Just When You Thought Forge World Couldn't Get Any Crazier

Romans832

It wasnt off topic.  the topic seemed to be about the absurdity of this "value pacK' and i simply pointed out one MoRE reason why its absurd to even consider their offer:  that doing so encourages an arms race we should avoid.  Perhaps somewhat tangential, but still along the lines of how absurd the wehole thing has gotten wit hthem, and not just on this.

• Like 1

It wasnt off topic.  the topic seemed to be about the absurdity of this "value pacK' and i simply pointed out one MoRE reason why its absurd to even consider their offer:  that doing so encourages an arms race we should avoid.  Perhaps somewhat tangential, but still along the lines of how absurd the wehole thing has gotten wit hthem, and not just on this.

It totally was...  You hijacked his thread about prices to go off on an anti-forgeworld in competitive play rant. :)

• Like 1

Back on topic...

Just look at all the tournies allowing FW. BAO/LVO and many ITC events are allowing it and it really hasn't changed the meta all that much. At the BAO, most of the FW stuff was the bad stuff and the Frontline crew adjusts what is allowed and isn't allowed to make the bad FW stuff a non-issue.

:wink:

• Like 1

Back on topic...

Just look at all the tournies allowing FW. BAO/LVO and many ITC events are allowing it and it really hasn't changed the meta all that much. At the BAO, most of the FW stuff was the bad stuff and the Frontline crew adjusts what is allowed and isn't allowed to make the bad FW stuff a non-issue.

:wink:

That's actually back OFF topic.  :)

• Like 3

Each of the bundled sets are pretty sweet looking and I agree with many other sentiments here. If you and/or  your friend were planning on getting one already at least they are giving you a break on the price, unlike most other GW bundles which show little to zero savings.

That seems to be changing at least a bit. I'm picking up a Pestilent Swarm here soon, because it's close to 25% off. I think a couple of the recent big Nid bundles offer a decent price break, too. They do still have the 1-click bundles with no discount, but they are doing some actual deals again, too.

On topic, yeah, some FW stuff is absurdly expensive, especially if you're looking at an entire army of Knights (half of which are notably bigger than GW's plastic kit). That said, GW's core lineup is increasingly matching FW prices, many FW Character models are no more expensive than GW's plastic/finecast character models, and many newly released units are pretty much on par with FW pricing (e.g. repackaged Dire Avengers and the Tempestus Scions are identical in cost per model to a unit of FW Death Korps Grenadiers). 

That said, the bundle in question does save you ~$130 if you're looking to collect all the Knights anyway, that's who FW is marketing that for. Given that GW's webstore bundles usually save you $0 and are just easy "one-click" options, and that a 5 GW knights would still run you $700, I have a hard time seeing where this is so egregious.

• Like 1