil war.

Forge Breaker. It was Ferrus Manus's weapon; Perturabo ended up with it after Manus's death in the dropsite massacre.

And yeah, Pax, he has weapons that CSM don't normally get. He's not only a HH Model, he's a Special Character. They often have unique weapons.

• Like 1

Is there a fluff criteria that makes a weapon qualify as a daemon weapon? Or is it just something ambiguous that Chaos' weapons feature?

Yes a fluff criteria is involved. A deamon weapon is a weapon forged to contain a deamon. It could be as weak as a minor deamon (not even a lesser of the major four gods) or as mighty as a blood thirster. The current equipment deamon weapons typically contain greater Deamons dammed to serve a master and they hate not being in charge! Cuz they are powerful enough they can rebel sometimes.

Forge breaker seemed to have a more subservient sentience locked within it not to make it better or more powerful, the artifice of its construction was enough, but it was there to ensure that the jealousy and hatred Purtarabo had for Dorn stayed strong and caused the iron warriors to fight for horus.

Hmmmm citations are missing there... I need to figure out the time line. Iirc in the black library horus heresy series Perturabo (finally spelled it right!) gets the hammer before the drop site massacre. But forge world has ferrus manus wielding it, then there is that picture in the lexicanum after it is converted to a deamon weapon...

Hello there,

Perturabo pacifies/purges Olympia.  He knows daddy won't forgive that.  But the Warmaster told him that he did what had to be done and anything worth doing was worth doing thoroughly.

/cue internal conflict within Perturabo. 

The Gorgon and Fulgrim meet and discuss the Gorgon turning to ally with Horus.  Outraged, the Gorgon and his closest brother share heated words.  The Gorgon tries to break the sword Fireblade but is unsuccessful.  Fulgrim takes Forgebreaker back.  Blood is spilled and although Fulgrim gets away, Ferrus' fires for vengeance are stoked beyond what is tactically sound and thus the Iron Hands rush towards the Istvaan system when they receive their orders later.

The Istvaan massacre occurs, Ferrus Manus is slain by Fulgrim and his Laer daemon blade.  This is where the Forge World diorama statue is confusing to me:  Fulgrim had Forgebreaker, Ferrus had Fireblade... not the other way around like the diorama. 

Fulgrim gives the Gorgon's head and Forgebreaker to the Warmaster after Istvaan.

The Warmaster gives Perturabo Forgebreaker later on.  Most folks say it's a token for Perturabo's loyalty to Horus... but Perturabo knows what it really is. 

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

The Chaos Knight Kit is pretty underwhelming, overall, as has been mentioned.  I am interested to see what else they release at Knight Scale for Chaos, though.  

Remember the daemon upgrades give it a constant 5++, which can be combined with a grimore of true names for a 3++. The Ion shield facing would also be bumped to a 2++ via the grimore (as there is no stipulation about the invulnerable improved being the same invulnerable granted by the daemon rule).

Beyond that, the rapid battle cannon has several times more range than anything in the daemon codex, so even if just for that, it has a place.

I wasn't really interested in either.  I don't play Nurgle, and the DP is rather 2G1C.  

I don't play nurgle either, but it would be a real challenge to kill that thing. It's T8 base with level 2 biomancy, a 5++, and is intiative 9 with assault grenades. He's also got shrouding and defensive grenades (daemon of nurgle). And it's a disordered charge to assault this guy (slime trail).

He's also got a "-" for armor, which doesn't sound good, but it means those grav weapons aren't going to be viable against this guy. Normally, grav is my GC/MC solution, but I'd need 6s for this guy. 7 wounds against a T8 model with an invulnerable and biomancy access is very tough to destroy.

On a side note, a normal GUO can easily get to a 290pt tag, and kugath is 260pts, so this guy really isn't so bad at 355pts. It's basically allowing nurgle players to bring an additional greater daemon via a LoW slot.

He's also not a GC, which is amusing as it means that wounding him 3 times doesn't award an extra VP in ITC events. He does lack eternal warrior, but he can easily get it via the biomancy.

Though I suppose, he'll die pretty quick against poisoned weapons....