ITC WAAC Super Fun Time Dark Angels List for Bronson

MikhailLenin

Lion Blade Strike Force

Company Master on Jump Pack with Shroud of Heroes, Artificer, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Shroud of Heroes

Chaplain on Bike

6x 5 Man Tact Squad with Meltagun, Combi Melta in Pod

2x 5 Man Assault Squad with 2 Flamer in Pod

2x 5 Man Dev Squad with Grav Cannon in Pod

Ravenwing Support Squadron

Darkshroud with Heavy Bolter

3 Typhoons

Dark Angel Allied Detachment

Libby on Bike

6 Man Black Knights with 1 Apothcary and 1 RW Grenade Launcher

5 man Scouts

Believe that adds roughly to 1850

• Like 2

I love this, thank you Jeremy!  I really should have outsourced my list building to someone with more tactical sense than myself years ago.  I think I could play this.  Even I should be able to wrap my brain around "place ObSec pod here" as a strategy.

The best thing is that I have almost all of these models, with the exception of some more drop pods.  

But a question, what do I do with the jump pack commander?  Where does he go?

• Like 1

I love this, thank you Jeremy!  I really should have outsourced my list building to someone with more tactical sense than myself years ago.  I think I could play this.  Even I should be able to wrap my brain around "place ObSec pod here" as a strategy.

The best thing is that I have almost all of these models, with the exception of some more drop pods.  

But a question, what do I do with the jump pack commander?  Where does he go?

is this a service?  I can never get around what I want to paint - (coolness in my head) … when I make a list… but really - if it is a service how much!? 

-d

Yeap, Company Master dont get [big bad swear word]ing bikes according to GW. 

To be fair, DA put all their bikers into one company, and they have a special character for the company master of that company. So, the company master being on a bike is a bit unfluffy.

After an evaluation of models I own, plus a realistic painting timeline, what would you think of a modification such as this?  Still competitive?

Lions Blade Detachment

Battle Demi Company

Chaplain, bike

5x assualt squad, 2 flamers, sgt with comb flamer, drop pod

5x tac squad, melta, sgt with combi melta, drop pod

10x devastator squad, 2 GC, 2LC, drop pod

Ravenwing Support

1x Darkshroud, assualt cannon

3x typhoon missile land speeders

Dark Angel Allied Detachment

Librarian, Lv2, Bike, Eye of the Unseen

6x Ravenwing Command Squad, apothecary, champion, ravenwing banner, 1 GL

5x scouts

1x Land Speeder Vengence, assault cannon

So, with combat squading the devastators, I have 7 ObSec units, and 5 ObSec drop pods.  Everything from the Lion's Blade fires overwatch at full BS, so they should be good at holding objectives.  The bike unit runs around like a mini deathstar.  The speeders run around shooting within the bubble of the darkshroud.

After an evaluation of models I own, plus a realistic painting timeline, what would you think of a modification such as this?  Still competitive?

Lions Blade Detachment

Battle Demi Company

Chaplain, bike

5x assualt squad, 2 flamers, sgt with comb flamer, drop pod

10x devastator squad, 2 GC, 2LC, drop pod

Could you drop a body or two from the devs to make the combi-melta sgt's regular meltagun special weapons in those tac squads?  It would be frustrating to you roll up a miss on a single-shot weapon rather than knowing that it gets a second chance next turn.  I know there are likely model limitations and all, but figured it was worth considering.

So question.  I'm thinking of painting the sides of the bases a different color for each squad, to mark them.  So one unit's base edge would be red, another blue, etc.  If you saw that on the table, would you find that helpful, or garish?

I've seen that done (colored base edges) and generally find it breaks up the basing theme/aesthetic for an army; so not a great idea if you're running this as a tournament force where you're shooting for painting votes.  Probably better to have shoulder-pad or knee squad level designations if possible; it (IMO) is better accepted as closer to an actual conventional badge/marker and doesn't interrupt the cohesive basing for the army as a whole.

I have seen colored dots on bases used though at the rear of the model to mark squads that didn't cause any significant distraction form the army/basing, so that might work.