Welcome to the Machine

AgentP

Someone help my feeble tactical brain to understand something.  I know people are running the war convocation with drop pods, and from the reports I've seen they're putting destroyers and one unit of vanguard in the 3 pods.  Why the destroyers?  They have a 36" range, and don't get any benefit for being in short range.  I don't understand why they benefit from a pod deployment.

Dawned on me today that another option for fleshing out the points of the War Convocation would be the librarian formation from Codex Space Marines.  You could go a step further and take it from Sentinels of Terra to get the bones artifact.  Running the war convocation along with 2+ resoluble summoning spam and invis could be effective.

Dawned on me today that another option for fleshing out the points of the War Convocation would be the librarian formation from Codex Space Marines.  You could go a step further and take it from Sentinels of Terra to get the bones artifact.  Running the war convocation along with 2+ resoluble summoning spam and invis could be effective.

The one you might want to look into is the SW Rune Priest. They have adamantium will by default via their rune weapons, and can still take psychic hoods. Pretty good for psychic defense. That SW character even has a once per turn re-roll of a deny attempt.

On the other end, the DA psyker has that new disipline which includes a power that grants a friendly unit the Rage special rule. Imperial knights and the melee admech would be very impressive with more attacks. They also have powers to reduce leadership.

Probably alreay know this one, but looks like Skitarii got an ITC FAQ ruling on their main detachment:

Fortifications may never benefit from the Scout special rule.

• 2 weeks later...