Enfilade 2016 Fow Tournament (official thread)

taran.shannara

Not so fast.

I am changing my list to Russian Strelkovy (Guards).

After a series of family medical emergencies, and pain in my wrist, my remaining time for painting is diminished.

It would be unwise of me to undertake a marathon painting session.

Since I have 3/4 of the models already, and have half the Russian list painted, I can finish the rest before the tournament.

Going with Guards (FT) instead of Red Army (FC) reduces the number of models I have to prepare.

In the meantime...the OKW has rerouted the Hungarians to another front.

Know what you mean about uncompleted projects.  My Finns have been sitting in their box for years now, and I am still working on getting american infantry completed while collecting stuff for Russian LendLease and refining my boxes of US tanks. Along with fitting in new projects that pop up like Great War armies and Tournament prize stuff,  all while still working on commission paint jobs.

I have been looking at some of my painted up stuff and realizing that I may have too much and have been pondering the idea of selling some of it.  I have some stuff that hasn't been on a table in years and only used once. Mostly American tank stuff and some German.

Yeah I am kind of focusing on trying to get stuff painted and theres a boatload of it at my hisoos. I've been spending more on X-Wing and using my tournament winnings t buy that and Star Trek: Attack Wing because its already painted. Keeps me from accumulating more paint projects. But my other stuff is starting to get there. Im no painter. I have no illusions as to my skill. But I do all I can, when I can with the vigorous schedule I have. I should probably just commission it all and be done with it but that takes money. Hehehe.

I've got about 2500 points of Barbarossa SS (I don't know how it happened, I swear!), and it's probably the most intimidating painting project I've ever undertaken. I've got most of it based and primed, some stuff is still in blisters. All that camo, and painting all the bases really slows it down. I did a big Normandy SS project back when I was in college, and I pounded it out in a week, but that was because I was an unemployed slob, and that was traumatizing. 

In kind of a funk lately, painted up some Soviet heavy rocket trucks and screwed them up at the end stage, and I need to strip them. Killed the motivation. I also need to strip my Panzer IVHs for Kublacon, and still haven't done that, and finish 10 IS-2 obr 44s for the 7th Ind Gds Regt in Berlin (which i'll never use, I just really like them) and the list goes on and on... 

For those gamers not registered yet, I am quoting a message from the NHMGS Yahoo newsgroup:

"

2016 Enfilade Pre-Registration ends on April 27! So all of you Gamers who haven’t Pre-Registered, you only have 2 weeks to get it done. That means paid registration! Remember you get the 3 days of the Con, 2016 NHMGS Membership, $30 Reg gets a $5 T-Shirt and 2 online Event/Game sign-ups. 3 as a GM! Remember, if you cannot make the Con for any reason we will refund your money less the $5 NHMGS Fee.

So lets get going and get Registered!

Note: Due to a Policy change you must do your 2/3 online Event/Game sign-ups before Game sign-up closure! They will not be allowed to be carried over to the Con and will be lost. Save yourselves some time and don’t stand in the sign-up line those 2 periods.   

AL Rivers
Enfilade Registration Coordinator"

I've got about 2500 points of Barbarossa SS (I don't know how it happened, I swear!), and it's probably the most intimidating painting project I've ever undertaken. I've got most of it based and primed, some stuff is still in blisters. All that camo, and painting all the bases really slows it down. I did a big Normandy SS project back when I was in college, and I pounded it out in a week, but that was because I was an unemployed slob, and that was traumatizing. 

In kind of a funk lately, painted up some Soviet heavy rocket trucks and screwed them up at the end stage, and I need to strip them. Killed the motivation. I also need to strip my Panzer IVHs for Kublacon, and still haven't done that, and finish 10 IS-2 obr 44s for the 7th Ind Gds Regt in Berlin (which i'll never use, I just really like them) and the list goes on and on... 

I'm telling you:  do it with friends.  Sooooo much easier.

I'm telling you:  do it with friends.  Sooooo much easier.

Agreed.

An idea: for the SEP tournament, lets make it doubles ("do it with friends").

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27114-fow-upcoming-events-map/

Not as complicated as 4-man team at OFCC.

Also if we can set period, points and theme before Enfilade, we can discuss with guys at Enfilade.