October 10 2015 AMBASSADORIAL TOURNAMENT

Lord Hanaur

Hey Bones,

a bit concerned about the fourth mission's Primary Objectives.  Here's why: the PO's are awarded by removing units with Battlefield Roles.  You state that if there are no choices taken for a particular battlefield role, such as Heavy or Fast Attack, then the opponent automatically gets those points.  Therein lies my concern--my army has no Heavy choices or Elite choices to take.  Do I, then, automatically award my opponent 18 PO points for those two Battlefield roles, starting that game at a huge disadvantage? 

EDIT:  Yes.  So you will want to tool your list accordingly.  We did make a slight modification for the Militarum Tempestus though so I will talk to you about that.  Your codex is a bit unique.

The concept of the tournament is to be Ambassadors of your codex.  Not one section of the codex.  So it may very well be WORTH it to you to concede 9 points by taking nothing in a certain slot or not enough of it.  But of course the safer bet is always to bring a balanced list...  which will be meeting on the field of battle against other such lists.  =)

• 1 month later...

Excellent news has been delivered, Ambassadors.  

Literal seconds ago, the transmission indicated that this years custom dice are en route and should be within my grasp within the week.  Those who have participated before understand the import of this transmission.

The beneficence of George Allen Butler III has caused this to happen.  He is the author of the Fox Elvensword Trilogy of books and our committed sponsor as well.  Take a moment to thank him if you would,  as I am sure he would appreciate feeling the love from all of you even as he serves his country elsewhere.

That is all.

• Like 1

On thjat note, I have posted in the 40K Ambassadorial Forum all the current FAQ's to date.  So those who are going to this, just jump over to our forum and i will update it there so you don't have to wait on the site.

Just access it via our portal, There's a link to it there.

http://40kambassadors.com/index.php

Thank you!

The controlling player can choose to expend Blood Tithe points at the start of any of his turns. To do so, pick one reward on the Blood Tithe table opposite that has a value equal to or less than your number of Blood Tithe points.

DESIGNER'S NOTE: When a rule indicates that a unit is summoned, a new unit under your control immediately arrives via Deep Strike within range of the  specified unit(s) on the board.

• 2 weeks later...
PAINTING REMINDER:  The Tournament is DIRECTLY around the bend!  INCLUDING today, you have 8 days to get your models BOTH WYSIWYG and also to the obvious standard and great Ambassador would allow their forces to compete at.  So!  Make sure you are not so foolish as to leave this to the last minute.  Oh who am I fooling?  You're gamers!  But seriously.  Don your painting garb and let's get cracking.