Black Legion Re-release

pretre

Yeah I would kinda agree with you guys. The formations aren't that groundbreaking/improving upon units enough to make them worth it. The Cylcopia Cabal is imo the best by far. Getting a unit of Devastators and even better Centurion Devastators to fire for you for free is so sweet in certain match-ups. The artifacts on the other hand are HORRIBLE. The best one out of the lot is the Eye of Night (once again imo) but it costs so many points, which makes it kinda unusable. Everything else is just garbage or not worth its points.   

The artifacts on the other hand are HORRIBLE. The best one out of the lot is the Eye of Night (once again imo) but it costs so many points, which makes it kinda unusable. Everything else is just garbage or not worth its points.   

The only other one I really like is the Spineshiver Blade, specifically on a Daemon Prince. The extra Init is whatever at that point, but between Daemon Weapon and the fact that it's a "take" instead of a "swap", he gets to keep his normal CCW as well, and ends up with a ludicrous number of Attacks.

Yeah I would kinda agree with you guys. The formations aren't that groundbreaking/improving upon units enough to make them worth it. The Cylcopia Cabal is imo the best by far. Getting a unit of Devastators and even better Centurion Devastators to fire for you for free is so sweet in certain match-ups. The artifacts on the other hand are HORRIBLE. The best one out of the lot is the Eye of Night (once again imo) but it costs so many points, which makes it kinda unusable. Everything else is just garbage or not worth its points.   

I like the artifacts.  But they are essentially unchanged from before.

Is this something new?  I was under the impression that all of the supplements are a "Pick this list OR Parent List," not both.

Yeah, this is new. They're now one of the ones that can take from the Supplement in addition to the normal list. Farsight Enclaves*, the variants from Warzone Damocles, and the Shield of Baal mini-Supplement Relics are the same way.

*Oddly, Farsight Enclaves are listed as "instead" in Warzone Damocles, but as "in addition" in their actual supplement that was released afterward.

• Like 1

Maybe it was the intent all along but British English is funny that way...

British or no, I think the old wording was pretty clear:

Any character in your Black Legion detachment that can select Chaos Artefacts cannot select from those listed in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, but can instead select from the Chaos Artefacts of the Black Legion at the points costs shown.