New FW cuz money

I wonder if you could mod a current knight with the grey knight nemesis dreadknight sword and a punisher cannon from a leman russ. That way you wouldn't have to pay FW prices. If you go Chinese, it may be cheaper than plastic knight though. Hrmm.

I wonder if you could mod a current knight with the grey knight nemesis dreadknight sword and a punisher cannon from a leman russ. That way you wouldn't have to pay FW prices. If you go Chinese, it may be cheaper than plastic knight though. Hrmm.

Current knight is a bit larger than the dreadknight - you could make a good bayonett or dagger, but it would look small on the imperial knight.

Is that your attempt at a joke Pax? Because, Dagger Knight could be scary. Lol.

Stabbity stab stab.

Nah, I'm too boring for jokes today. I was just saying that it would be tough to sub the Dreadknight sword for the Imperial Knight chainsword due to the size difference. I agree, in hindsight, a dagger knight would look pretty cool. Bayonet too.

It's got surprisingly decent rules given FW and Tyranids, but I still don't think I could place it in the "good" category. I like that it has WS/A/I values that aren't total garbage and are, in fact, quite impressive, but Leaping as a unit type is pretty meaningless and a 6" move on a 200pt model isn't doing it any favors. If it somehow manages to get into CC, it's pretty dang scary, but it seems unlikely it will manage to do so.

Also, against a MEQ, that thing has four separate and unrelated ways to inflict Instant Death.

• 1 month later...

I really wanna see FW give that not-Riptide an AP3 torrent flamer and an AP2 massive blast that for some reason is allowed to hit flyers. Because, you know, rules.

Or maybe some sort of TAU melee army....

I really wanna see FW give that not-Riptide an AP3 torrent flamer and an AP2 massive blast that for some reason is allowed to hit flyers. Because, you know, rules.

To be fair, that aquila strong point cannon has something pretty close to this...just need to mount that cannon on a riptide and the TAU would finally be competitive :wink: ...

• 2 weeks later...