Who around these parts paints for cash?

dkieft

occasionally I will take on a project… one-piece stuff though.  And I have to love the project - so if you have a titan or something like that I may be interested.  But there are far better alternatives in the area for typical commission work.

-d

And what is the going rate these day?

Asked a buddy recently. Said equal to the original cost of the model (like GW new price). He was doing airbrushing with manual touch-ups with brushes and markers. His stuff looks good.

Said he'd go cheaper if I just had him do the airbrushing and I did the manual painting. I was certainly tempted, but I'm very frugal and haven't followed up on it.

Hey, thanks for all the responses.

What I am considering is to have some one help me along with my Malifaux crews. I don't have a lot of hobby time at the moment and I'd like to get a few more crews available for actual games (and I tend to only play what is painted cause... well, when there is the option it is just that much cooler).

Anyway, I definitely want a good paint job but it certainly does not need to make it on to the pages of White Dwarf (man, that would be one awesome Malifaux model to make it into White Dwarf eh?). I am in no serious hurry, but would like to not be waiting a year either.

For those less familiar with Malifaux, a crew is about 7 to 12 models varying in size from fairly tiny to Ogre size (maybe a bit bigger, but 50mm is the  largest base). Most models are about man sized. Depending on price, etc I am also probably interested in 2-3 crews over time, and would like the models to roughly match (more or less).

Also, @Chappy, sorry to hear about your hand, I hope it is better soon.

Hey, thanks for all the responses.

What I am considering is to have some one help me along with my Malifaux crews. I don't have a lot of hobby time at the moment and I'd like to get a few more crews available for actual games (and I tend to only play what is painted cause... well, when there is the option it is just that much cooler).

Anyway, I definitely want a good paint job but it certainly does not need to make it on to the pages of White Dwarf (man, that would be one awesome Malifaux model to make it into White Dwarf eh?). I am in no serious hurry, but would like to not be waiting a year either.

For those less familiar with Malifaux, a crew is about 7 to 12 models varying in size from fairly tiny to Ogre size (maybe a bit bigger, but 50mm is the largest base). Most models are about man sized. Depending on price, etc I am also probably interested in 2-3 crews over time, and would like the models to roughly match (more or less).

Also, @Chappy, sorry to hear about your hand, I hope it is better soon.

If you want to schedule some hobby time, I am more than willing to help you learn new techniques. Let me know.

-Chappy

If you want to schedule some hobby time, I am more than willing to help you learn new techniques. Let me know.

-Chappy

Oh no, see that is the problem. I just don't have time to work on them. Between full time work, taking classes and this thing they call life, I managed to complete 1 model in the last 5 months. I had set a low goal of 4 to finish in that time frame. My hobby time just gets eaten by other commitments and never happens... so... that is where paying some one comes in. I do have several crews painted, I just want to add more to my painted collection.

Oh no, see that is the problem. I just don't have time to work on them. Between full time work, taking classes and this thing they call life, I managed to complete 1 model in the last 5 months. I had set a low goal of 4 to finish in that time frame. My hobby time just gets eaten by other commitments and never happens... so... that is where paying some one comes in. I do have several crews painted, I just want to add more to my painted collection.

Okay. I am on the hook for a couple other commissions at the moment, but maybe after OFCC, we can talk. I currently have my OFCC team event force, my Friday event force, and a couple Knights that I am already booked for. But, I am interested in the Malifeux things because I like painting something other than Space Marines from time to time. PM me the force you need painted and I can get you a quote.

-Chappy