2K Space Wolf List Ideas for Elvensword Ambassador Tournament

WestRider

At some point, I'd like to run Chaos (either CSM or Daemons) in this thing, because they were my first Army. IG and Nids are perennial favorites of mine, especially for Nids if it opens up to FW so I can use my Malanthrope. I'm starting in on a Tau force, which might be solid enough for me to run it next year. If Dark Angels get some love in the next year, I could totally roll with them as well. FW access for Mortis Dreads would help there, too. So yeah, it's pretty much all over the map.

And keeping up with GW's mess of supplements, Dataslates, White Dwarf Units, Campaign books, and who knows what else is significantly easier for new players at this point? Are new players even a good target demographic for this event? Seems like you'll get a better fight by getting proper vets of each Army signed up.

The Culexus actually seems pretty easy to deal with to me, and there ain't much else that significantly impacts the Blessings that CentStars run on.

And again, compare something like a Hierodule to a WraithKnight or Imperial Knight. There's not that much difference in power level, and it might be edged toward the GW stuff. Once you keep out the ranged D and the huge Ignores Cover Blasts, there's not anything really coming to mind that's more unbalancing from FW than the stuff GW is already putting out.

• Like 1

"Easier" and "one MORE enormous layer" are two different things.

Just choosing not to add one MORE layer. Its cost prohibitive ENOUGH that I just choose...for better or for worse.... to make it easier on the MAJORITY of players who just cant afford to keep escalating things. And yup, theres going to be some denial for me because i am blessed and COULD afford it, If I really wanted to. I could probably go out and buy 13 tomes tomorrow. But im justnot gonna ask Joe Average-player to do it juat to compete w me. Not gonna do it. but I get it if others wanna play that version of the game. Do it