Deathwatch vs GS Cult

pretre

Quick question.. If a model has the rending rule, and he has a bonesword which is ap3. On a 6 does he ignore ap2 armor.???

The weapon does not have it but the model hasas a spiecal rule.

The fighter HQ doesn't have rending claws, but he does have the rending rule and a bonesword. So I was wondering.

Does rending apply to the shotting as well?

Sorry on pain meds and can't locate in the BRB..

No. You can no longer use all the weapon profile stats on Nid weapons. When you go into combat, before you swing, you have to declare "im using the boneswords" or "i'm using the rending claws" and then you get that melee weapon profile to use.

they removed the nids ability to use both when they allowed them to count 2 CC weapons as +1 Attack.

so the bonesword rolling a 6 would inflict an instant death wound but still allow a 2+ armor save against it.

No. You can no longer use all the weapon profile stats on Nid weapons. When you go into combat, before you swing, you have to declare "im using the boneswords" or "i'm using the rending claws" and then you get that melee weapon profile to use.

they removed the nids ability to use both when they allowed them to count 2 CC weapons as +1 Attack.

so the bonesword rolling a 6 would inflict an instant death wound but still allow a 2+ armor save against it.

I know this I play exclusively Tyranids at tournaments tell just recently.

This is a different situation. The Primus here doesn't have Rending Claws, he just has Rending listed as a Special Rule, which means that it applies to all his CC Attacks, regardless of what Weapon he's using.

Thanks, I was thinking it was that way. That makes him a lot more useful. He has a rending Bonesword which makes it way better then the warriors or warrior prime gets.

Lends me hope fore the new dex.