Annihilation 4: This Time It's Personal

AgentP

A challenger has entered the game!!

I look forward to seeing those snow white Tau in person.

I look forward to seeing them on a table as well.  I have been building them and the painting has gone slowly.  But the Stealthsuits and Riptides look awesome.  I am trying to replicate the paint on the Ghostkeels.  It's several steps deep, which is beyond my normal realm of experience so i am going soooooo sloooooow.

Unfortunately that has meant that I havent gotten to play WITH my Tau empire in some time.  Mostly been playing Night Lords and Dark Eldar, sprinkling in some Eldar and Adepta Sororitas to keep me sharp.  But i havent gotten to play with my Tau empire in like three months other than a proxy game I played against Kingpin.  I should have everything assembled within a week (my wife really REALLY wants this crap off our dining room table) but as for painting, we're just praying at this stage that I can get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

Okay but what if I want to go to the tournament, but I don't want to be personal? Like, what if I want to behave like a robot? Is that still legal under this system? I couldn't find any reference to it in the ITC FAQ.

Edit: The tournament rules listing say that when generating Warlord traits "do not use the Tactical table." Is this just an accidental C&P error from the ITC version, or is it intentional?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can we ask the TO to dump the stupid restriction on Tau fortifications?  i just became aware that the ITC, fgor no obvious reason, thinks a 350 point Fortification that amounts to two Guns and a bunch of Aegis lines shouldnt be allowed?  I will be quite cross if that is the case.  that fortification is super awesome looking.  Tried it out last night for the first time (lost and tied) and it was awfully fun to play with.  But then someone pointed this out to me.  

Gawds.  tell me you'll consder it.  That ruling got right past me.  thats dumber than the Ghostkeel thing.

It isn't. It's an ITC format event with ITC rules. It has nothing to do with tau. If you're not a fan of the format, skip the event.

I might.  My main reason for going was to support AgentP, who I like.  So I mean my motivation for going remains unchanged.  I also know pretty much for a fact that my army will be better without the 350 point Tidewall Rampart.  So it isn't a power gaming thing.

But there's no rule saying AgentP has to go with rulings that he doesn't get, and especially ones that weren't voted in.  I also am asking the TO at the March 5th one to open up the Defense Network option.  They are considering it.