New Khorne / Archaon

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Skarr Bloodwrath £18
This multi-part, plastic, clampack hero is a special character from the Chaos forces.

Blood Tide of Khorne  £80
 box contains; 10 Bloodletters; 3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne; a Blood Throne/Skull Cannon of Khorne; and a Daemon Prince.

He's pretty legit.

he's 300 point infantry with just a 4+as... that means he just goes 'poof' to S6 attacks, magic and on top of that he gets stomped.  i would call him a total fluff choice....... sure he can rise back on a 4+ but you're throwing 300 points towards a 50:50 chance? im not that risky... if he was cheaper, yea he'd be legit but thats way too much investment for what he is.  not saying he's not fun cause id snicker with the chance of getting charged having him die and set him up for a flank charge.

I think you are overlooking his stat line painc. He's meant to be in a unit. He has 6 S7 attacks in the first round with a higher than average WS and init for a lord. He's also T5 so most things need 5's and 4's to wound him. He can also be buffed with magic.

This guy punks anything with armour! He's smack in around non-asf units/models. Not many things stand up to him in a challenge.

How many armies, other than dwarfs, roll with a ton of S6 stuff? He's not running around solo. Stick this douche-magoo in a unit of 28 khorne warriors with absb on demonic steed and a lord on jug and I am willing to bet this 300 point model isn't an easy one to kill.

Yes, it's 50% chance to come back. That means 50% of the time he's com in back to the fight after the first round of combat (if you manage to kill him in the first round). I've seen enough S6 attacks fail to do enough wounds when needing 3's to wound to know that when you need 4's to hit followed by 3's to wound and you fighting a character in a corner that it's almost more worthwhile to attack the unit if you can wound them on2's.

Just as he can be hurt by magic, he can be buffed by it. What happens when the unit fighting him is hexed and has WS and/or S dropped? What happens if you get some buffs on him and his unit? Magic works both ways. Heck you can put a shrine behind him for added bonus.

Also, if you flank him with flying nurgle prince or some chimera's, who's attractions the war machine attention. I think this guy is awesome for 300 points.

Edited by MexicanNinja
  • Like 1

'sigh' *shakes head*... yup i need a break from these forums.  that response was borderline just insulting to my intelligence.  thought to put him into a unit?  really............ how dumb do you think i am?

Well, I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. They comment you listed regarding S6 could be used against a lot of 300 point models. I've had my 300+ point dreadlord go *poof* to S5 attacks.

Is he as good as the dual 3++ tzeentch lords...no. For being a khorne based character, I think he is solid for 300 points. That's all.

There's nothing wrong with having different views about models or units in this game. The two of us have plenty of discussions in person. I would assume, and hope, that you don't think I am try in to insult you.

Honestly I am so unsure of how I feel about WHFB right now I am dumbfounded. I am staring at my army for OFCC that needs to get painted and I am feeling like why bother. Games done. Bad Guys win. Good for them now there's nothing. Now GW will probably try its hand in Steampunk because other companies are doing good with it. Hey X-Wing is the second largest miniature game right now just right behind 40K. Maybe they should try their hand in that. :dry:

Is 40K next? I'll let you 40K players chew on that for awhile.

Honestly I am so unsure of how I feel about WHFB right now I am dumbfounded. I am staring at my army for OFCC that needs to get painted and I am feeling like why bother. Games done. Bad Guys win. Good for them now there's nothing. Now GW will probably try its hand in Steampunk because other companies are doing good with it. Hey X-Wing is the second largest miniature game right now just right behind 40K. Maybe they should try their hand in that. :dry:

Second time this week for this one:

lead_large.jpg

I think it's a bit early for the doom and gloom. Even if 9th edition is chickens and steamshovels, you can still play 8th. Considering the turnout for OFCC's fantasy side, I don't imagine that'll change that soon. And for all you know, 9th will be free BJs and puppies. Save the doom and gloom for after it comes out. :)

As for 40k, I'm not sweating it.

• Like 1

Cue the Morrisey and razor blades. Sheesh, Emo much? Yeah [big bad swear word] has turned sideways, but maybe at least wait and see what 9th actually looks like before laying wfb to rest. OFCC will be fun and Warhammer will live on in some form or another.

Edit: Ah forget about it. This whole End Times thing is just not worth it.

I am taking a break from WHFB till this blows over.

I still have never in my life seen a gaming company do this to its fanbase. So we get to see if it works or if GW continues its spiral into a second league gaming company.

40k would love to have you. ;)