Anyone playing Night Stalkers?

Rijel

I read through it quite a bit, it really seems like one of those armies you have to try a few times just with proxies to see how well it would work. It was really hard to visualize what it could do. If rating armies from "easy" to use to difficult I feel like it would be rated as one of the hardest. 

Ooh! I had an idea for models to use for Night Stalkers: ghosts and such that are cast in translucent plastic. There are enough of these from various manufacturers that most of the army list selections have an analog somewhere.

I've checked, and between my Reaper bones minis in green, and a Bag o Zombies, I've already got a (small) forces worth of models.

The beauty of the Night Stalkers list is that nearly any figs will work for it.

So the Cephalyx models would definitely work, though you'd need to do something different with the bases to get them to fit on a movement tray. The 30mm bases most of the models come with will rank up on a Kings of War movement tray, in a 6 model by 6 model grid.

I went digging through my model stash, and found a bunch of Goblin Town goblins from the Hobbit game. They're misshapen, and with a glossy black paint job will make decent dopplegangers.

I also got one of the clear gelatinous cubes, and plan on inking purple, mounting a electronic tea light in the interior space, and using it as a glowing Portal Of Despair.

There was a game on Kickstarter recently called "The Others: 7 Sins" that had a bunch of miniatures in it that I thought would be perfect for my vision of a Night Stalkers army. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can buy the different "sin" boxes separate from the game, so I doubt that would be a feasible route to go. Plus I have no idea how the game minis would scale with other 28mm stuff.

one of my friends from iowa i believe is doing a night stalker army.  he is using a few GW and mierce things i believe and then sculpting a bit.  night stalkers look incredibly cool.  like really different and i love it...

Mierce probably has some good options (thinking of that crocodile thing with human arms), but also fairly expensive. Going to do some searching, see if I can figure something out. I just hate Reaper miniatures sooooo much, heh.

• 4 weeks later...