October 10 2015 AMBASSADORIAL TOURNAMENT

Lord Hanaur

I jumped over to the page and noticed a couple of things that seem to have been overlooked. It says on the front page that there are 17 Factions represented, but the actual list only has 15. Also, the note about FAQs links to the outdated ones on the Black Library page, not the current ones on the GW page. If these are known issues and you just haven't got to them yet, just disregard this.

Also, are you going to change your List Construction to your new 2 Detachments, 3 if one's a CAD style?

• Like 1

I jumped over to the page and noticed a couple of things that seem to have been overlooked. It says on the front page that there are 17 Factions represented, but the actual list only has 15. Also, the note about FAQs links to the outdated ones on the Black Library page, not the current ones on the GW page. If these are known issues and you just haven't got to them yet, just disregard this.

Also, are you going to change your List Construction to your new 2 Detachments, 3 if one's a CAD style?

As mentioned, Site updates are coming.  So visit frequently but it will all be updated by August 1  Several things will change so stay tuned.  I just wanted, in fairness, to make sure it was on peoples radar so they don't miss their chance at registering.  We are just giving the advanced notice to avoid anyone not realizing registration had begun.

• Like 1

Count every detachment you select separately.

That doesn't answer the question. The single Unit selections are just described as being "Army List Choices", not sub-Detachments or Formations. Are you going to be counting them as Formations?

EDIT: Nevermind. I read it again, and it does make a clear distinction between those single-Unit add-ons and the Formations. The MaulerFiends would just be part of the Blood Host itself, not a separate Detachment within it :D

Thanks for running this tournament again this year, It was a blast last time. It is really cool seeing Nicely painted whole armies from each codex. it is also a pleasure to play a different army every round.

I posted on warsounder about this but Thought I would cover my bases as things can be easily missed.

Was wanting to know the ruling on the gaunts spawned by the tervagon. their rules say they are the same any gaunt in the army. So does that mean they are OS as well?

Also the Tyrannocyte I like to get a ruling on. The ruling on this will dictate how I use them big time.

Hears some thought from a earlier post.

The rule is Instinctive Fire, on a Tyrannocyte...
Instinctive Fire:
"Each weapon on this model automatically fires at the nearest enemy unit within range and line of sight. The shots are resolved at the end of the Shooting phase before Morale checks are taken. Each weapon can fire at a different target unit, but they cannot be fired in any other way or at any other time."

-These shots are "compulsory"
-They are after you have fired everything else

Emphasis of the last part:
-They cannot fire Overwatch

So Each weapon on this model automatically fires at the nearest enemy unit within range and line of sight". Line of sight and range are measured from the base of Monstrous creatures, not the weapons. As written, the last line about being able to fire at separate targets would only come in to play if two or more units were equidistant from the Tyrannocyte. If these were hull mounted weapons, they would have a firing arc and only be able to fire in that arc. They are not specified as so, and therefore will again follow the normal rules for MCs and therefore have a 360 degree firing arc.

RaW: Yes, all 5 weapons can fire at the closest Unit. MC have no arc or issues with LoS through themselves.

Fluff: The model is made to look like it would fire in all directions, so firing through itself would be strange indeed.
But that's not the rules unfortunately, so most players would go by RaW.

As you can see their are a few ways to look at it.
The big tournament can't even agree on it. The only thing they all agree on is, that it is written poorly.

The ETC Rules it this way:
Because of Instinctive Fire, a Tyrannocyte will fire all of its guns at the closest target. Measure range to and from the MC's base to find out which model or unit will be the target of the shooting attack.

The ITC rules it this way: ( The worst ruling I have personally seen, I feel.)
Treat the five weapons on a Tyrannocyte/Sporocyst as if they are hull mounted weapons on a vehicle (i.e. they have a 45 degree firing arc).

I normally play it between the rules above. As the rule states you shoot the closest units to the guns. While letting the unit Use it's MC rules as well. Example is if I have 3 units around the Tyrannocyte. Two are 3' away and the third is 5 inches away I would split the guns between the two units that are 3' away. 2nd example: if only one unit is next to the
Tyrannocyte all 5 guns fire at the one unit.

I normally talk the rule over with who ever I play with to see what they think before starting.

Knowing the answer to this will allow me to decide how to use this unit best.

Thanks for you time at looking at this.

Seven Ambassadorial forces claimed in the first five minutes.  A new record.

Keep in mind that Ambassadors are placed in the order they transmitted.  There were some serious trigger fingers this time around.  Lol.

As usual, Ambassadors will receive a transmission confirming their acceptance as Ambassadors and to which faction, plus giving them further instructions as to which docking bay they will be occupying.

Seven Ambassadorial forces claimed in the first five minutes.  A new record.

Keep in mind that Ambassadors are placed in the order they transmitted.  There were some serious trigger fingers this time around.  Lol.

As usual, Ambassadors will receive a transmission confirming their acceptance as Ambassadors and to which faction, plus giving them further instructions as to which docking bay they will be occupying.

How long to get the info