Annihilation 4: This Time It's Personal

AgentP

It was pretty good times. However, one complaint I know a number of people had was that the lack of printed (or otherwise visible) mission sheets in combination with the above-average number of secondary missions meant that most people had no idea what the secondaries were each game (and more than a few of them lost as a result.) I would strongly suggest insuring there is at the very least some kind of printouts spread amongst the tables with the information on them. Even just one per two or three tables would help a lot.

• Like 3

I enjoyed myself.  I didn't bring the army i wanted to.  =(

That brings up a pretty salient point for me though.  I didn't bring my Tau Empire, my Adepta Sororitas NOR my Night Lords because none of tha aforementioned is currently and completely painted in the form that I have found to be competitive.  So i left them at home.

Problem is, people showed up with unassembled models.  Unpainted models.  Unbased models.  Now i am as far from an elitest as it gets when it comes to paint, believe me.  But I was awfully upset that this was allowed because I had to throw Militarum Tempestus on the board to be legal.  Turns out, i needn't have bothered.  So i cannot say that this made me all that happy.  Clearly any time you attempt to win using the Militarum Tempestus, it could be a tough day.  I won, lost and tied (but lost to Pretre due to secondaries).  So it could have been worse.  But i was hamstrung pretty severely in trying to keep with the spirit of the event.

Perhaps a bit more forcefulness on this point would also be good.  either don't have the painting requirement (hey I'm all for it) or else enforce it.  But yeah.  I was kinda bummed about that part.  

But as far as the actual games went i had a good time.

Newp he was fine.  We rolled off on something as well, and the world didn't end.  Don't even recall what it was but it all worked out.  He was a little sloppy on movement (I think he was recovering from the beers he had in his previous game with Rory) but other than that, it was fine.  I wasn't expecting great things from the Militarum Tempestus, but they competed as well as expected and certainly didn't UNDER perform.

I had no idea what was going on rules wise with the Wulfen so my take away from the two games I played against Space Wolves was that i need to learn what all that crap does just to make sure I'm following along.  I definitely wasn't clear, at any point.  Just hadn't realized how significant that book had become.  I played against it once before the tournament just by chance but in that game he seized initiative on me and it was more wolfstar than Wulfen.

• Like 1