Looking for Team

So figured I would start a thread because I assume I'm not the only one in this boat. I figure we can try to match some people with teams who are looking to fill a roster spot.

Anyway, my list (or aprox of it) was listed in the 40k Forums. It will be a thousand sons list so would love to match with some other Chaosy people to keep a theme.

I moved from Oregon to Hawaii 2 years ago and had attended 3 OFCCs prior. I have most of my models ready to go and am not an ass hat! Will be bringing a list that is pretty much a solid 1.

I am ready to pay my entry fee so you won't need to hound me about that, and best of all I will bring chocolate covered macadamia nuts for my team!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have three players andthey need a Captain.  They are absolutely the types we want at OFCC in my opinion, but none of them have been there before.  So what do you think?  All three are here in Olympia (one is in Guam but will be back in time).

I can have all of them paid on a moments notice once there is a team name to attach to it.  

Let me know.

• Like 1

Being as I've been to OFCC before, we could Voltron on up, (Megathrusters are on, Dynatherms are go) and I'll form the head.  Fluger or you or others who remember me could second my Captain-cy and we'd be good to go.

Since I didn't have a team name, I put 'Null' in the Team name space when I bought my ticket, so guess we could all wear grey and be "Team Null."

I can probably even drive down to Olympia between now and then and give the kids a Grandma Day so we can all meet in person.

Hmm, I'll have to take a Level 1 list and eat a few bad match-ups so the rest of Team Null has a good first OFCC experience, so at least that means I can field that unit of Arcoflagellants I've always wanted....

And since I live North of Seattle and plan to drive down I can probably help them carpool as well.

• Like 2

Being as I've been to OFCC before, we could Voltron on up, (Megathrusters are on, Dynatherms are go) and I'll form the head.  Fluger or you or others who remember me could second my Captain-cy and we'd be good to go.

Since I didn't have a team name, I put 'Null' in the Team name space when I bought my ticket, so guess we could all wear grey and be "Team Null."

I can probably even drive down to Olympia between now and then and give the kids a Grandma Day so we can all meet in person.

Hmm, I'll have to take a Level 1 list and eat a few bad match-ups so the rest of Team Null has a good first OFCC experience, so at least that means I can field that unit of Arcoflagellants I've always wanted....

And since I live North of Seattle and plan to drive down I can probably help them carpool as well.

I've been a Captain multiple times, and will also vouch for you.

• Like 1

Do you know what the armies are for the rest of Team Null?

I want to know whether or not we can have a viable theme and if they're all 'Bad Guy' armies then I'll swap to the multiple units of potentially-deepstriking Gretchin and Kaptin Badrukk with a unit of Flash Gitz backed up by Trukk Boyz.

Or if there's an Imperial theme, do you have a copy of the most recent Codex: Inquisition? After I posted I realized I only have the old Grey Knights Codex, not the latest digital-only version.

I want to know whether or not we can have a viable theme and if they're all 'Bad Guy' armies then I'll swap to the multiple units of potentially-deepstriking Gretchin and Kaptin Badrukk with a unit of Flash Gitz backed up by Trukk Boyz.

Or if there's an Imperial theme, do you have a copy of the most recent Codex: Inquisition? After I posted I realized I only have the old Grey Knights Codex, not the latest digital-only version.

I beleive Oseas plays Orks.  Matt plays Adepta Sororitas (often with Inquisitorial allies) and the last player Kyle is a Chaos Space Marine player.  All are very good eggs.  Oseas is exceptionally amiable and often wins best sportsman at tournaments.  Like often.  Kyle is a casual player who doesnt get a ton o practice in.  Matt is a good competitor with a hilarious sense of humor.  He has done well at events in the past even despite his distressed Codex and his painting is quite nice.  His Army was stolen (but insurance paid for it) and so i do not know for sure that he will play the Sisters.  If he doesnt, he has a REALLY nice Nurgled out Chaos Daemons list also which is quite good (I think) and really attractive.

Hey there.

Okay so I just emailed you Kyle's list as well as the names and phne numbers of your new teammates.  So good luck at OFCC.  You are REALLY going to be rolling with some nice dudes, let me tell ya'.

Looks like you will have an Ork, a Dark Angel and a Chaos Daemon list rolling with you.