Space Wolves Discussion - First Reaction

evil_bryan

What's a Rune Priest in Terminator armor cost now?

Im showing 85 pts that's without any ranged weapons on it though...Storm Bolter is 5pts,combi weapon is 10.Still would have the Runic axe he comes with.

The more I read this book the more stoked I am about this new army.being an Ork player I really like assault based armies ,now I feel like ive finally found an army that will fit in with the way I like to play AND can be a top table performer.

Stormclaw has giving me a great start for it and ive also purchased a Stormfang and a Ven Dred kit along with a pod so im gonna see about mixing that in with a solid base of AM shooting and go from there:)

• Like 1

I'm kind of liking the idea of a Rune Priest with the Helm of Durfast, possibly manning an Icarus Lascannon. Or if rolling on the Tempestas Discipline, which is just chock-full of Witchfires. I wish I could just roll a d3 on it, tho, or that ML1 Psykers were still limited to just generating WC1 Powers, because the top half of the table is kind of underwhelming for WC2.

I basically get to add two more bodies to my TW pack for free, and if I change the Lord to just be a WG Battle Leader, he comes out basically the same as he was as a Wolf Lord before except for the Eternal Warrior, but enough cheaper that I can add yet another TWC dude with a Storm Shield.

I'm definitely liking the options for a Drop/Tide list, with some combination of Pods, WG Terminators loaded up with Combi-Weapons, Lone Wolves, stuff in StormWolves, and TWC all getting up in the other guy's face really fast.

Sky Claws might actually be usable now, too, I'll have to poke at the options a bit more. But being able to take two Specials at any size (admittedly at BS3), plus a hidden Fist and the full range of options on the WG Leader. Putting a Wolf Priest in there for Preferred Enemy might help a bit.

Given the increase in price, the loss of MotW and Wolf Standards, and the increase in price for a Power Weapon/Fist, I think I am going to have to switch to pure Bolter Grey Hunters. Pricing out what one of my Packs looks like before and after, compared to how well they dish it out in an Assault, is just kind of sad.

BC are pretty fighty for the price you pay- they're basically what CSM should have been. Shoving a bunch of bodies into the enemy's face is gonna be a very common plan for Woofs these days, I think.

For 1k, you can get 60 bC in pods (flamer each, 2 locator beacons). It's crazy. 330 more gets you 6 LW with combi, tda and fist. Spend the rest on TWC and you're laughing. You bleed kill points but your whole army is eating them on turn 2. :)
  • Like 1

Aventine an i were speculating on adding sob to make 5 of those squads fearless and have hymns too.

For 1k, you can get 60 bC in pods (flamer each, 2 locator beacons). It's crazy. 330 more gets you 6 LW with combi, tda and fist. Spend the rest on TWC and you're laughing. You bleed kill points but your whole army is eating them on turn 2. :)

26 Kill Points at 1850, ahahaha. Brutal list though.

• Like 1

For 105, you get a 2 plus save tank. Granted, that's four wounds of TWC your giving up, but 2 plus is nice.

Was also contemplating a second lord with armor of rus on TWC.

The runic armour he has gives him a 6+ Inv as well. While not great it's awsome that they get any kind of inv save. I loved my iron priest on TWC last edition and I think they got better.

Melee list prolly lists built Pistol or close combat weapon for that, while the other option is for any weapon... Are there some that are equipped Bolter and bolt Pistol? This would allow for full melee trade. I was running into something similar only opposite on my space marine master of the forge, I could not get a conversion beamer with two power weapons, even with the power axe swap. The listed power axe swap allows the Bolter to swap while the melee weapons list only allows a pistol or ccw swap.