New IG Rules

pretre

Based on the bundle on GW's site (PCS, 2xInfantry Squad, 2xHWS, Sentinels, says it has everything needed for the Formation), I'm wondering if the requirement for the Emperor's Shield Platoon is supposed to be "5 Squads with the Infantry type" rather than specifically "5 Infantry Squads".

Yeah, it also says at least 5 but you can't have more than 5 Infantry Squads in a platoon IIRC.

Too bad GW hasn't released even an errata in a long time.

• Like 2

Awww, cheese. If it did, it'd be a great replacement for the Steel Host, since Enginseers are a lot better than some dopey Hydra and the formation benefits are comparable or better.

Well, you can take Pask + Buddies, Plus that Formation. Gets you two tank commanders, 3 russ squadrons and a Enginseer

My issue is with the new tau stuff in Mont'ka, they could easily clear out 175 T3 5+ models without breaking a sweat, all on their first turn, especially with three riptides turning into six for one turn, super buffed drones, and the like. Without a major rework to the guard codex in general, giving up obsex will see them losing to any power faction, and to gladius (because they KEEP ob sec). They either need to check the power creep (wont happen) or redo the dex.

I really like these new formations. They don't seem crazy overpowered but they definitely give AM a bit of a boost.

My army fits nicely into a Cadian Battle Group Detachment:

Command: Battle Croup Command (CCS)

Core: Emperor's Fist Armored Company (5 Leman Russ (2 in the Tank Commander squad) and an Enginseer)

Auxillary: Emperor's Shield Infantry Platoon (PCS, 3 Infantry Squads, 2 Heavy Weapon Squads, 3 Scout Sentinels)

Auxillary: Super-Heavy Support Element (Baneblade)

This is what I normally take in 2,000 point games, give or take 2 Leman Russ and the Enginseer. It's nice to see that my 6th ed army is simply more powerful now thanks to the formation rules.

20 Points for the Tank Commander Relic? Looks like that's pretty much an auto-take if you're running more than one Russ Squadron.

1: Zealot

2: Warlord gets +2BS. His Unit gets +1BS. That could get ridiculous with an IC Warlord.

3: Once per Game, Warlord acts as a MoO

4: Units from the same Detachment within 12" don't have to take Morale Tests for 25% casualties

5: Gains Senior Officer. Can issue an additional Order each Turn if already has Senior Officer

6: Characters from this Detachment must Issue and Accept Challenges when possible. They get to re-roll to Hit and Wound in Challenges

6 looks like the only one that's complete garbage. 1 will let you send a Priest off somewhere else maybe. 2&3 are kind of cool, except for the above-mentioned case with an IC Warlord and 2. 4&5 seem decent, but not amazing.

Celeritas 10 points
S User AP -- Melee, Deadly Riposte, Master-Crafted.
Deadly Riposte: When fighting in a challenge, a model wielding Celeritas has an Invulnerable Save of 4+. For each successful save made by the model during a challenge, it can immediately make an attack with Celeritas that hits automatically and has the Rending special rule, even if the model is slain as the result of failing other saves at the same time.

The Iron Left 25 points
S +2 AP 3 Melee

Volkov's Cane 10 points
S User AP 4 Melee, Concussive.
Company Commander only. When a model carrying Volkov's Cane issues an Order to a unit within 6", the Leadership test will only fail on a roll of a double 6.

Standard of the Lost 113th 30 points
One Veteran in the army that can carry a Regimental Standard can instead carry the Standard of the Lost 113th. This follows the same rules as a Regimental Standard. At the start of your Movement Phase, you can declare that the bearer will plant the standard and fight to the last. The bearer's unit cannot Move, Run, or Charge for the rest of the game, but it and any friendly Cadian units within 18" are Fearless.

Kabe's Herald 20 points
A Tank Commander in your army may be equipped with Kabe's Herald. When a model equipped with Kabe's Herald uses its Tank Orders special rule, you can pick any other Leman Russ squadrons within 12"; each of these squadrons is also affected by the Tank Order, as though it was part of the Tank Commander's unit. If the Tank Commander chose the "Gunners, Kill on Sight" order, any other squadrons that are affected gain the Split Fire special rule for the duration of the phase.

Wrath of Cadia 5 points
12" S3 AP -- Pistol, Punitive
Punitive: A weapon with this special rule always wounds on a roll of 4+. In addition, when making armour saves against attacks made by a weapon with this special rule, a roll of 3 or less will always fail, even if the target's Save characteristic is 3+ or better.

For 10 pts, that Cane thing is pretty good.  I could see using that with the CCS for the Artillery Formation when used outside of the Decurion formation here.  

The tank commander one is really nice too.  Again, I could see taking the Leman Russ formation outside of the Decurion paired with a CAD.